P E R S O N A L S U MMARY
I have graduated from Tarbiat Modares University that
its ECE department is one of the prestigious ones at Iran, which pushed my abilities to the limit and honed my expertise and confidence as an Electric Power Engineer. IEEE Student Member since 2011 to present
Executive Student Committee Member at The First International Conference and 10th National Horticultural Science Congress of Iran
(IrHC2017), 4-7 September 2017, Faculty of Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University (TMU), Tehran, Iran.
Member of Deputy of Research, University of Tehran, May 2018-May 2020
Reviewer for IEEE Transaction On Power System Journal Reviewer for IET, Generation, Transmission & Distribution On Journal M E M B E R O F S C I E N T I F I C
S O C I E T I E S
WORK E X P E R I E N C E
Expert Member for Secretarait Office at Deputy of
2018-2020 University of Tehran
Expert Member for Secretariat Office
May 2019-May 2020 National Flood Special Forces, University of Tehran Research Institute
A C A D E M I C B A C K G R O U N D
Tarbiat Modares University
Master of Science, Electric Power Engineering, 2013-2017 New Jersey Institute of Technology
Master of Science, Electric Power Engineering, 2011- 2013(Thesis left to get defended)
Cornell University as a Guest Student 2012-2013
Islamic Azad University(IAU)-South Tehran Branch
Bachelor of Science, Electric Power Engineering, 2005- 2010
E L E C T R I C P O W E R
E N G I N E E R
A r z a n i
Saadat Abad-After Ketab Square-Asatid Sarv
Complex-Block A2-Level 6-Unit 4,
Postal Code: 199*******
6. Mohsen Arzani 2019. Small Signal Stability Analysis of kundur two area power system in PSAT” Sixth Iranian Congress on Electrical and Computer engineering with an applied perspective on new energies”, June 20, 2019, Khajeh Nasir Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran, Iran.
7. Mohsen Arzani 2019. Modeling and Analyzing
Industrial Loads: A 7-Bus Multi-Machine Case Study” 5th National Conference On Electrical and Mechatronics Engineering”, November 20, 2019, Khajeh Nasir Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran, Iran.
8. Mohsen Arzani 2019. An Overview of Existing
Approaches to Load Research in Distribution Systems of the Electricity Industry, 3th National Conference On Electrical and Computer Engineering”, November 1, 2019, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran, Iran.
Advanced Electric Machines (Tarbiat Modares University) Advanced Microprocessor Systems (NJIT)
Electric Distribution Systems (Tarbiat Modares University) Energy Management (Tarbiat Modares University)
Materials for Sustainable Energy Systems (Cornell University) Modern Control Theory (Tarbiat Modares University) Power Electronics (NJIT)
Power System Dynamic and Stability (Tarbiat Modares University) Power System Operation and Control (Tarbiat Modares University) Power System Relaying and Protection (NJIT)
Power System Restructuring and Economics (Tarbiat Modares University)
Power System Steady- State Analysis (NJIT)
Power System Transients (NJIT)
Renewable Energy (NJIT)
Seminar (Generation Expansion Planning in Restructured Electricity Markets)-(Tarbiat Modares University)
R E S E A R C H I N T E R E S T S
Micro Grid Stability, Operation and Control
Power System Operation and Control (Stability,
Dynamics & Reliability)
Power System Planning (Generation, Transmission
Integration, Control and Implementation of
Intermittent Renewable Energy Resources to Large
Scale Power System
S Y M P O S I U M A N D
C O N F E R E N C E P U B L I C A T I O N S
1. Mohsen Arzani, Asghar Alahverdizadeh and Kazem
Arzani 2011. The position of electric energy consumption in the greenhouse industry of Iran: The importance of using sustainable green sources of energy. Oral
presentation at International Conference & Exhibition on Soilless Culture (ICESC-2010), 8-13 March, 2010,
2. Mohsen Arzani and Hossein Seifi 2016. Introduction to generation expansion planning in restructured markets. Oral Presentation at the 5th International Emerging Trends in Energy Conservation (ETEC 2016), 22-24 February, Tehran, Iran (Congress CD Page 1-11).
3. Kazem Arzani, Mahmoud Reza Roozban, Mahdi Ayyari Noushabadi, Mohsen Arzani,Masoumeh Karbasi, Saadat Sarikhani Khorami and Sedigheh Shokri 2017. Book of Abstracts. The First International Horticultural Science Conference of Iran (IrHC2017). Published by Secretariat Office of the First International and Xth. National Horticultural Science Congress of Iran (IrHC2017), Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran. 295 pages.
4. Mohsen Arzani 2018. Frequency Stabilization of WECC with Droop Control and Demand Response. Presentation at “5th International conference Electrical Engineering and Computer with emphasis on native knowledge” 08
February, Allameh Tabatabai University University, Tehran, Iran.
5. Mohsen Arzani 2019. Electric Energy Consumption in the greenhouse Industry Of Iran: the importance of using the alternative Energy resources and the new available LED lighting system “2nd International Eco Energy
Conference”, 25 March, Tehran, Iran.
H O B B I E S A N D
I N T E R E S T S
Internet Surfing, Listening Music, Cycling &
Swimming and Reading Extracurricular Books
R E F E R E N C E S
Prof. Hossein Siefi, Department of Electrical Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University Tehran (TMU), Tehran, Iran.
Prof. Mohsen Parsa Moghadam, Head Of Department of Electrical Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University(TMU), Tehran, Iran. Electrical Egineering: Matlab Simulink,
PSCAD, Digsilient, Power World Simulator,
PSSE, PSpice, MATLAB, Autocad Electrical
,familiar with PROTEUS.
Programming: C, MATLAB
Operating Systems & Tools: Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, and Visio).
Graduate MSc student at NJIT, USA 2011 to
TOEFL iBT Score: 80, December 12, 2010
Reading 24, Listening 17, Speaking 18,
Tarbiat Modares University English Test a
part of entrance exam for new PhD
candidates October, 2009 (Score: 69 / out of
100). Note that the requirement for PhD
candidates is 50.
Iran Language Institute (ILI) English course
completed (12 terms with two days per week
classes), July 2001 to December 2009.
Five years’ experience living overseas (1990
to 1995), and attended primary school in
Palmerston North, New Zealand.
First Language Farsi & Second Language:
English with fluent speaking and good
March 1990 to January 1995 lived in
Tokyo (Japan) and China 1990 (visit).
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1990, 1991, 1992,
Singapore, 1991, 1991, 1992, 1995 and 2010
UAE, 2011 visit
United States, September 2011 to June 2013
Overseas Stay and Visit
Palmerston North, New Zealand and visited cities
such as Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch,
Hamilton, Napier, etc.
1995 and 2010 (visit).
Prof Mohammad Kazem Shiekholeslami, Department of Electrical Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University(TMU), Tehran, Iran. Prof. Sara Nazif, Head of Water Engineering Department, University Of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Prof. Mohammadreza Naghavi, General Director of Research Planning and Supervision Program, Deputy Of Research Department, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
Prof. Petru Petrina, Department of Materials Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Prof. Mengchu Zhou, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA Prof. Mohsen Nasseri, Advisor in Deputy of Research, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran