Mark R. McCoy
**** ****** **. #*, *******, Montana 59718
IT professional with unique blend of technical ability and excellent communication skills. Demonstrated expertise in establishing a “climate of trust” with clients while utilizing technical knowledge and skills to accurately assess client needs and provide “hands-on,” effective solutions. Consistently selected to train staff in technology and communications. A dependable, hard-working, results-oriented person with a BS in Computer Science majoring in Business Information Systems.
Proficient: Java, C++, SQL, ASP, SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Apache, IIS
Completed: MySQL Developer Level I
Finishing: MySQL Developer Level II
RightNow Technologies, Bozeman, MT 6/05 - present
Tier 2 Technical Support
Assist customers in software related issues.
• Praised by customers for resolving issues quickly and efficiently and having and in-depth knowledge of databases, web servers and operating systems.
• Trained Professional Services teams in preparation for on-site visits through class room style instruction in the matter of installing CRM software in multiple environments.
• Served in project mangement roles on larger projects for many customers and went the extra mile to make the customer satisfied by ensuring all critical function points were complete.
CompUSA, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri 2003-2005
Sold computers and software packages to individuals and business owners.
• Awarded Top Salesperson of the Month (December ’03) within 3 months of employment, surpassing all other team sales staff.
• Selected to train new potential sales associates in sales techniques including needs analysis,
problem resolution and how to create a non-pressured,” comfortable, customer environment.
• Increased sales with computer-savvy business owners by utilizing software development knowledge to recommend specific hardware components for their respective businesses.
Mark R. McCoy Page 2
Printer’s Express Company, Hartford City, Indiana 2002 - 2003
Java Developer - Software Development Project
Developed Java-based software interface which replaced cumbersome, time-consuming manual system.
• Significantly increased employee productivity and accuracy by developing an interface which calculates customer orders eliminating a 12-step manual process. Implemented “black box”
testing to insure system validity.
• Elevated level of customer service and provided cross-selling opportunities by expanding the system to allow for full tracking and immediate customer portfolio availability.
Reinsurance Group of America, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri 1997- 2001
PL/SQL Application Developer - Systems Internship (6/2001 – 8/2001)
Implemented PL/SQL forms enabling Administration Department to access new client information creating instant record retrieval.
• Modified existing forms to allow web access of client records resulting in timely data retrieval for global subsidiaries.
• Cooperated in team effort to update legacy software for database interactivity providing dynamic file lookups.
Reinsurance Group of America, Inc. (cont’d.)
Account Representative (1997 – 2000)
Entered, tracked, monitored, and communicated incoming blocks of new business data to various staff contributing to business plan implementation.
• Managed and distributed monthly reports (Microsoft Excel spreadsheets) to Accounting Department to evaluate each associate’s revenue generation and productivity.
• Processed new business data within pre-established deadlines enabling Risk Department to assess potential customers for insurance coverage.
• Trained and coached new associates in system utilization.
B.S. Computer Science, Taylor University, Upland, Indiana May 2003
Concentration: Business Information Systems