John D. Cummins
Conover, NC ****3
Objective: To obtain a rewarding position that will challenge and utilize my abilities.
Faulkner University, Huntsville, Alabama
BS in Management of Human Resources completed Sept. 2009
Northeast State Junior College, Rainsville, Alabama
Completed coursework in Business Administration and General Studies.
Shift Supervisor, Commscope, Claremont, NC Jan. 2008- Dec. 2008
Scheduling Supervisor, Commscope, Claremont, NC Jan. 2007-Dec. 2007
Shift Supervisor, CommScope, Scottsboro, AL Jan. 1997-Dec. 2006
• Extensive computer skills including: Microsoft Office, JD Edwards, AS400, KRONOS, and SAP.
• Monitors all facets of the manufacturing and packaging process as well as the quality of the products from the raw materials to the finish goods product.
• Monitors the plant floor for any potential safety or hazardous conditions, and takes immediate action to correct them.
• Responsible for activities within warehousing area: these responsibilities include ensuring that merchandise is placed securely within racks, performing audits ensuring that merchandise to place in correct locations. Working with employees to ensure that safety practices and devices are being used. Direct employees and issue work assignments.
• Directs and evaluates all manufacturing teams’ members on a daily basis.
• Sponsor seven teams on shift. Ensures that meetings are productive, conducted in a professional manner, and that the results are communicated accordingly.
• Developed and implemented the current program the plant uses to tracked manufacturing and shift efficiencies.
• Works periodically with the engineering group on cost savings projects as well as safety-related projects.
• Monitors shift, cell, and individual efficiencies daily.
• Oversees and gives direction to the packaging lead person as well as works closely with scheduling operations to see that customer demands are meet in a timely manner.
• Performs reviews on the hourly employees.
• Administers disciplinary action on the shift.
• Tracks absenteeism on the shift.
• Monitors computerized Kronos time-keeping system.
• Assists in activities such as company picnics, Christmas parties, etc.
• Prepares reports, spreadsheets as needed.
• Mentors employees to reach their full potential to advance within the company.
Master Operator (Primary), CommScope, Scottsboro, AL Aug. 1996-Jan. 1997
• Responsible for developing the initial training programs for the primary operations in Scottsboro.
Manufacturing Team Member, CommScope, Scottsboro, AL Oct. 1995-Aug. 1996
Military Service, United States Marine Corps. Jun. 1981-Jun. 1985.
Assignments included Embassy duty and Security at the Naval Communications Station in Panama, and Military Police duty in San Diego. Awarded the Good Conduct Medal and Honorable Discharge. All promotions were Meritoriously Awarded