Senior Technical Manager - Cloud Infrastructure Agile SDLC
Greater Chicago area, IL 224-***-**** email@example.com linkedin.com/girisharadhya Strategy-focused and detail-oriented global information technology (IT) leader with 20+ years of diverse experience utilizing technical knowledge and hands-on skills to deliver IT infrastructure & SDLC projects, programs, services and operations within the logistics, insurance, banking, oil & gas, and financial services industries. Committed, dedicated, and passionate with a proven progressive career reflecting strong leadership experience that built and led motivated global teams spanning 3 continents. Highly praised for work ethic, collaboration, problem-solving and communication skills, and successful delivery of projects and processes. CORE COMPETENCIES
● Program Management
● Project Management
● ITIL Change/Release Service Management
● Disaster Recovery Management
● Hybrid (Cloud/On-Prem.) Infrastructure Migration
● Hybrid (Waterfall/Agile) SDLC Delivery Management
● DevOps & CI/CD Delivery Management
● Global IT Operations Management
System Soft Technologies SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER January 2012 – Present Senior Infrastructure Projects & Environment Manager, Hub Group Inc. United States
● Managed $2M+budget and lead infrastructure projects and programs including On-Prem to Azure and OCI Cloud migration.
● Partnered with 19 cross-functional teams to prioritize, manage, and execute business and technology initiatives including the largest project worth $4M.
● Planned and directed infrastructure projects end-to-end involving build, migration, cut-over, and patching activities for technically critical, highly visible business product portfolios worth $150M+.
● Maintained IT security compliance and ensured organization network, information security, and data security across 33 locations and 5K employees.
● Developed and managed test environment stacks for organization, collaborating with product owners and teams to align environment maintenance plans with sprint and product release cycles.
● Enforced Change and Environment management governance in enterprise Cloud transformation initiatives in partnership with Infrastructure, DevOps and Product teams.
● Performed Cost/Benefit analyses for new infrastructure projects, developing strategies to reduce costs by 43%. Senior Infrastructure Projects, Change & Release Manager, Allstate Insurance Inc. United States
● Planned and managed critical projects related to infrastructure upgrades, migrations, and decommissions across 300+Linux virtual servers,24 Windows/VMWare servers, 15+Oracle servers, and 10 SQL DB servers with zero impact to business.
● Directed life cycle management projects including IBM WAS 7.x/8.x, WPS v8.x migrations, and patch upgrades across enterprise portfolios of 60+WAS based products.
● Hired technical team of 6+ and provided mentorship and guidance on projects and streamlined processes to achieve 98% project on-time delivery.
● Maintained compliance with EIS standards and frameworks such as SOX, PCI, and architects-approved guiding principles and policies.
● Streamlined Change and Release policy, processes and guidelines for 10+Waterfall/Agile based products and infrastructures across 4 business groups.
● Anchored 100+ Portfolio Change and Release management activities.
● Led 5+annual planned disaster recovery exercises, each with 10+recoverable units of multiple functional divisions.
● Managed budget and strategically allocated resources to optimize productivity while maintaining 99%reporting accuracy.
Infosys Ltd. SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT November 2003 – January 2012 Change Manager, BP Oil & Gas Inc. United States
● Coordinated end-to-end emergency & quarterly infrastructure releases across 2 global data centers.
● Designed and operationalized change and service management processes, increasing efficiency by 30%.
● Facilitated functional portfolio releases with 99%smooth execution in every monthly release.
● Hired new employees, trained 200+application team members on BMC Remedy v7.5 change management system, and created customized user manuals, resulting in 100% positive feedback from team members. Technical Project Manager Change Management Consultant, Allstate Inc. United States
● Governed Change management stack as part of WebSphere Resiliency program and reduced unplanned and emergency changes by 90%.
● Strategically delegated tasks among process owners to improve Configuration Management System with 85% accuracy to actual configuration data.
