Chano D. Groce
Houston, Texas 77062
I am a highly organized, loyal and dedicated individual with a strong ambition to succeed in any given environment or task. I have extensive experience in the Chemical Processing industry, I love to learn, and am always up to a challenge whatever the situation. I work efficiently on my own as well as with others. I am seeking a position where I can develop and excel while giving my best to an employer.
Texas Molecular, LLC, Lead Operator (Feb. 2005 - Nov. 23, 2009)
• Experienced in working with DCS systems such as: Bailey, Rosemont, & Fischer-Porter.
• Possess experience with process units and related equipment such as Thin Film Evaporators, Distillation columns, Reactors (glass lined and stainless steel), Hot oil heaters, Vacuum systems, Air compressors, Motors, etc.
• Trained in HAZMAT, HAZCOM, and HAZWOPER environmental protocols. Certified as an Industrial Fire Fighter by Texas A&M, First Responder trained and DOT training.
All-Phase Home Improvements, Owner (Feb. 2002 – Feb. 2005)
• Responsible for all phases of home repairs according to contract.
Akzo-Nobel Corp., Chemical Operator (March 2001 – Feb. 2002)
• Responsible for monitoring a reactor process of aluminum alkyl’s, loaded and blended finished products into transport vessels.
Exxon Mobil Corp., Research Technician (June 1998 – Nov. 2000)
• Worked in pilot plant synthesizing small-scale batches of ethylene and propylene polymers in series reactors, continuous flow process, operating with a DCS system. Analyzed process samples using proper ASTM standards in a unit lab.
Saybolt Inc., Petroleum Inspector (Sept. 1995 – June 1998)
• Responsible for daily cargo inspections of ships and barges to and from terminals.
2004 – Present San Jacinto College Pasadena, TX
Environmental Science-degree pending
1989 – 1991 Community College of Southern Nevada Las Vegas, NV
1982 – 1986 Southern Nevada Vo-Tech Center Henderson, NV
• Confined Space Certification, CPR Certification, Certified as an Industrial Fire Fighter by Texas A&M Fire School and Class 5 Forklift Safety Certified, DOT Certified and Emergency Responder by Garner Company.
• Experienced in chemical laboratory processes; knowledgeable in ASTM methodology such as: KF water, wet chemistry, some atomic absorption spectrophotometer, FT-IR, automatic kinematics viscometer, pH, and dry box based tests.
• Skilled in MS computer software [MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint]
Personal and Professional References Available