University of Ibadan-Ajibode Road Ibadan, Oyo State, 200284 +234 806-***-****
A University of Ibadan Masters student studying Mineral Exploration/Geochemistry with experiences in mineral exploration and exploitation in a mining company. Further skills in using geochemical and geophysical analytical techniques for determining the elemental and chemical distribution of minerals gotten from the natural earth environment. Strengths in conducting careful examinations of mining operations, teamwork, teaching, and marketing.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
University of Ibadan Ibadan, Oyo State
Master of Science in Mineral Exploration/Geochemistry Expected date 2020 University of Ibadan Ibadan, Oyo State
Bachelor of Science in Geology Nov 2011 – Dec 2015 Participated in the Training Workshop on University of Ibadan, Oyo State Application of Spectrophotometry in Biological and Biomedical Oct 2019 Research
Participated at the 2nd IMGA Nigeria Conference FUNAAB, Abeokuta, Ogun State Sept 2019
Participated at the 1st IMGA Nigeria Conference University of Ibadan, Oyo State Dec 2018
Participated in the compulsory National Youth Service Apr 2016 – Apr 2017 Attended the Emerging Leaders Conference Lagos State Guardians of the Nation International 2016 Oct 2016 EXPERIENCES
Geochemical Laboratory, University of Ibadan, Oyo State Feb 2020
· Carried out a geochemical evaluation of plants and soil samples from Lagos State to determine the elemental composition in the samples.
Iperindo Mines, Osun State Nov 2019
· Carried out a geological investigation of the gold reserve in the area to estimate the reserve and to determine the environmental impact assessment of the gold mining as well. Page 2
University of Ibadan, Oyo State Oct 2017 – Present
· Researched and extracted on the Banded Iron Formation (BIFs) in Nigeria to locate the different iron formations in Nigeria.
· Analyzed the gold-exploration techniques and the sources of gold in Nigeria to find out the locations of gold deposits in Nigeria.
SJA WEST AFRICA QUARRY, Abeokuta, Ogun State June 2016 – Apr 2017
· Worked as the assistant mining engineer to ensure the safe and efficient development of the quarry by the use of technical and management skills.
Quality Assess and Control Manager
Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, Apr 2016 – June 2016 Abeokuta, Ogun State
· Ensured successful operation of the quarries by assessing the quality of the products gotten from the pit. Mining Geologist
General Endeavour Nigeria Limited Quarry Aug 2013 – Sept 2014 Ondo, Ondo State
· Analyzed and assessed geological data to advise on short-term and long-term mine production plans. Undergraduate Student
University of Ibadan, Oyo State Apr 2015
· Explored the coal reserve in Enugu State, Nigeria, to enumerate the various coal deposits available. PROJECTS
Geochemical Assessment of Essential Sept 2019 - Present and Toxic Elements in Itoikin, Lagos State
· Collected rice, soil, and plant samples from particular farmland at Itoikin, Lagos State.
· Carried out laboratory analysis of the samples to determine their elemental compositions, the soil-to-plant transfer of essential and toxic elements. Laboratory analysis was also used to determine the factors that contributed to the uptake of non-essential and essential elements from the soil into the rice grains and the risk of human exposure to potentially harmful elements through rice consumption.
· Carried out analytical procedures on the samples using Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometer (ICPMS), X-ray diffractor (XRD), SPSS software.
Integration of 3-D Seismic Data and Well Logs in the Dec 2015 Evaluation of “OSE” Field Reservoirs, Onshore Niger Delta
· Acquired, processed, checked, imported, and synthesized the 3-D seismic data to determine the reservoir depth and thickness of the well, to evaluate the production potential of the wells. Page 3
· Good organizational skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good mapping techniques
· Good geochemical/geophysical interpretations
· Flexibility and versatility
· Passion for geochemical exploration and exploitation
· Ability to understand basic structural and engineering principles
· Good team management
· Good leadership skills
· Technical skills such as the use of petrel, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, GIS, and SPSS
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
· Geochemical Assessment of Essential and Toxic Elements project accepted and presented at the 2020 Virtual SEGH conference.
· A member of the International Medical Geologists Association (IMGA) 2018 – Present
· A member of Society for Environmental Geochemistry and Health (SEGH) 2018 – Present
· General Secretary Nigeria Mining and Geosciences (student chapter) 2015 – 2016