Scott E. Rogers
Wadesboro, NC 28170 **.*.*.******@*****.*** 704-***-****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Served 20 years in the U.S. military with 18 years of electronic operations/maintenance and 12 years of IT experience.
• Proven expertise in supporting and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Efficient in meeting deadlines, managing projects, and prioritizing tasks.
• Strong knowledge in system administration and support in Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT, XP and 2000
• Symantec Ghost 10.0 proficient
• Secret Clearance
Porter Techical 11/2007– 08/2008 Patuxent River, MD
Mission Planning Specialist / Management Analyst
• Perform training sortie mission planning, using the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS), to develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of the programs detailed plans, goals and objectives.
• Prepare test mission flight packages including electronic route of flight navigation charts and the loading, verifying and validating of mission parameters.
• Create and maintain navigation charts required for operations in military training routes and operating test ranges
• Conduct mission planning software and hardware testing on route and weapons planning
• Analyze mission data collected, prepare reports of findings and submit proposed plans to the program manager.
• Maintain configuration control of JMPS planning software.
• Capture test data using analytical systems expertise, document findings and make recommendations on findings.
• Inform program manager of mission planning software (UPC) load and configuration for JMPS system.
• Provide recommendations for specific configurations to maximize mission effectiveness.
• Analyzing findings and make recommendations on substantive operating programs.
• conduct detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes (production standards,workloads, etc.)
• develop manuals and directives covering the administrative aspects of field operations
Side Scan Operator 2/2005-8/2007 Sicily, Italy
• Served as a Side Scan Sonar supervisor as well as operated all hydrographic survey software for the Marine Sonic, Klein 5500, and Klein 3000 side scan sonar systems
• Maintained all electrical and electronic equipment onboard the ASD craft, including radar sets, radios, winches, and generators without outside assistance
• Directly supervised a total of 25 hydrographic patrols on a small craft with a 3 man crew, identifying over 300 objects including 3 inert mines
• As a Work Center Supervisor, managed the maintenance scheduling, materials and supplies for 2 boats, 3 side scan sonar systems and their associated equipment (Outboard motors, winches, generators, etc.)
Help desk supervisor 8/2001 – 02/2007 Goose Creek, SC / Sigonella, Sicily
• Supervised a 500 computer windows network and was an administrator for a 300 computer Novell learning network at the Naval Nuclear Power School in Goose Creek, SC
• While serving as a helpdesk supervisor, took on the average of 200 calls per day and was able to solve approximately 85% to 90% of computer issues.
• Worked flawlessly with Navy/Marine Corps Internet (NMCI) personnel during network migration which allowed for a smoother transition to the NMCI system.
• Effectively troubleshot and identified hardware/software problems, and repaired well over 5000 computers in a 3 year period
• Performed proactive maintenance to minimize downtime at the system level
• Made recommendations for future enhancements and upgrades of NMCI network
• Conducted software installations and continuing support for software installed.
• Developed a knowledge base to leverage problem resolutions for repetitive support issues, and provided self-service assistance to end users
• Performed and monitored computer backups
• Monitored and troubleshot disk space and system performance
• Reviewed system logs for potential problems or issues
• Performed routine activities, such as installing updates/patches and server reboots/refresh.
• Organized computer files and directories
• Reviewed virus protection and ensured up to date virus definitions
• Reviewed and recommended software upgrades, such as Veritas, Symantec and Norton
• Added, removed and changed user accounts, including executing security protocols
• Executed account password changes both locally and remotely
• Documented all administration activities
• Developed and administered Group Policies in Active Directory
• Developed system administrative procedures and schedules
• Conducted Symantec GHOSTing operations
• Made upgrades to firmware, operating systems, and applications as well as troubleshooting network and printer issues
Operations Specialist 8/1987 - 8/2007 Various Locations
• Served as a Watch Center Supervisor on board 4 different naval vessels
• Qualified Combat Systems Training Team (CSTT) member and helped train key personnel by evaluating and critiquing various training evolutions
• Accomplished Travel / Schools coordinator handling 300+ travel arrangements, school and hotel reservations, as well as transportation requirements of individuals, all while keeping within the commands quarterly budget
• Have over 300 aircraft control hours with various types of military aircraft to include P-3’s, A-6 and F-16’s
• Expert radar operator/radar set controller with literally thousands of logged contact hours, both surface and air
• Highly Trained Repair Technician, maintained the good repair of fan coil units, blowers and radar sets, also very familiar with electronic and electrical tag-out procedures
• Served as a Supply parts person on 2 separate occasions managing budgets ranging from $30, 000 per quarter to $300,000 per quarter for supplies and up to $1.2 million per quarter for repair parts
Routers, switches, modems, desktops, servers, motherboards, printers and scanners.
Microsoft windows 95,98,W2K, NT,XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Access, Oracle, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Symantec Ghost 10.0, Windows Server, Norton A/V, and NERO 8, Symantec Firewall Protection