Over *years of SAP experience which includes more than 5 yrs of Technical expertise in SAP BI (NetWeaver 2004s) / BW & 2years of ABAP.
• Experience in new features of SAP NetWeaver 2004s(BI7.0).
• Experience in all phases of BW applications using ASAP methodology.
• Well versed with Data warehousing Workbench of BI7.0.
• Experience in translating functional requirements into technical requirements of BI 7.0.
• Experience in all facets of SAP BI including data acquisition, transformation, loading, data modeling and performance tuning.
• Experience in designing of DSO as well as InfoCubes according to requirement.
• Experience in ETL process, Transformation Rules, Routines and Data Transfer Process (DTP).
• Clear understanding in core SAP cross functional area (SD,MM,IM,HR,FI-CO).
• Good knowledge in extending the Business Content based on requirements.
• Experience in loading (Full /Delta Up-Load) and Monitoring of data.
• Experience in Data Mart and Open Hub service.
• Involved in the data extraction of LO-Cockpit.
• Troubleshooting update routines and user exits utilizing SAP ABAP.
• Experience in writing Start Routine and End Routine using SAP ABAP.
• Experience in Scheduling of Process Chains.
• Experience in Design and Development of Queries, Reports using new BEx Query Designer.
• Experience in Design and Development of Queries using Structures, Variables, Exceptions, and Conditions.
• Designing and implementing performance tuning methods using Aggregates, Compression, Roll-up, and Query Performance.
• Experience working with Filtering via drag-and-drop in BEx Analyzer.
• Worked extensively with design mode in BEx Analyzer.
• Designed applications using BEx Web Application Designer.
• Experience in creating new Web Templates in BEx WAD.
• Generated portal links for the reports made through BEx WAD (Web application designer)
• Developed flexible queries using filters, navigational attributes in BEx to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way to give granularity to the information.
• Designed formatted reports using New BEx Report Designer.
• Experience in executing Web reports in BEx Web analyzer.
• Experience in BEx Information Broadcasting & Portal Integration.
• Experience in generating in iviews.
• Experience in executing iviews in Portal.
ERP : SAP BI 7.0, 3.5, 3.1C, ECC5.0,ECC6.0, SAP ABAP,Portal.
Languages : C, C++, SQL, and PL/SQL.
Databases : Oracle 7.x/8.x/9i/10g, SQLServer7.0/2000, IBM DB2 v7.2, MS Access
Operating Systems : Linux 6.x/7.x/9.x, UNIX, Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP/VISTA.
United Illuminating Company, CT Sep’07 – Jun’08
SAP BI Consultant
The United Illuminating Company, headquartered in New Haven, CT, is an investor-owned regional distribution utility that provides electricity and energy-related services to more than 320,000 customers in the Greater New Haven and Greater Bridgeport areas. UI was incorporated under the laws of the state in 1899.
This is an upgradation project, and it involves upgrading SAP BW 3.5 version to SAP BI 7.0 to leverage new features and functionality that simplify administration for IT and also enhance its value as an analytical tool for end users.
• Performed functional migration of BW3.5 to SAP Netweaver2004s.
• Implemented new concepts and technologies that are available in the Data Warehousing Workbench for process design and modeling data.
• Created Data Transfer Process (DTP) to transfer data within BI from one persistent object to another object.
• Performed migration of emulated data source.
• Generated Transformations from Transfer rules and update rules in the process of Migration of data flow from 3.5 to 7.0.
• Implemented Start and End routines within Transformations.
• Enhanced Infocube with remodeling concept to make changes, without having to reload data.
• Used Direct Update DSO in the process of APD (Analysis Process Designer).
• Near real-time reporting.
• Generated Queries using new BEx Query Designer.
• Designed new applications using new Templates in BEx WAD.
• Worked extensively with new BEx Analyzer.
• Worked with BEx Report Designer to create formatted reports.
• Executed Adhoc query analysis using Web Analyzer.
• Launched BEx Report to the Web and generated PDF file.
• Experienced in using BEx Information Broadcasting to distribute the right information to the right people at the right time.
• Experience working with New Integrated planning module.
• Executed iviews in Portal.
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, SAP BI 7.0, Oracle10g, ABAP (OO), BEx, SD,MM
Ditan Corporation, CA Aug’06 – Aug’07
SAP BW/BI Consultant
Ditan Corporation is a leading Retail Distribution Services provider specializing in direct-to-store distribution of time-sensitive products. They have huge customer base and it includes manufacturers, publishers, major retail chains and distributors.
The main objective of this project is to upgrade to BI 7.0 (Business Intelligence) from BW3.5 to facilitate collaboration across organizational functions within the supplier/retailer relationship. Implementing BI 7.0 helps to improve cost savings and gives competitive advantages. .
• Involved in Data Modeling, Data Extraction, Data Loading (Full/Delta Upload), Scheduling, Monitoring.
