JONESBORO, GA 30236
Astute, results-oriented, seasoned professional, seeking an opportunity that will utilize my education and work experience with an exceptional ability to work under high pressure, solid management acumen, independent, yet able to effectively collaborate in team environments, extremely focused to achieve in a creative, competitive, fast paced working environment.
Economic Development ● Community Development ● Contract Management ● Grant Management ● Budget Management ● Business Development ● Team Building ● Strategic Management● Program Management ● Marketing Management ● Project Management● Business Retention & Attraction.
2006-2007 Department of Community Affairs, Economic Development Program Manager, Atlanta, Georgia
• Managed the day to day operations of three economic development grant incentive programs resulting in generating in $70 million in tax revenue and creating 1000 jobs.
• Spearheaded several economic development projects within the business community through new business development, community outreach and aggressive negotiating.
• Analyzed financial records, credit reports and prepare grant applications and grant recommendations.
• Monitored $400 million budget expenditures/disbursements in accordance with project goals/grant procedures and guidelines.
• Prepared all legal documents such as contracts, cooperative endeavors, grant agreements, agendas, amendments and ordinances for all economic development projects.
2004-2005, PMT Consultants, Office Program Manager, Equal Business Opportunity Outreach Program & Transportation Capital Improvement Program, Atlanta, Georgia
• Managed the day to day operations of two construction programs by providing all quarterly status reports, Pre-Construction and Construction presentations as well as RFP, RFQ, Pre-Bids, Pre-Awards and Post Awards.
• Prepared bid or quote specification, prepare RFP’s & submit/receive bid proposals to meet established capital budgets, schedules & expand new supply sources.
• Managed contract activities from solicitation, execution and negotiated price terms and conditions for County contracts, review approve contract modifications,renewals and extensions, drafted proposals and oversaw solicitation for service requisitions.
• Directed the planning and conducting of seminars and training programs to instruct the minority business community in contracting practices and procedures, created marketing strategies to promote the EBO program through collaborative partnerships, media outlets.
1995-2002, City of New Orleans, Mayor’s Division of Economic Development,
Deputy Director, Economic Development Fund, New Orleans, Louisiana
• Managed the day to day operations of the Economic Development Fund by promoting economic initiatives, marketing strategies, establishing partnerships with high level industry leaders and non-profit agencies to promote economic development.
• Identified economic clusters industries, business mix/ target industries to recruit and expand business opportunities in distressed communities.
• Allocated resources for economic development produce all budgets, forecasts, marketing collateral, and business development strategies.
• Facilitated business retention and attraction by recruiting efforts and capacity building.
• Provided technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation, summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of grant funds requests.
Southern University at New Orleans, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Microsoft Word ● Microsoft Excel ● Microsoft PowerPoint ● Microsoft Outlook ● Word Perfect ● Corel Presentation ● Adobe ● Prolog ● Corel Draw ● Oracle ● Grant Management System.