Cathell Jamaal Tipps
To pursue an opportunity for full time employment and to enrich my knowledge and fulfill my skills needed for the desired position. Also to provide great team leadership for the work environment so that ultimately success is achieved.
Lancaster High School 1994 - 1997
Prairie View A&M University 1998-2001
Completed 104 College Level Hours towards B.A. in Business Marketing
Dallas Independent School District (DISD)
Substitute Teacher 05/2008-“
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Converse with: parents, guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
• Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs.
• Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
• Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine student strengths and areas of needs.
Call Center Customer Service 11/2007-04/2008
• Handle outbound calls for our members at Wellcare Health Plans.
• We gave detailed information to our members about their plans, premiums, and offer additional plans.
• We have to make sure that all information is updated we customers request changes and also inform customers of any changes that may have taken place with their plans.
Capital One Auto Finance (Apple one Agency)
Mailroom Clerk 07/2006 - 04/2007
• Work in the mailroom where we received incoming payments from customers, we are in charge of handling all mail sent to Capital One and sending the mail to the correct department for processing.
• Other duties include balancing checks to make sure no checks were misplaced, use 10 key to tally check amounts, file customer payments, and many other related tasks.
Wal - Mart
ICS/ Sales Associate 08/2004 - 09/2005
• Started as inventory control specialist where I was in charge of making sure all items in the store were stocked and on the shelves.
• After promotion to ICS team leader I worked over in the sporting goods department a sales associate. In sporting goods I was in charge of customer sales and assistance.
• In addition I was in charge of selling Shotguns and rifles which required me to perform a background check on all customers purchasing any firearm.
• Also I was to issue hunting and fishing licenses, check car batteries, and mix paint for customers as well.
Ross Dress for Less
Sales Associate 11/2003 - 07/2004
• Worked in different departments of the store including; men's wear, bed and bath, and home fashions.
• I also worked as a cashier and a customer service cashier, where I was to check out customers and do refunds and exchanges.
• Excellent customer service was always required for Ross customers.
Cathell Tipps JR. Father Southwestern Bell Telephone (214) - 808 - 3275
Lynn Hawley Friend Dallas Morning News (214) - 415 - 9373
Anicia Rhynes Mentor DISD (214) - 926 - 1419
Relevant Course Work
Accounting Marketing Management Economics
C++ DC Circuits Personal Finance Public Finance
Computer Systems Legal Environment International Marketing Business Math
Experience and Skills
• Fax Documents
• Use Office Printers
• 10 Key - Microsoft Word
• Computer savvy
• Power Point
• Skip Trace
• Customer Service
• Process/Schedule Work Orders
• Ordering and shipping
• Data Entry
• Appointment Setting