firstname.lastname@example.org - 1-516-***-****
Summary: I am a Biology major at Bates College and focus on microbiology. Over my four years at Bates I have completed two capstone experiences and independent studies that allowed me to work closely with CRISPR-cas9 in Zebrafish, NSP4 and Picornavirus replication. Specifically viral proliferation and amplification. I am experienced in PRISM, Excel, Clustal Omega, Finch TV, Primer data bases and Microsoft. I am also a part of the Varsity Track team as well as an Orientation leader for incoming Freshman. Worked as a lifeguard with experience as a swim instructor, helping improve skills and safety techniques. I am CPR, WFA, Lifeguard Certified and Green Dot certified.
Bates College, Lewiston, ME Graduation: May 2020
Bachelor of Arts, Biology Major; Religion and Human Body Concentration Capstone Experience:
Locust Valley High School, Locust Valley, NY: 4.3 GPA, IB diploma candidate, Historical Investigation in History, Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, President of Interact, Forensic, Newspaper Photographer, Athletic Council Secretary. Played on the Varsity Tennis Team (2012-2016), Track and Field Team (2012-2016). Rowed with Sagamore Rowing Association, Danced Competitively with Maryanne’s Dance Studio. SELECTED COURSEWORK
Courses: Virus Replication and Defense, Biology of Cooperation, Calc I, Organismal Biology/Lab, Cellular and Molecular Biology/Lab, Cellular Biochemistry, Cancer Biology, Junior Seminar, Sem&Research Microbiology/Lab, Atomic&Molecular Structure/Lab, Chemical Reactivity/Lab, Organic Chemistry I&II/Lab, Independent study: EMCV protease Mechanism, Experimental Molecular& Developmental Biology/Lab, Psychology Lab Skills: Spectroscopy, pipetting, microscopes, centrifugation, dilutions, PCR, autoclave, Gel electrophoresis, DNA extraction, Column centrifugation
Senior Thesis, Biology: Bates College, Lewiston, ME
- Project studying the structural integrity of Rotavirus protein, NSP4, by external manipulation using detergents on amino acid position 80
- Independent project focusing on the EMCV 3C protease and the affect changing amino acids has on the viral system.
Present- May 2020: Lab Student Bates College Lewiston, ME
- Substituting Amino acids to detect the effect the Amino Acid has in the 3C protease, picornavirus, using Ecoli for proliferation and replication of virus
July 2018- September 2018: Lifeguard Glen Head Country Club Glen Head, NY
- responsible for the swimmers, taught private swim lessons to the members, educated on First AID, CPR safety, chemical checks and cleaning the pool.
April 2018- May 2018: Lab Student Mount Desert Island Biology Laboratory Bar Harbor, ME
- work and learn CRISPR- cas9 in zebrafish, worked on the knockout of a gene responsible for the ventricle dorsal fin formation, Smad5, was given a tour of Jackson Laboratory. June 2017 – August 2017: Lifeguard/ Swim instructor Friends Academy Locust Valley, NY ORGANIZATIONS and EXTRACURRICULAR
- Jan 2020 - Present (1 month) Flute Player Bates College music Lewiston, ME
- Aug 2019 - May 2020 (10 months) Orientation Leader Bates College Outing Club Lewiston, Maine
- took eight first year students to Squam Lake, NH, WOFA certified, Responsible for taking care of the students as well as preparing meals and safety techniques
- Sep 2017 - Present (2 years, 5 months) Sprinter Bates College Varsity Track and Field Lewiston, Maine
- Apr 2017 - May 2020 (3 years, 2 months) lab assistant Bates College Lewiston, Maine
- CRISPR- cas9 in Zebrafish, NSP4 protein in rotavirus, Picornavirus 3C protease