Shahla Mohammad Turkistani
Jeddah-Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
I am seeking a senior position in finance to utilize my experience, apply my knowledge, qualifications and skills in accounting and finance. I believe that my experience & skills will help to achieve the organization business targets through my enthusiasm for work, individual commitments, planning ability and the high sense of responsibility.
Area of Expertise
Budgeting, Payable, Receivable, Revenue, Project & Admin expenses, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Vacation & EOSA of Employees, VAT reports and dealing with Tax Authorities. Manage the annual external audit. Education
Bachelor degree in Finance - University of Business & Technology (UBT), College of Business Administration (CBA), CGPA: 4.62 /5, Honor graduate, graduated in June 2011. Other Certificates
• Certificate in IFRS for SME’s, By Managerial & Financial Training Centre - January 2019 .
• Certificate in Advanced Excel Skills, By Managerial & Financial Training Centre - March 2018.
• Certificate in Value Added Tax ( VAT ) -KSA, By Morgan International - December 2017.
• Certificate in Financial Modeling by Excel, By J P Financial & Investment Services (UAE)
– January 2017.
• The International Certificate in IT skills (CIT) validated by University of Cambridge:
• (IT –Windows –Word - Excel –PowerPoint- Databases Access- Outlook) - March 2015
• English Language Program from Saudi American Centre SAC (at CBA), CGPA: A+.
• Courses in Microsoft office (KAAU- King Abdul Aziz University) A+. Experience & Career Summary
Accounting Manager January 2018 – Present
Senior Accountant March – Dec 2017 (10 months)
Alpha Arquitectura, Ingeniería y Servicios AIS Jeddah, KSA
• Managing the day-to-day activities of accounting department.
• Establishing the accounting system of the company including: setting up Smacc system and mapping the chart of account of Alpha.
• Setting up the financial policies and strategies for the company (admin & Project)
• Responsible for the whole accounting cycle (from journal entry to balance sheet).
• Closing the accounting books of 2017, 2018 & 2019.
• Preparation of the financial statements of the company for the years 2017,2018,2019.
• Preparation of VAT reports for 2018,2019 on quarterly basis. And uploading to General Authority of Zakat and Income Tax website.
• Dealing with GAZT auditors and replaying to their queries when needed.
• In charge of conducting the annual external audit entirely.
• Preparing different financial reports for the company: Cash flow, subcontractors control sheet
,monthly Budgeting .
• Reconciling payables and receivable accounts.
• Issuing invoices to the clients
• Verifying, approving and issuing payments to suppliers.
• Verifying advance payments to suppliers and from clients
• Monthly bank reconciliations.
• Processing monthly closing.
• Audit, approve payroll after HR Dep & Process it monthly in the system.
• Petty Cash Management & Procedures.
• Preparing the budgeting of 2018, 2019 & 2020 for the company with CEO
• Forming and managing accounting team.
Finance & Admin Department
Al-Masarat Company for Construction Ltd Jeddah, KSA March 2016 – Feb 2017 ( 1 yr)
• Reviewing of finance accounts: Account Payable & Account Receivable, A/R & A/P.
• Reconciling & Registration (processing) of suppliers invoices, expenses forms & requests for payments.
• Posting daily accounting transactions in the system including: Posting monthly bank statements, Posting Invoices, Posting Collections & Expenses, posting checks etc.
• Monthly bank reconciliations.
• Maintaining spreadsheets of Payment Requests which delivered to finance department daily.
• Preparing the monthly cash position spreadsheets for all banks accounts of the company.
• Assisting the finance manager in preparation of quarterly financial reports.
• Assisting in preparation of audit requirements for the external auditors for the yearly financial statements.
• Assisting the finance manager in preparing reports for: Collections, Costs, and revenues of the company’s projects.
• Auditing & posting Payroll monthly in accounting system .
• Payroll Accountant: Preparation of monthly payroll in coordination with HR department for the last 3 months in the company.
• Coordinating & following up monthly with Sales departments regarding collections and client’s installments.
Finance & Admin Department March 2015 --- Feb 2016 (1yr) Inabensa Saudi Company – Abengoa Group - Haramin Railway Project HHR Jeddah, KSA
• Reviewing of Account Payable A/P .
