Salman Azam Khan
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: 903-***-**** Address: 4000 S.W.37th Blvd 1224 C, Gainesville, FL, 32608 LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/sakhn Github: github.com/skhn SUMMARY
A passionate and highly adaptable
graduate student experienced in
software development. Seeking full
time opportunities starting from May
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
M.S. IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Aug 2016 – May 2018
GPA : 3.44
Alexa Student Developer
Organizations: Open Source
Club, OAR (Adventure) Club,
Major League Hacking.
Analysis of Algorithms
Distributed Operating System
Advanced Data Structures
B.E. IN ELECTRONICS AND
Mar 2011 – Jun 2015
CGPA : 7.79 (Distinction)
HTML5 • CSS3 • SQL• PL/SQL
TOOLS & LIBRARIES
Node.js • Bootstrap • jQuery
Express.js • React • Oracle DB
SQLite • pandas • scikit-learn
Redux • InDesign • Illustrator
REST/SOAP • Git
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT INTERN EVENTPLICITY INC.
August 2017 – December 2017 GAINESVILLE FL
Developed software solutions as part of a cross-functional team working to the needs of various departments within the organization. Practiced agile software development.
Established web hooks to a cloud platform and processing incoming responses to relay appropriate messages on a slack channel through bot integrations.
Automated the generation of printable invoice/receipts by developing a web application. Increased work efficiency by a factor of 10. INTERN/TRAINEE (BIG DATA) BLUE OCEAN GLOBAL LLC
April 2016 – June 2016 BANGALORE IN
Worked on real-time data analysis queries and software using Java and MapReduce. Projects included reading forms and performing calculations using Apache tools.
A basic understanding of processing data in a RHEL environment was also realized. SUMMER RESEARCH INTERN NATIONAL AEROSPACE LABORATORIES February 2015 – May 2015 BANGALORE IN
• Created a climatology model and performed the analysis of data and visualization using remote sensing techniques. Worked with NetCDF libraries and algorithms for post satellite data extraction processing.
• Results were presented at the International Conference on Information Science & Technology for Sustainability & Innovation (ICISTSI 2015), Bangalore, India. PROJECTS
LANGUAGE COMPILER Java, ASM, JVM, JUnit Fall 2017
• Built a compiler for a scientific computation language using modern testing methodologies extensively (Test Driven Development, Unit Testing). B+ TREE IMPLEMENTATION Java Fall 2017
• Designed and implemented a B+ Tree for the course Advanced Data Structures. MOBILE INTERFACE DESIGN Balsamiq, Illustrator Fall 2017
• Designed a mobile interface for a client company (Clickbooth) and performed focus group and user testing to meet the client’s needs. NUTRISCAN Java, XML, Android Studio, SQLite, Mobile Vision API Summer 2017
• Developed a content review aggregate website in a team of four that provides information and analytics on various businesses.
RECIPE GENERATOR Python, NLTK, scikit-learn, pandas, word2vec Spring 2017
• Developed a neural network based application which generates simplified food recipes. Implemented: regression model with feature selection, classification, word vector analysis and prediction techniques.
• A gamified web application built in a team of three as an educational tool to solve nucleotide sequences for the course Bioinformatics. CLOUD-EDGE-BENEATH BASED SYSTEM C, Java, XML, IOT Fall 2016
• Designed and implemented a low-level driver for an ARM based system in a team of five to monitor temperature changes via Internet of things capable devices.