• Used Write-Optimized DSO (Data Store Object) to load data into BI system .
• Installed the necessary objects for Business Content Sales Cube.
• Extracted data from SD, MM and FI/CO modules of SAP R/3 and from flat files into SAP BI system using Generic Business Content and LO Extractors.
• Loaded sales data into Cube (0SD_C03) using the following extractors:
2LIS_13_VDITM, 2LIS_13_VDHDR, 2LIS_12_VCHDR, 2LIS_12_VCITM, 2LIS_11_VAHDR, 2LIS_11_VAITM.
• Used Delta Update process for loading the data to BI from R/3 in specific intervals.
• Worked extensively on Repartitioning of infocube.
• Used Real time Data Acquisition DTP(RDA) to load data from PSA
• Worked extensively on BEx Query Designer to create Queries on DSO, Info Cubes, Multi Providers and published Web Reports.
• Created queries using variables restricted key figures, filters, exceptions, conditions and free characteristics
• Worked with Report to Report Interface (RRI) to drill down from Info Cube to ODS item and schedule line level information.
• Involved in optimizing the queries and created reports using BEx Analyzer and Web Application Designer to develop Web Reports..
• Involved in performance enhancement features such as cube Reclustering, indexing, maintaining aggregates and compression.
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, SAP BI 7.0, ECC 6.0, ABAP, BEx, SD, MM and FI-CO.
Kennametal Inc, Latrobe, PA Sep’05 – Jul’06
SAP BW Consultant
Kennametal Inc. is a leading global supplier of tooling, engineered components and advanced materials that are consumed in production processes. Around the world, Kennametal's metal cutting tools are first or second in market share in every market they serve. It has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania. Kennametal was founded in 1938 and today is represented in more than 60 countries.
Kennametal Inc. has their physical data stored in SAP R/3 system and they want this data to be loaded in SAP BW for the Top Management to effectively analyze and take business critical decisions. I was involved in the implementation of SAP BW using ASAP methodology.
• Implemented heavily customized MM-IM (Inventory Management) solution during project while supporting SD (Orders, Billing, and Deliveries), PP, and custom solutions for Affinity Forecasting and Product Availability.
• Install and customize Purchasing Business Content (2LIS_02_SCL) and create custom ODS objects, infocubes and multiproviders.
• Install and customize Inventory Management custom cubes and ODS objects as per customer requirements. Customization included matching current Oracle database implementation with non-SAP standardized method of calculating worldwide standard inventory valuation.
• Create custom Start Routines, update rules and Transfer Rules using ABAP for Open Order POS, HR Headcount Data (0HR_PA_0), and Inventory Management. Routines look up data in info objects, modify values, and add additional non-standard fields to datasets.
• Develop and Implement BW Security Strategy in BW 3.5.
• Support training of BW team and end users.
• Activate and load R/3 MM data for Inventory Management (2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_BF, 2LIS_03_UM), Inventory Controlling Data (2LIS_04_P_MATNR, 2LIS_04_P_ARBPL, and 2LIS_04_P_COMP), Sales Order Header data (2LIS_11_VAITM) and General Ledger Line Item data (0FI_GL_4).
• Turn on, customize and setup LO Cockpit for Purchasing and Inventory Management, help direct SD and PP teams in their configuration and setup.
• Develop Functional and Technical Specifications and help team create manageable, understandable, and usable documents. Create Support Documents to help manage the architecture after Go-Live.
• Create queries and workbooks to display finished product in a management presentable format.
• Create Process Chains with messaging to indicate whether the chain completed successfully or not.
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7, BW 3.5, SD, FI/CO, MM,IM, HR.
Johnson & Johnson, NJ Jan’05 – Aug’05
SAP BW Consultant
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 230 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 116,000 men and women in 57 countries and sell products throughout the world.
I worked as a team member for a complete SAP BW (Business Information Warehouse) implementation for integrating and consolidation data from FI/CO, SD, MM modules into SAP BW system. Worked on data modeling, designing, data extraction and reporting.
• Worked extensively on Administrator workbench (AWB), modified transfer structures& update rules.
• Involved in maintaining Info Cubes, ODS, Info Objects, Multi Cubes, Info Sources and Data Sources,
• Scheduled and monitored the data loads from OLTP systems and Flat files.
• Created Process chain to automate Dataloads.
• Peformance Tunning: Created Aggregates, Compression, Indexes and Multi Cubes for performance and efficient utilization of data.
• Modified Exisiting BEx Reports .
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7, BW 3.5, SD, FI/CO, CRM, MM, HR.
Intelligroup Asia Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad Jan’04 – Dec’04
SAP BW Consultant
Project name: Coke Global,Atlanta
Coke is World-renowned Company having its presence almost in all the countries across the World. The company is has deployed SAP Globally in order to improve the Business Processes, effectively manage performance, and enhance both sales and service to its customers and its relationships with suppliers.
