Nationality - Indian
DOB—**rd December 1974
Valid C1/ D Visa—20th November 2012
Greater Kailash Part –2
New Delhi –110048—India
Telephone Number +91-11-292*****/29216209
1998 –2008(Employed with Princess Cruise Lines - All Appraisals are available for review giving a detailed idea of the job descriptions/ responsibilities/ performances)
Princess Cruises—24305 Town Center Drive, Santa Clarita, CA91355, USA
1998-Junior Bar Steward
1999– Asst Bartender/ Bartender– These are supervisory positions to manage a lounge/lounges and staff working under my supervision.
1999 November-Junior Asst Food and Beverage Manager
2000 March-2002 August—Asst Food and Beverage Manager
2002 August– 2005 January—Food and Beverage Manager
2005 January-2008 (current/present position with Princess Cruise lines) - First Purser Food and Beverage OR Food and Beverage Director. Have worked and been responsible for the entire F&B department in the following ships/ vessels—3x times on the Grand Princess, Pacific Sky/ Tahitian Princess/ Pacific Star and Coral Princess. Most of the ships with Princess Cruises that I have been responsible for as Food & Beverage Director are - 2800 passenger capacity ships, 1200 crew, Grand Class vessels are one of the largest cruise ships in the world. As F&B Director / First Purser Food & Beverage on the Grand Princess, 520 F&B staff reported to my-self. Princess vessels have two to three main dining rooms, Steakhouse, Italian specialty restaurant, Pizzeria, Hamburger Grill, Ice cream parlor, 24 hour Room Service, Horizon Court Buffet, Bistro, Special Services, Weddings, Private Parties and functions, 14 main Lounge Bars.
Other Assignments/ Job’s done for Princess Cruise Lines
• Auditing – Audited Star Cruises for Princess Cruise lines – ( All Hotel and F&B Operations)
• Closing of Vessels – Was responsible to close the F&B Department the following two vessels. (Pacific Star/ Pacific Sky). Princess Cruise / P&O Australia had sold the vessels to another Company (Pullmantur). I was fully responsible as the F&B Director on-board to hand over the F&B department as per Company requirements to the buying Company. Both the vessels were closed to perfection and well Appreciated by Princess and Pullmantur.
• In charge as F&B Director on the Coral Princess to change the entire Menus. This was a very challenging assignment, which involved changing the entire menus from ordering/receiving/ production/ presentation / recipes/ china/ training etc for the entire F&B department. The menus were changed with complete success. (See Final Appraisal as FPFB OR F&B director on the Coral Princess)
Basic Job Description as F&B Director
• Customer Focus/ Passenger Relations.
• USPH—United States Public Health
• Cost Cutting
• Entire Administration requirements for F&B department.
• Initiative to recommend product, service and admin improvements
• Active support on Revenue areas. Responsible for over million dollars revenue a month
• Food and Beverage Requisitions. Inventory Management. Contingency Management and Logistics.
• Leadership, Motivation, Organization, Monitoring, Training, Communication in all aspects of F&B operations in coordination with the Exec Chef, Maître D Hotel, Provision Master , Food and Beverage Managers and Asst Food and Beverage Managers.
• Responsible for complying with Company’s requirements for Safety Policies with in the department
• Responsible for complying with Company’s requirements for Environmental Policies with in the department
• Responsible for complying with Company’s requirements for Norovirus procedures with in the department
• CRUISE Program - Company ‘s monthly Internal program focusing on Courteous , Respect ,Unfailing in Service & Excellence. Crew are rewarded Employee of the month, Participate in Service Suggestions, Cruise News, Princess U Training program. Program focuses on developing the crew.
• Responsible to ensure Company’s new Projects/ Initiatives / Policies and Procedures / Implementations are successfully in place well with in the time bound.
• Ensure full attention to details within the operation, maintenance and fabric of vessel.
Development Courses attended in Princess Cruises
• Certificate of completion of Princess Cruises Bar Staff Training Course.
• Certificate of completion of Princess Cruises Asst -Bar Staff Training Course.
• Certificate of completion of Princess Cruises ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate Examination. (Sanitation Course for Public Health)
• Three Certificate of completion of Princess Cruises Environmental Training
• Certificate of completion on PSCRB—Proficiency in Survival craft & Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats.
• Seven Certificates of completion from Marine Hotel Association ( Johnson & Wales University ) Courses attended—Coaching your team, Interpersonal communication 101/ 102, Leading your team, Self management, Understanding management.
• Cornell University Ithaca N.Y—Hotel School of Administration– Professional Development Program– Leadership and motivation—Lecturer Robert Perry.
• Certificate of completion of Princess Cruises Manual handling awareness training
• Two Certificate of completion of Princess Cruises Fulton marine International for Pest Management.
• Certificate of Completion in – Training in Passenger Safety on Passenger Ships.
1997—1998 (May) - New Delhi Hilton - Assistant Manager Food & Beverage—Managing 28th Grill—an exclusive / high priced Grill cuisine restaurant.
1995-1996– Marriott Hotels & Resorts-Copley Square, 110 Huntington Avenue Boston M.A., USA. A 1400 room convention Hotel.
• Completed Marriott Hotels & Resorts A.I.P.T. Training Exchange Program for 18 months in the Food and Beverage Department.
• Achieved Head Bartenders position for Gourmelis, hotels main dining room and the second busiest restaurant in the Marriott Corporation.
• Certificate of Completion in Training in Intervention Procedures by Server of alcohol.
• Certificate of Completion in Marriott’s New Hire Training program.
• Certificate of Completion in Marriott’s 3– month orientation process
• Certificate of Completion in Marriott’s up-selling seminar.
• Certificate of Completion for Food and wine Paring Course.
Hotel Ermitage—Grand Hotel des Diablerets—Switzerland. Two Internships done in this Ski Resort Hotel in Food and Beverage. Department.
• ICHA ( International College of Hospitality Administration Brig Switzerland)
April’97, Attended management course’s for Hospitality Civil Law, Intercultural skills, Economics, Sales & Marketing, English and Mathematics.
• Hotel Consult Institute Hotelier “Cesar Ritz” Le Bouveret Switzerland.
May, 1993-1995—Diploma in Hotel Management & Food and Beverage operations.
• Train The Trainer—Institute Hotelier “Cesar Ritz” Le Bouveret
• City and Guilds of London Institute for Food and Beverage Service
• Certificate of Merit for completing MS– Office, MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
• Good Knowledge of word and excel and other similar software
• Work with e-mails/ Internet/ lotus notes for official use on daily basis.
• Worked daily with various Company computer programs like ( E-tec/ Crunch-time/ Bluvista/ ERO/Various other programs)
• Traveled all over the world and worked / supervised or managed over 50 different nationalities together.
• Hindi-Mother tongue
• English-Highly proficient
Mr Giacomo Manfredi
Passenger Services Director Princess Cruises (General Manager)
I have worked with Mr. Manfredi for last nine years on and off various Princess ships – (Review Appraisals/ References)
Appraisals, Certificates, Numerous Reference Letters are available for your review.