LIAQUAT ALI KHAN
Senior Electrical Engineer
Employer: (SATECH) SAUDI TECHNOLOGIST CONSULTING ENGINEERS
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Skilled engineering professional offering 19+ years of domestic and international experience in all aspects of design, construction, management, control, instrumentation and electrical systems from (380KV to 380/230-120 Volts). Proven record of success completing multimillion dollar projects in time and under budget with onsite EI&C management of multiple vendors and clients. Expertise includes designing, programming, testing, Pre-commission, Commissioning and trial-runs t. Strong technical and methodical aptitude with an innate ability to analyze, coordinate and synthesize data. Aggressive in identifying and revolving inefficient operational processes. Strong team member, able to motivate other to achieve optimal success while maintaining high (EHS) safety methods and practices. Excel in unpredictable and hectic environment.
1)-Supervisory field engineering experience including monitoring and inspection of (380/132/13.8 KV, 380/115/13.8 KV and 380/110/13.8 KV) Substations. Erection, installation and energization of Power Transformers, GIS, Surge Arresters, (380 KV, 132 KV, 110 KV and 13.8 KV) Power cables, 13.8 KV MV switchgears, Auxiliary Transformers, Control Panels, AC / DC supply systems etc.
2) – Monitoring of Testing, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and start-up activities of Substations equipment. Demonstrate technical support to the contractors and utilize expertise to the projects work as per international standards (IEC, IEEE) and SEC standards along with project specifications. Also interface with Contractors and clients to arrange meetings of different deviations specific to substation projects.
3) – Design Review of contractors submitted documents of substation equipment i.e Power Transformer, C.B, CT, PT, Surge Arresters, GIS, MV switchgears, AC/DC panels, D.C Batteries and Rectifiers, AC lightings, Power Cables, energy meters, low voltage and protection cables and wires. .
5) - Maintenance: Implementation of regularly scheduled testing, Corrective maintenance, and preventative maintenance of electrical equipment installed in a substations.
6) - Wide experience and knowledge of International Standards such as (ANSI, IEEE, NEC, NFPA, API, IEC and NEMA) and SEC standards etc.
DETAILED WORK EXPERIENCE
COMPANY ADDRESS & POSITION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PERFORMED
SAUDI TECHNOLOGIST CONSULTING ENGINEERS SAUDI ARABIA
SENIOR ENGINEER SUBSTATIONS
Mohamed Turki Mott Macdonald (MTMM) Engineering Consultancy Jeddah- WOA
SENIOR ENGINEER ELECTRICAL
AL-Jazirah Engineers & Consultants- Khobar
SITE MANAGER ELECTRICAL
JACOBS-ZATE ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY-KHOBAR
PROJECT ENGINEER ELECTRICAL
LAHOR ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY ( LECSO)
Projects: 132/13.8 KV and 110/13.8 KV substations
Team leader of a group of design engineers for technical evaluation of substation design and contractual matter projects at Makkah, Madinah, Tabuk and Taif Regions.
Review contractors submitted General layout drawings, equipment layout drawings, one line diagrams of substations, GIS diagrams, Material Submittals, Schematics and logic drawings of GIS, AC/DC single line diagrams, MV switchgers and Power Transformers dimensional drawings.
Base and detail design of all the equipment of substations installed in the following substations
A) - 110/13.8 KV, Jamoom, Muabdah, Duba, Khobar Ext., Al-Thagher, Al-Bayah, Heraa, Rawabi and Sail Road S/S Projects (Al- Gihaz)
B) - 110/13.8 KV, Bani Malak, Aleyse, Haweyah, Al-Freeda, Ushairah, Rabigh, Eskan and al-Raidah S/S Projects (ABB)
C) - 110/13.8 KV, Al-Fayah, Al-Fardoos and Al-Nakheel S/S Projects of (Al-Musharaiq)
D) - 110/13.8 KV, Eskan Prince Fawaz-1, Eskan Prince Fawaz-2 and Jeddah Air Post-11 S/S Projects of (Bamco)
E) - 110/13 KV, Al-Mahjar, Al-Murjan, Hadda Centre, New Air Port-11
Projects:- 132/13.8 KV and 110/13.8 KV Substation Projects
1)- Preparation & Review of Project Technical Specifications (PTS) including Scope of Work (SOW) and Tender drawings for 132/ 110/ 13.8 kV Substation Projects of National Grid SA.
2)-Technical Evaluation of Tender/Bid documents.
3) - Evaluation of contractor’s submittals in view of the scope of work, standards and contractual conditions. Preparation of comments on Contractor’s/Manufacturer’s material proposals and technical submittals as per PTS, SEC and IEC IEEE International Standards.
4) - Review of Manufacturer’s prequalification documents, Manufacturer’s compliance
5) - Evaluation of project technical proposals,
Detailed designs and calculations submitted by contractors for different projects/contracts.
6) - Updating & Reporting progress of design activities. Conducting design review meetings of various projects with the client & contractor.
- 110/33kV El Eyse & Ushaira S/S (Contractor ABB)
- 110/13.8kV Bani Malik-2, Rabigh-2, Eskan -2 (Contractor ABB)
- 110/13.8kV Tiyam-2, Hindawiyah-2 & Nuzah-2 Substations (Contractor Cogelex)
- 110/13.8kV Bida Substation (Al-Osais)
- Coordinating with SEC’s Design department & Projects department, Contractor and Sub Contractor’s engineering disciplines during various stages of project.