• Registration (processing) of suppliers invoices, expenses forms & requests for payments.
• Managing the yearly payment forecasts spreadsheet of the company ( methods of payments to the suppliers)
• Maintaining spreadsheets of Promissory notes, Payments by Banks, Cheques confirming payments, etc.
• Using SAP Accounting system transactions including: Posting monthly bank statements, Posting Promissory Notes, Posting PPB bank commissions, Posting Invoices .
• Managing Payment by Promissory Notes to Suppliers in Spain & contacting finance dep in Spain regarding supplier’s invoices & promissory notes .
• Monthly bank & petty cash reconciliations.
• Managing petty cash transactions, Preparation of petty cash for projects & office.
• Preparation of monthly cash salaries for the site’s employees & obtain payment slips by the employees.
• Document controller to maintain the files with all documents received & sent to the company.
• Coordinating between finance department & project managers, procurement department regarding the invoices, petty cash of the projects & salaries of their employees.
• Auditing Payroll after HR department and employees final settlements & end of services litters. Co-op Training October 2010 – March 2011 ( 5 months) SABB “Saudi British Bank ” Jeddah, KSA
• Co-op trainee at different departments for the period of 5 months
(Operations -Human Resources – Corporate Banking –Trade services -Private Banking-Al Tahlia Branch) Freelance Business Sales & Marketing (Fashion & Antiques) Jeddah, KSA 2003 –2006 Projects :
Haramin Railway Project HHR Phase II (2015-2016) – Abengoa -Inabensa S.A Co. Jeddah, KSA Haramin Railway Project HHR Phase II (2018- Present) - Alpha AIS Arabia CO. Jeddah, KSA Al Masarat Tower Project (2016-2017) – Al Masarat Co. Jeddah, KSA Diamond Tower Project (2016-2017) – Al Masarat Co. Jeddah, KSA Burj Alharam 1,2,3 (2016-2017) – Al Masarat Co Makkah, KSA Skills
• Speaking Arabic, English (Fluent), Turkish & Spanish languages (Beginner level)
• SAP -ERP / Oracle / BAAN / SMACC systems user
• Microsoft Office user ( Excel – Word- Power Point – Access -windows)
• Communication Skills
• Time management
• Financial analysis
• Detail Oriented
• Hard-worker and Self-motivated
• Human Recourses
• High interests in Public Relations
• Highly enthusiastic to learn and have a high sense of responsibility.
• Openness to learn new languages and dealing with people from different cultures. Courses & Community Activities
Course Name Year Place
Attending English classes and completing certain Levels(The British Council) 1997 Jeddah, KSA Volunteer at Special Needs Organizations 1998-2000 Jeddah, KSA Volunteer at the career day at CBA 2006 Jeddah, KSA Certificate of completion of Basic Business Etiquette Workshop 2006 Jeddah, KSA Certificate of completion of “I graduate now what? “Workshop 2011 Jeddah, KSA Certificate of completion of “Be a professional brand “Workshop 2011 Jeddah, KSA Certificate of completion of Problem Solving & decision Making Workshop 2010 Jeddah, KSA Team leader in lots of projects required in finance & business courses at CBA
(e.g. Saudi Investment Funds analysis, Corporate Investment Services of Samba Capital, PepsiCo co., Monetary policy & central Banks, BIS Bank) 2006 -2011 Jeddah, KSA
Nationality: Afghanistan / Mother of a Saudi child Accounted as 1 Saudi at Nitaqat & Special Resident at GOSI ( ( إقامة دائمة على كفالة نفسي بمهنة: أم مواطن
** اعامل معاملة السعودية في القطاع الخاص - و محتسبة بسعودي واحد في نطاقات – و مسجلة في التامينات الاجتماعية كوافد خا ص Refrences
Qaiser Rasheed – Senior Accountant @ Indra Arabia Co, Haramin Project / 055******* Manuel Lora Fernandez – Finance Manager @ Inabensa Saudi -2015 / +003********** Antonio Canas Fuentes – Senior Accountant & Finance Manager ‘s Assistant @ Inabensa Saudi -2015
Also Recommendation letters are available upon request.