Senior Executive/Program Manager with extensive experience in Program Management of software and software/hardware engineering products and services.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Successfully led complex software and software/hardware projects from $300,000 to $3,000,000.
• P&L responsibility for businesses/projects generating more than $22 Million in revenue.
• Created and brought 6 products from concept to market.
• Led five small businesses in the $1-5 Million dollar range, two as corporate subsidiaries.
• Expert and comfortable with project conception, management, reporting and budgeting.
PRESIDENT AND OWNER June 1996 to Present
JNR ASSOCIATES Rockville, MD
• Consulting Program Manager for international Web/Java software development project
• As owner, lead JNR Marketing, Sales, Finance, Project Management and Technical Guidance.
• Created and brought to market the Windows .Net C# IConvert XML document conversion software product.
• Partnered with Raytheon to win US Army $1,300,000 IConvert services project, served as Program Manager, completed project
on-time on-budget with full customer acceptance.
• Supported Sikorsky Comanche Helicopter Oracle Maintenance Information Database for 6 years.
• Established EDO Corp. partnership to create, implement and market EDO funded Telelogistics, a large scale web accessed
repository storing large volumes of on-line information. Won and led three year $2,000,000 Air Force bi-coastal staffed
project following with two year $3,000,000 Air Force project.
• Recruited, retained and motivated highly experienced professionals.
• Profitably sold IConvert, JNR’s main product, in 2007, and refocused towards personal consulting.
PRESIDENT December 1990 to September 1995
LCTI, INC. Gaithersburg, MD
• Formed in 1990 by a group of experienced software engineers and managers to develop and distribute high quality computer
• Led and brought to market the development of LEXSYS, a suite of Windows based automatic test programming tools that became
the leading product in its industry at the time of its release.
• Sold LCTI to Comarco Corporation in August, 1994.
PRESIDENT and EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT April, 1987 to December, 1990
LEXICO ENTERPRISES Gaithersburg, MD
• Recruited by the Board of Directors to resolve financial and management issues of a troubled firm with overwhelming debt and
poor customer relationships.
• Through a series of restructurings and asset sales, recovered much of the debt.
• Sold remaining assets in December, 1990, recovering senior debt, and successfully ceased business operations.
VARIOUS POSITIONS October, 1967 to April 1987
COMSAT CORPORATION Washington, DC
• Vice President General Manager, Satellite Terminal Products subsidiary, which eventually grew to $30,000,000 annual
revenue. Conceived project for first truly lightweight INMARSAT terminal.
• General Manager, Compact Software subsidiary, developing and selling advanced microwave design software. Brought
SuperCompact to market, PC based version of the VAX based software.
• Created restructuring plan for $100,000,000 Comsat consulting division.
• Developed business model that resulted in restructuring of Comsat Direct Broadcast Television Division.
• Driving force behind movement of laboratory model Echo Canceller to commercial production.
• Deputy Program Manager for $3,000,000 three year project to develop, qualify and integrate space qualified satellite
• Led manufacturing of a $15,000,000 satellite communications terminal suite.
• Director of Manufacturing, Comsat Laboratories. $5,000,000 annual budget, 5 departments, 150 employees.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PROGRAM FOR MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT
HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL Cambridge, MA
MASTER OF ENGINEERING ADMINISTRATION
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY Washington, DC
Area of Study: Engineering Administration
Thesis: Program Management
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
CARNEGIE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Pittsburgh, PA
Area of Study: Electrical Engineering
TRAINING/ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
• University of Virginia, Executive Management Program, Charlottesville, VA.
• Senior Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
• Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
• Member AUTOTESTCON Committee, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010