- Training new engineers of SEC who join our team.
Project :- 380/115/13.8 KV S/S Dehran- KSA
1) - Monitor the work of 380/115/ 13.8 KV substation’s electrical installation and testing activities.
2) - supervise the quality control inspections work of contractor as per PTS, standards and SEC specifications.
3) - witness the contractor’s work of testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities to ensure its compliance as per approved plans and procedures.
4) - Review type test reports and routine site tests performed by the subcontractors at site and independent test agencies in approved laboratories. .
5) - Installation and testing of Power cables and low voltage cables / wires are supervised and submit comments / deviations to the contractors for proper rectifications.
6) - Organize, coordinate and conduct walk through inspections of substation work, until all discrepancies are corrected and rectified by the concerned agency.
7) - Prepare daily progress report, and assist the Project Manager in preparing weekly and monthly reports of substation equipment to enhance the
Progress of the project for in time completion..
8)-Attend bi-weekly and monthly meetings with contractor and SEC clients and prepare a report to expedite the project activities.
380 / 115 KV Substation- Dhahran
115 / 13.8 KV Substation- Dhahran
Project:- 380-110/13.8 KV S/S KANDRAH -Jeddah
1. Facilitating and coordinating, as well as tracking, of day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
2. Witness quality control inspections of substation equipment to ensure that the work is initiated according to SEC standards and project specifications.
3. Monitor installation & testing work of (380/110/13.8 KV) substation
4. Witness all the pre-commissioning, commissioning tests of all electrical equipment installed in the subjected substation.
5. Check and review contractor’s IFC and As-built drawings, material submittals, installation and testing procedures, project schedule permits and coordinate with the concerned agencies for getting their approval.
6. Review type test reports and routine site tests performed by the Contractor / subcontractors at site and independent test agencies in approved laboratories. .
7. Installation and testing of Power cables and low voltage cables / wires are supervised and submit comments / deviations to the contractors for proper rectifications.
8 Organize, coordinate and conduct walk through inspections of substation work, until all discrepancies are corrected and rectified by the concerned agency.
9. Prepare daily progress report, and assist the Project Manager in preparing weekly and monthly reports of substation equipment to enhance the
Progress of the project for in time completion
10. Create project status reports for SEC clients.
11. Adopt a proactive approach to identify risks to project success and create and maintain a project risk log; develop effective action plans for resolution as early as possible.
12. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
13)- Assist in punch list clearance
Projects:- 132/11 KV Grid Stations & Transmission Lines
1)- Develop full-scale projects plans and associated communications documents
2- . Review of Manufacturer’s prequalification documents, Manufacturer’s compliance
3- Complete track of site activities and identifying critical points and solve for closure.
4- Attend client / consultants meetings and solve points for closure.
5- Safety coordination with site management.
6- Track the clients invoice according to the work completion and submit for payment.
7- Compliance with procedures and legal management.
8- Assist in punch list clearance.
9- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members i.e. project Manager, site manager, in a timely and clear fashion.
10- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing
11- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
12- Preparation and finalization of supply request / purchase order for all required equipments/ machineries complying with the contract documents.
13- Coordinate with all the suppliers for appropriate delivery of materials keeping the view not to delay project.
14- Keeping a good relationship with the client and to provide a challenging work progress with full satisfaction of client.
15- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
16- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
17- Set and continually manage projects expectations with team members and reporting authority.
18- Track project milestones and deliverables.
19- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to the higher management and clients.
20- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
21-Supervise the work of Installation, testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance of 14 No 132/11 KV substations .Termination & Testing of 132 / 11 KV XLPE Power cables with High voltage test, insulation resistance test etc.
Installation & Fixing of LV Circuit Breakers of different ratings, Disconnect Switches (rating 20 A to 1200 A),
Installation, testing of earthing system network.
Supervise the work of installation of CT, PT, C.B, Power T/F, and D.C Battery & Rectifiers in a grid stations
B.Tech.(hons) 4- years Degree of Electrical Engineering Technology
2) - Registration of “Higher Education commission of Pakistan (HEC)
3) - 3-Years Diploma of (Associate Engineer Electrical) in 1979
4) - Membership of “Institute of Engineers Pakistan in2004”
5) - Membership of “Saudi Council of Engineer Saudi Arabia in 2011”
Management & Technical 06 weeks, AUGUST, 2002
On job training of Engineers and induction course at Faisalabad Engineering Academy
The Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (I.E.E.E)
(AUTHOR of power plant simulation software)
National Testing Services (N.T.S) passed with 73 Percentile marks.
Seminars and Lectures
Safe operation of HV and LV Ckt Breaker.
Performance analysis of fire alarm detectors.
Performance analysis of fire suppression system
Visual inspections of substations
Power factor improvement
Sound knowledge of operating Computer and troubleshoot.
Excellent ability to use Ms Office (Ms Word, Ms PowerPoint, Excel)
Complete knowledge of using internet
I can understand and communicate in
Local languages of Pakistan
Date of Birth: October 14, 1959
Father’s name: Shakoor Muhammad
Driving license valid Saudi Arabian