● Hired offshore resources to provide support in shift rotation basis, strategizing global delivery model and reducing business outage by 80%.
Environment Coordinator Offshore Project Manager, BP Oil & Gas Inc. United Kingdom
● Managed availability of shared development, QA & UAT environments across 5+business groups.
● Performed in-depth due diligence of as-is project delivery model and strategized on global delivery model approach across 3 continents in coordination with multiple vendor teams.
● Led technical team of 15, managing $300K budget, risks, and escalations without compromising on project schedule and quality adherence.
WebSphere MQ Administrator Onsite Project Manager, Northwestern Mutual Inc. United States
● Directed mean time to recover (MQ MTTR) improvement program across infrastructure groups, resulting in reduced MTTR of 10 minutes.
● Managed onsite-offshore coordination and offshore technical team of 9, tracking tasks & providing SLA reports to the management team.
Middleware Administrator Offshore Project Manager, CapitalOne Inc. United States
● Performed due diligence of existing support services and pioneered onsite-offshore support model, achieving
$150K client cost savings and better employee work-life balance. EARLY CAREER EXPERIENCE
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST, IBM Ltd., India October 2000 – October 2003 TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD, Covansys Ltd., India June 1996 – October 2000 TECHNICAL SKILLS
● Project Management & Collaboration: Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Slack, Confluence, TeamSite, & MS Project.
● Infrastructure:Oracle Cl, Microsoft Azure, & On-Prem.
● Cloud Monitoring:MongoDB Atlas, Solarwinds, Sysdig, WhatsUpGold, & Elastic ELK Stack.
● SDLC Methodologies & Frameworks:DevOps, Kanban, Agile (Scrum/XP), & Waterfall.
● SDLC Automation:Jenkins.
● Security Compliance Standards/Frameworks: PCI, HIPAA, SOX, & ISO/IEC 27001.
● Security Vulnerability monitoring: Security Center & Kenna Security.
● Middleware:IBM WebSphere & Oracle Weblogic.
● Messaging/Integration Middleware:Docker, SOA, & WebSphere MQ.
● Code Repository:GitHub, Maven, MS Visual Source Safe, Merant PVCS, & Rational ClearCase.
● Database:Exadata, MongoDB Atlas, Oracle, MS SQL, & IBM DB2 UDB.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE - Engineering & Computer Science, University of Mysore, India CERTIFICATIONS
Microsoft® Azure Fundamentals 2019
APMG ITIL® v3 Practitioner - Change, Configuration, and Release Management 2010 EXIN ITIL® v3 Foundation 2010
EXIN ITIL® v2 Foundation 2007
ISEB® Certified Green IT Foundation 2011
IBM® Certified for e-business, Solution Technologist 2003 IBM® Certified Specialist, IBM MQ v5.2 Installation, Configuration & Administration 2002 IBM® Certified Systems Expert, Administration for WebSphere Application Server 2002 Sun® Certified Java Programmer 1999
QCERT® Certified Internal Auditor, ISO 9001
IBM Redbook® on WAS & WMQ Integration & Performance Tuning 2002 AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Project Management Institute (PMI) March 2018 – Present VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
● Volunteer,Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) (Non-Profit Organization), 2018 & 2019
● Chairperson,Kannada Language Literature Festival - VKK (Non-Profit Organization), 2018
● Joint Treasurer, Executive Committee,VKK (Non-Profit Organization), 2016
● Executive Member, Charitable Fund Committee,VKK (Non-Profit Organization), 2015 GLOBAL ASSIGNMENTS
● USA –Hub Group(2018-20), Allstate(2010-18), BP Gas (2011),Northwestern Mutual(2006-08), CapitalOne
● UK – BP Oil Ltd. (2009).
● Canada – Stores Online (NetGateWay) Inc. (1999).
● Austria – Management Data GmbH. (1998).
● Belgium – SWIFT s.c. (1998).