Abdul Razak Thayyil
System Administrator System Engineer Network Engineer Hardware Engineer Linux Engineer Electronics and Communication Engineer
Experienced IT professional with highly passionate and skilled in networking, Windows systems, Linux system and hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting. Strong information technology professional with a Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Professional Experience
June 2019 – Present. (7 Months)
System Administrator Bahrain Olympic Committee Manama, Bahrain Bahrain Olympic Committee Protect, develop and organize sports movement in the Kingdom of Bahrain under the Olympic Charter by promoting partnerships with relevant authorities. website: www.boc.bh
• Lead an IT team to design, configure and monitor server virtualization using Amazon Web Service
(AWS) utilizing EC2 instance and other services and oversee the performance and health of the platform, and provide emergency on-call support.
• Office 365 administration, Microsoft exchange, Active directory, Skype for business
• Interact with leading IT companies and vendors.
• Windows system administration.
• Linux OS / Unix
• Data Center Operations, Monitoring (NTI Enviromux, PRTG Network Monitor).
• VPN (MPLS) connectivity between HQ and branches, dedicated internet connectivity, Peplink load balancer.
• Administered data/voice networks and workstations for 5 locations with 99% uptime. Provided 24/7 desktop support for 300+ employee workstations and interfaced with other remote Department helpdesk via phone, email and ManageEngine ticketing software.
• Administration of Firewalls (Sophos XG) and wireless controllers (Cisco 2500 series)
• Attendance system (Bio star, Gallagher).
• Managing NAS server, SAN, hypervisors, virtualization, Blade server, Mac Devices.
• Networking and IT hardware installation of new devices, troubleshooting of hardware, Optical networks, cabling, testing, physical replacement of servers, computers, laptops, network device parts, its components, troubleshooting, cabling and configuring of routers Cisco -IOS, switch and e-phones.
• IT Assets inventory management.
June 2016 – June 2019 (3yrs 3 Months)
IT Support Engineer Haseeba Group Manama, Bahrain
• Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to grow meet necessary demands.
• Administration of Systems.
• Technical support, Hardware Maintenance.
• Assist with the installation of new software and help train employees on its use and offer suggestions for upgrades.
June 2014 – May 2016 (1 Year)
System Engineer Suprabhaatham Kozhikode, India
• Manage and monitor all installed systems, infrastructure, data center, application, database and web servers.
• Deployment of high capacity Linux, Windows, storage servers with virtualisation, central data and networking centre.
• Procurement installation and administration of IP Phone, UTM, CTP Machine, UPS, MPLS private line and dedicated Internet connectivity between our offices.
• Configure & install bio-metric access control and network devices.
• New Cisco UCS series rack server installations and Windows, Linux server, Xenserver.
• Cisco Voice, CUCM implementation across all the editions main offices and printing presses.
• Firewalls, attendance management device, MPLS connectivity, new 300+ PC with windows 8. June 2013 – May 2014 (10 Months)
Junior System Engineer IPSR Solutions ltd Kozhikode, India
• Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot district physical and virtual server
• Infrastructure Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot district network-based services: File and Print services, Email, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS.
• Cisco routers, switches configuring and installation, Cisco voice implementation, Cisco unified communication manager
• Work with department leaders implementing new software and hardware technologies reviewing system logs. Building new servers, adding new hardware.
Skills and Expertise
Analytical Management System Administration Network Engineer Cloud Computing Windows Systems Active Directory Amazon Web Service Linux Systems - Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu Cisco Routing and Switching Hardware installation Optical Communication Information Security Management- Firewall Wireless Communications MS Office, Visio Electrical System. Education
College: MEA Engineering College, University of Calicut, Kozhikode, Kerala, India. Degree: Bachelor of Technology Year: 2009-2013 GPA: 6.24/10 Subject: Electronics and Communication Engineering. Certifications
Certification: RHCE (Redhat Certified Engineer) & RHCSA (Redhat Certified System Administrator) License No. 130.200.116.
Microsoft Windows (MCSE 2012) and Linux Servers, RHCVA (Redhat certified virtualisation Architect), CCNA Routing and switching, AWS Solution Architect Associate. Language
1. English Fluent 2. Hindi Fluent 3. Arabic Moderate