Newark, Ohio 43055
*/**/** ** */2018 Edgewood Manor of Westerville
Please note-gap in work. Moved from Florida to Ohio. Business Development Coordinator
Screen referrals for acceptance for nursing home, verify insurance, precert when needed. Keeping track of census. Going to hospitals for marketing events. Verify secondary insurance, sign admissions paperwork. Notify house physician of new admissions. Help families with medicaid when needed. Keeping track of all referrals.Create face sheets. Reviewing referrals from hospitals to see if we could meet their needs. Working with the case managers to review acceptance or denial of patients. Tracking reports-such as end of day reports, start and end of day census, projected weekly census for corporate and attend outside marketing events.
4/14 to 12/16. 21 st
Payment Poster. Posting all insurance companies, including Medicaid to patient accounts. Please note: Gap in employment is due to a fracture ankle and unable to work . 4/14-12/14 Leela Bolla, M.D. Naples, FL
Medical Assisted/Office Manager
● Responsible for entire office duties to include both clerical and clinical duties. Checked patients in/out. Scheduled appointments for any outside tests, follow up to ensure tests were faxed to office prior to f/u office appointment, called in prescriptions. Filed, purged charts, took vital signs, EKG’s, weighed patients, performed phlebotomy on patients, filled out Quest paperwork, put icd-9 codes on orders, prepared blood for pick up, ordered supplies, maintained petty cash, maintained physician schedule.
1/07- to 4/14 Moorings Park The Chateau, Naples, FL Admissions /Marketing Director
● Answer all referral calls and follow up on all leads for to obtain the admission.
● Create face sheets for new admission and sign contracts.
● Assign rooms and keep accurate track of room availability.
● Create census report daily.
● Scan documents in Answers on Demand and filed timely.
● Print common working file in Medicare system. Verified both primary and secondary insurance.
● Work well with case managers at hospitals and office managers from physician offices.
● Work with the team in regards to keeping them inform of time of arrivals for admissions and getting out the information they need to do their job. Sherry Lee
● Conduct tours. Assigned physicians to new patients and notified physicians of admissions.
● Help billing to get all their information to insure the highest amount of revenue possible.
● Give MDS as much info regarding patient to help them insure the highest rug level as possible.
● Called for pre-authorization for manager care providers and followed up weekly to ensure patient could extend their stay for rehab under an authorization number.
● Coordinate all paperwork for possible private pay long-term care admission. 2/06-10/06 Fort Myers Care and Rehab Fort Myers, FL Business Office Manager
Decreased days in A/R, Increased private collections.
Billed Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurances, VA, Hospice and private pay. Completed month end within timeline. Inputted all therapy charges weekly, both Medicare A and B.
Verified both primary and secondary insurances.
Input charges, posted receipts, helped families with Medicaid application on line, followed the Medicaid application, in charge of receptionist and accounts payable personal and oversaw the business office daily functions.
● Rotated Manager on duty
4/03-02/06 Lakeside Pavilion Nursing Home Fort Myers, FL Business Office Manager
Decreased days in A/R. Increased private collections. Increased resident trust patients thus collecting more patient liability.
Participated in PPS meetings. Worked with Social Service to help get Medicaid pending residents approved. Completed month end closes. Billed Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice, Managed Care Ins, VA and private.
Inputted charges, posted receipts, balance resident trust accounts, made bank deposits, served as receptionist back up, and a/p back up as well as other responsibilities to maintain the business office daily function. Inputted therapy charges weekly both Medicare A and B Rotated Manager on Duty and Lunch help with trays. Verified both primary and secondary insurances to ensure timely revenue by billing a clean claim. Sherry Lee
10/01-4/03 Manor Care Health Services Fort Myers, FL Business Office Manager
Decreased days in AR by working accounts. Input all charges, receipts, adjustments. Completed Month End Closes. Billed Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurances as well as hospice and VA.
Inputted all Medicare A and Medicare B therapy claims at end of month.
Called and verified both primary and secondary insurances.
Responsible for receptionists, A/P, payroll, and Co-insurance biller personal.
Back-up to any of these positions when needed.
Performed business office functions to maintain the everyday flow of the business office.
Rotated manager on Duty and assisted with Lunch dining room to ensure trays were out timely. 10/1996-03/2001 Professional Medical Billing, Inc. Zanesville, OH President/Co-Owner
Market Medical Billing Company. Recruited Clients. Negotiated client contracts and rates.
Hired/Fired billing staff. Input charges, receipts, adjustments, code charges with ICD/CPT codes as well as modifiers. Made all deposits for all the clients. Worked the A/R and called insurances or patients for resolution of accounts.
Maintained days in A/R below 45 for the clients.
Ordered Supplies, responsible for A/P and Payroll.
Back up phones for physician offices. Filed all re-credentialing forms for all clients. Scheduled patient appointments for physician. Obtained authorizations with insurances, did transcription
Back-up clients data base weekly and completed month end close
Billed Medicare, Medicaid and all private insurance companies. Sent monthly statements to private pay patients and many other duties to insure the success of our company.
Worked with clearing house to upload all electronic claims and then within 24-48 hours, downloaded any errors, corrected claims by adding modifier or other correction and rebilled the claim.
Attended Medicare/Medicaid seminars as well coding seminars. Education 06/1995 Muskingum Area Tech College, Zanesville, OH
Associate Degree; Medical Assisting. Passed National Boards.
Dean’s List; Honor Roll; President of Medical Assisting Tech Club; Vice President of Student Senate Body; Member of Student /Facility Advisory Board; Honorary Alumni Student. GPA- 3.67 06/1986 Muskingum Area Vocational School Zanesville, OH
Certificate of completion in Office Management, Typing, and Accounting, GPA- 4.0.
1973, Graduated from Maysville High School, Zanesville, OH Tips
Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Compudata billing system, Quick Care billing system, Medical Manager, Keene Ferretti billing system, Reflections billing system, Answers on Demand Software, Resident Trust Management Fund System, Medicare billing and Medicaid billing, Secondary insurance billing, ICD/CPT Coding, Internet Explorer, Email, Multiline phone system.