Address: *** **** **** ******, *** York, NY • Phone: 646-***-**** • Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stefan-sousa-5b93916 Studio manager with over 25 years of experience in advertising art direction, direct marketing, non-profit fundraising, digital asset management, photography, and audio production. WORK EXPERIENCE
APHOTOIS1000WORDS.COM, New York, NY June 2019 - Present Owner / Photographer
• Capture images of candid human moments, wildlife, and create abstract imagery. Equipment: Nikon D810 full-frame DSLR
• Photo shoots include the iRise Northern Roots pond hockey charity classic, with NHL players. The iRise Above Foundation is an organization dedicated to supporting young women diagnosed with breast cancer.
• Edit photos in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, and update keywords in metadata for efficient image retrieval process
• Archive image catalogs and collections on Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Cloud-based servers WORTH LINEN ASSOCIATES, INC., New York, NY May 2004 - June 2019 Senior Art Director / Studio Manager / Digital Asset Manager (DAM) WLA, Inc. is a consulting and marketing agency for book/music clubs, magazine publishers, e-commerce sites, and charities.
• Developed the concepts and designed the direct mail, package inserts, newspaper inserts, and email campaigns for United Service Organizations, Inc. (USO), a nonprofit with an annual budget of $30 million. Grew the USO’s individual fundraising net margin by 300% – from $10.1 Million in 2005 to $31.0 Million in 2016
• Developed campaigns for other accounts including Muscular Dystrophy Association, Texas Biomedical Research Institute, AARP, and Guthy-Renker
• Designed the USO’s “Moments That Matter” wall calendar campaign which generated $3 million in revenue on an annual basis. As senior editor, improved imagery selection criteria resulting in significant cost savings of $1 million.
• Led the development of an exclusive book named “A Salute” that explained the USO’s mission. This book was delivered to all USO “high value” donors which resulted in an incremental $1M+ in revenues from less than 1% of their active customer file.
• Reorganized and centralized over 40,000 photos, logos, and other assets using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Bridge
• Supervised and trained all freelance designers
• As studio manager, resolved Mac IT issues by troubleshooting hardware & software; performed daily archiving
• Worked directly with the CEO on a daily basis and collaborated with senior leadership SUSAN BENNIS/WARREN EDWARDS, New York, NY May 2003 - May 2004 Digital Asset Specialist (Creative Assets) / Senior Art Director Warren Edwards has been a high fashion shoe designer since 1972.
• Streamlined the digital asset system workflow for all creative media migrating from the photo/design team
• Uploaded, tagged, and organized media; redesigned and updated website using the content management system (CMS) CLINE DAVIS & MANN, New York, NY Dec 2002 - May 2003 Production Artist
CDM is a healthcare marketing agency promoting Pfizer’s Lipitor and Viagra brands.
• Updated the print advertising and legal documents of Lipitor and Viagra which required great attention to detail BERTELSMANN MUSIC GROUP, New York, NY Aug 1995 - Dec 2002 Senior Art Director
BMG was one of the top five major record labels in the world.
• Designed direct mail, front-end print advertising, and package inserts to increase new member acquisition and re-enroll former members in BMG’s music club (annual budget: $35 million) EDUCATION
BBA Marketing/Advertising – Baruch College - New York, NY LANGUAGES and INTERESTS
• Bilingual English/French. French Baccalauréat in economics while living in France.
• French translation and subtitles for the feature film Federal Hill starring Nick Turturro (won the Critics Award at the Deauville Film Festival in France). Contributed the song “Blood”
• Passionate about music, music creation, audio production, engineering, and all audio-related technology. SKILLS
• Adobe Creative Suite • Photography (Nikon D810 full-frame DSLR) • Logic Pro (music production) • Studio management
• Adobe Lightroom • Photo editing, photo manipulation • Exceptional attention to detail • Concept development
• Adobe InDesign • Content management systems (CMS) • Squarespace (web design) • Digital asset management
• Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Bridge • Microsoft Office Suite • Mac OSX expert; IT support