SAP BIW is utilized to know the updated figures related to Production, Sales, Accounts, inventory etc at a particular point of time so as to take the decisions accordingly.
• Creation of Process Chains for the entire Daily / Weekly Loads as and when required.
• Developing / Enhancing the structure from time to time as per the clients requirement & creating the transports of the same.
• Checking daily Production run as we are also providing Production Support.
• Cross Verifying the Daily data load as per the checklist for ensuring the proper data upload in BW.
• Checking the daily time schedule for the run & ensuring that the jobs are finished within the specified time frame.
• Interacting with the clients from time to time to discuss the open issues.
• Changes to the existing Reports & Creation of new Reports as per Clients requirements.
• Creation of Vantives (Tickets) at the time of load failures & assigning it to the concerned user group.
• Also sorting out the problem if the problem is related to BW.
• Informing Clients about the Success / Failure of the loads as soon as the activity is finished.
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C,SAP BW 3.0B, Windows 2000,Oracle8i
TVS MOTORS LTD, INDIA Feb’03 – Dec’03
SAP BW Consultant
TVS Motor Company Limited is the third largest two-wheeler manufacturer in India and amongst the top ten in the world. The company has been in the forefront in the Indian two wheeler market right from the launch of the first moped on Indian roads .
The project is to develop the Info cubes as per the requirements and creating new data targets by creating interfaces at BW and SAP R/3 level. Extracting the data from SAP R/3 to BW using Generic extractors.
• Created Transfer rules, Info packages and Update rules.
• Uploaded master and transactional data from flat files and R/3.
• Extensively worked on LIS including customizing & performing necessary procedures.
• Used ODS to stage the data before transferring the ODS contents to the Info cube.
• Involved in creation of reports using BEX Analyzer such that the execution time is evenly distributed throughout the report by using Free Characteristics, Restricted Key Figures, Calculated Key Figures, Variables, and Structures Exceptions.
• Created info Packages and populated info Cubes with initialization and delta loads at predefined scheduled time settings.
• Used full update methods depending on the requirement.
• Created navigational attributes for certain characteristics for a better drill down option during querying
• Monitoring of Info packages and analyzing the reasons for frequent failures of Info packages.
• Maintaining Work History for all the tickets until it is closed down
Environment: SAP BW , SAP R/3 , MM, SD, PP.
Core Competency Center Nov’ 01 – Jan’ 03
Arvind Mills Ltd, Ahmedabad,India
The Arvind Mills was set up with the pioneering effort of the Lalbhai brothers in 1931. With the best of technology and business acumen, Arvind has become a true Indian multinational, having chosen to invest strategically, where demand has been high and quality required has been superlative. Arvind Mills has set the pace for changing global customer demands for textiles and has focused its attention on select core products
The shirting division located at Ahmedabad has a turnover of Rs 500 crores with 2500 employees and Yarn division has a turn over of Rs 100 crores employing 100 personnel. AML is implementing SAP to streamline its Business Processes, mainly related to PP, SD, QM and MM and to integrate its manufacturing units with head office and the regional sale Offices at different locations. The development involves conversions, inbound and outbound BDC programs, Reports and SAP Scripts.
An inbound BDC, to upload the customer payments, customer credit memo’s, customer invoices, material wise vendor purchase information records from legacy data file to SAP.
An interactive report to display the Bill of Material (BOM) explosion by retail units and to display the sales status of each product and also the list of inactive products for each month of given year.
A report to display customer allowances given for each category of material customer wise. Also to print the allowances summary report that has to be sent to customer.
Daily shipping statue report to display quantity shipped, quantity released but not shipped, during the current month and during the current business day, and orders pending to be shipped in the current month for each shipping location.
Environment : SAP R/3,ABAP/4 and Windows NT
Grauer & Weil India Ltd,India Sep’ 2000 - Oct ’01 R/3 support Consultant
Grauer and Weil India Ltd an ISO-9002 company is basically a Chemical and Manufacturing industry existing in the market for over five decades. A market leader in manufacturing of metal coating with a turnover of around Rs.200 crores.
• Implementation of SAP R/3 with Growel Softech as their Implementation Partner.
• Transaction for Carrying out new pricing for the Materials in the Sales Order.
• BDC’s for all the Master Data including transfer of Opening Bal and excise data.
• Transaction for Displaying Vendor Batch Number to the Quality department using Transaction QE51.
• Enhancement to Sales Order.
• User Exits for Goods Receipt For Purchase Order, Process Order Creation.
• Modified the Transaction MB5B (Stock On Posting Date).
• Clear Sales Order from Down Payments.
• Programs for printing Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Delivery Challan, Performa Invoice Bank &Cash Voucher and bill of exchange.
Environment : SAP R/3 , Oracle 8.0 and Windows-2000.
Bachelor Of Engineering (hons) in Electrical & Electronics from BITS, Pilani, India.