Williamsville, NY 14221 Cell: 716-***-****
Seasoned Marketing Manager with proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly competitive environment. Extensive experience in the areas of sales promotion, media advertising, brand development and events management. Superior communication skills and creative judgment. An organized and effective project manager skilled at seeing the big picture and identifying tasks to facilitate on-time and cost effective completion. A strong leader who supports team members in achieving personal and professional goals.
HSBC, Buffalo, N.Y. Sept. 2007 – June 2008
First Vice President, Customer Development Manager
• Managed the development and execution of marketing campaigns designed to deepen share of wallet of the existing retail customer portfolio and generate $10M in revenue annually.
• Managed relationships with marketing agencies, MasterCard and third party affiliates in developing value-added programs to enhance the customer experience.
• Administered annual marketing budget of $3M
M&T Bank Corporation, Buffalo, N.Y._______________ March 1992 – Sept. 2007
Vice President, Regional Marketing Manager Oct. 2000 – Sept. 2007
• Managed the development and implementation of product, service and promotional campaigns in support of the retail banking division. Results included:
o 500% increase in consumer loan application volume
o $10 increase in household contribution year over year through checking cross-sell initiative
o 13% increase in new Business Banking accounts
• Developed sales programs to assist branches in meeting product goals, increase presence in the community and promote goodwill.
• Achieved administrative expense saves of $1M through the successful completion of operational efficiency initiatives related to overtime pay, salary planning and capital expenditures.
• Managed annual Branch Manager Conference for 1,400 employees, including all logistical arrangements, development of breakout sessions, contracting with guest speakers and acquisition of sponsors. Also responsible for the management of all retail bank sales events, workshops and Regional and Area Sales Manager meetings.
• Managed sales and marketing initiatives in support of bank acquisitions, contributing to the retention of 90% of the acquired customer base.
• Administered annual marketing budget of $3M.
Senior Retail Marketing Administrator March 1992 - Oct 2000
• Managed the development and implementation of effective multi-media advertising campaigns in support of consumer deposit, loan and investment business units, as well as bankwide branding efforts. Campaigns included television, radio, print, outdoor and alternative media. Resulted in:
o $330 million in incremental CD balances
o Two times normal booked volume of home equity lines
CHRISTOPHER MARRA PAGE 2
• Oversaw the design, layout, budget and implementation of the branch merchandising system for the bank’s 750 branches as tied to the bank’s delivery plan, interior and exterior branch design and brand image. Negotiated plans and pricing with 3rd party vendors resulting in $1 million in expense reductions.
• Managed and negotiated sports marketing initiatives that added value while reducing expenses.
Goldome, Buffalo, N. Y. May 1985- March 1992
Customer Communications Manager
• Managed the development and implementation of marketing communication initiatives in support of retail bank branches. Included multi-media product and promotional campaigns, direct marketing initiatives, as well as sales plans.
MS, Communication, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1987
BS, Communication, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1984