To obtain an engineering position where I can utilize my skills and knowledge that I achieved from my educations and previous work experiences.
* Interacted successfully with customers for technical and marketing aspects while working for SIEMENS & FUJIFILM equipments. Strong Verbal, Written and Communication skills.
* Applied knowledge for medical equipments according to FDA, MR Safety, ICH/GCP guidelines and IRB standards.
* Knowledge and ability of signal processing, PACS systems. Developing Matlab, C/C++ programs; up-gradation of UNIX scripts for post processing of MRI and MRS research studies according to newly developed protocols.
* Applied knowledge of Minitab, DOE Design, DMAIC strategy; Green Belt Certification in Six Sigma.
* Operating Systems and Databases: Windows 95/98/2000/XP, DOS, Macintosh, Linux
* Language/software: Basic, C/C++, Matlab, IDL, Cadence, CAD, PRO E, File Maker, Stateview, MS office, CAD
* Research Software: 3DiCSI, LCModel, DTI Studio, SPM-5, MRIcro, Stateview, MEDX, JIM, LabView
* Hardware: Microprocessor and Microcontroller Programming
Research Assistant, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Inc., Boston, MA July 2008-Present
A teaching Affiliated to Harvard Medical School
Project: The project consists of implementing a module in C++ to perform group registration of medical images. A prototype exists in matlab and I am implementing the algorithm in C++, using the Insight Toolkit(ITK) library and Visualization Toolkit(VTK) so that the module can be incorporated into Slicer (www.slicer.org), an open source platform for medical image analysis.
Biomedical Engineer, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Detroit, MI Oct 2006 –June 2006
* Installing and setting up technical and test medical equipment and testing different software to be used by research facility and conducting Failure Mode Effects and Analysis [FMEA] for new products.
* Assisting in the designing/developing, collecting, reconstruction, calibration analysis, segmentation, processing/quantification and interpretation of Neuro imaging data of MRI, MRS, fMRI, DTI studies used for Neurological and Psychological Disorders (Schizophrenia, Bipolar and ADHD and Clinical Research).
* Development of Matlab code for MRI and MRS research studies, Signal analysis of MRS data and data modeling through curve fitting toolbox.
* Involved in the preparation of abstract and manuscript submissions as well as grant applications.
* Perform statistical analysis for collection, interpretation of the data present/interpret the result to the research staff.
* Used GE, Siemens and Philips scanners, gradients and coils for different imaging parameters and PACS to store and retrieve the images.
Research Project:- Quantification of 31P Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) signals of in vivo human brain
* Developed MRS protocol for phantom and human studies to find TR and T1 times.
* Established the correction factor by MRS signal analysis for the quantification of 31P-MRS metabolites like PCr, ATPs, GPE, GDE etc. Code is written into MATLAB and integrated with existing UNIX scripts used for the fitting part of MRS post -processing. Writing is in the process for submission of Manuscript.
Customer Support Engineer, K.S. Biomed Services, Ahmedabad, India Aug 2005 - July 2006
* Supervised the execution of site planning, Directed Installation, provided technical training and Maintenance of SIEMENS & FUJIFILM Medical Imaging Instruments. (X-Ray, Digital Radiography & Fluoroscopy) Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI of Siemens and Computed Radiography-CR system of Fuji film).
* Conducted marketing, servicing, troubleshooting and provided technical support on phone.
* Installed equipments in networks and resolved network problems as well.
* Successfully handled breakdown maintenance calls and attended regular preventive maintenance calls.
Biomedical Engineer-Intern, Medilink international, Division of X-ray, India Jan 2005 - Apr 2005
* Assisted the work of electronics engineer for testing & Calibration of assembled machines.
* Learned assembling, trouble shooting, quality checking of various models of X-ray machine and rules, regulations, necessary documentation and protocol related to medical devices.
Clinical Engineer- Intern, Sterling Hospital, India July 2004 - Nov 2004
* Learned the real time application of Biomedical Instruments in all the departments like Cardiology, Radiology, Pathology, Neurology etcetera & Hospital Management and assisted the work of Biomedical Engineer for doing Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Hospital Instruments and searching high technology instruments.
* Wayne State University, Detroit, MI Aug 2006-Aug 2008
Master of Science – Biomedical Engineering GPA: 3.55
* C.U. Shah College of Engineering and Technology, Saurashtra University, India July 2001- July 2005
Bachelors of Engineering - Biomedical and Instrumentation Engineering GPA: 3.7
Certified for Technical Course on Understanding Functional Aspects (QA, GMP, Validation, Packaging, Labeling) of Medical Device Industry.
* Image Registration: Developed and implemented code in Matlab. Any two images can be superimposed for better diagnostic purpose of human body. For example-overlapping of CT and MRI images of the same area gives soft tissue as well as born contrast.
* Drug Eluting Stent: Designing, Clinical tests-trials, regulatory process for getting approval from FDA (proposal for course).
* ECG simulator using microcontroller
Microcontroller was used to generate definite bit pattern after a predefined delay and this bit pattern was converted in an analog form and then after displayed as a continuous waveform.
The Bit patterns were determined from the data taken from actual ECG signal.
* Analog Circuit Design: Simulated Oscillator, OpAmp and Second Order Universal Filter circuits using PSpice to obtain the right sizing and fabricated them using Cadence Virtuoso XL in LINUX OS.
Working on the design and simulation of a 4bit R-2R and 7bit current mode converter. The chip will be sent to MOSIS for fabrication.
Manual and Auto Routing is done and LVS and DRC checks are employed to verify the same.
* Digital IC tester, Analog to Digital converter & Digital to Analog converter.
* “Evidence of Regional Alterations in the Neurodevelopment of ADHD Children: A Preliminary Cortical Surface Analysis of Structural MRI Data”, ACNP 2007 & SOBP 2008
* “Regional Brain Alterations in Children with Prenatal Alcohol Exposure: A Preliminary 3D Multi-Voxel 31P Spectroscopy Study at 4 Tesla”, Submitted in ISMRM 2008.
Unrestricted Work Authorization in USA