DERRICK L. TAYLOR
Dallas, TX *****
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as an System Engineer where I can utilize my education, experience towards the company goals along with building on the foundation of organization
Win 7 - 10, Windows Server 2012 -2016, SCCM 2012, SAP
Cyber Security, Pen Testing, Kali Linux, McAfee EPO Orchestrator, Cisco Meraki
Active Directory, SQL Studio 2014-2017, DNS, DHCP, LANS, WANS, TCP/IP
Network Architect, System Architect, knowledgeable of Azure
VMware VSphere, Workstation.
Technical Consultant Irving, TX
• As a Technical Consultant I solve advanced complex technical problems, develop, provide solutions and procedures for best practice implementations. I set standards, installations guidelines, maintenance and auditing documentation of systems solutions.
• Provide assessments for Server hardware and software needs for user departments to meet application and system requirements. Researches technological solutions and methods of application delivery to satisfy business requirements.
• Coordinates product installations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance
needs for smooth operation of applications. Tests and implements new systems into user departments.
Consults with customers to resolve problems.
•Skilled and working knowledge of SQL server, SAP, Windows Server 2012-2016, VMware vSphere, MMC, Windows Server
Administrative Tools, IIS, ASP.NET Internet routing and related protocols. firewall operation Apache Tom Cat, Web server encryption, DEV Server testing, analyzing logs and data, implementing systems with a focus on scalability and high-availability.
Matheson Tri-Gas 05/2017-09/2019
Information Technology Engineer Irving, TX
• Site head for Matheson Irving, TX location. Oversee Information Technology project, negotiate contracts with vendors and accountable technical assist.
• Utilize Active Directory managing accounts, security Identity, creating accounts, copying accounts, templates, user rights, group policy, creating OU’s, creating computer accounts, password reset, join workstation to domain, trust relationships between two domains, inactive and disabled accounts performed package deployment, security patching, managing VMWARE VSphere client machines, buildout VMWARE workstations.
• Implemented Kofax software application for enhancement use in large-scale areas distribution. Perform server based software application UAT testing, analyzing and modifying new software.
• Manage McAfee EPO Orchestrator 5.9 VSE DAT Deployment, Firewall, System Tree, Agent Deployment, running Queries & Reports, monitoring Server Task Logs.
• UAT with Palo Alto, perform threat hunts, manage wireless network activities using Cisco Meraki, network problem solving,
•Implement Air Watch software on Android OS to regulate end user functionality and corporation security.
Web Filtering whitelisting/blacklisting inbound and outbound web traffic browser proxy configuration, Web Application Penetration Testing (WAPT) SQL Injections, programming access badge for physical building entry, Cisco switches configuration, physical Network Infrastructure, manage subnets with Solar Winds, mapping to network drive, administer administrator rights for end users, configured NTFS
• Assist in disaster recover failover testing, installed and maintain PDU’s for preventative power supply
Sr. Technical Support IT Operations 05/2016-05/2017
•Managed Microsoft facility, assisted in contract bids with vendors cutting cost for projects, ordered technology assets such as switches, routers, laptops, access points (AP’s) etc
• Managed Windows Server 2008/2012, deployed software packages with SCCM 2012, assisted end users through remote desktop
• Utilize Active Directory managing accounts, security Identity, creating accounts, copying accounts, templates, user rights, group policy, creating OU’s, creating computer accounts, password reset, join workstation to domain, trust relationships between two domains, inactive and disabled accounts performed package deployment, security patching,
•Utilized PXE Boot 2.0 for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for virtual classroom buildout, network clustering to enhance the education, training onboarding new engineers using VM Workstation, VMAS and Hyper-V
• Used Wire Shark application, traceroute to analyze network traffic, configured Cisco Virtual Private Network( VPN) application for secure network connectivity
• Provide support for establishing telephony communication via DEMARC/PBX
• Upgrade hardware and software to various technologies such as computer assets, Windows OS, Android OS and Apple OS
• Enabled Bit Locker encryption technology for Windows OS along with retaining copies of recovery keys, administer NTFS Security Descriptors for files and folders
• Assisted in disaster recovery contingency plan by backing up company’s critical server data through ARCSERV software and quarterly network failover testing. Conduct IT standard audits for end users technical assets, accounts are within auditors compliance such as disabled accounts, computers and users are moved to the correct OU after departing from company, procedures to follow due natural disasters or cyber security breach
MTS Tech Irving, TX
• Performed IT support for Verizon Wireless and Wireline end users. Encompassed trouble-shooting end user's reported problems, thoroughly and accurately documenting problem in Vz trouble management tool
• Analyzed and resolved a high percentage of initial customer contact in the areas of PC/LAN, Mainframe, and Windows Client Server (Network Connectivity), utilized Citrix, appropriately routed tickets based on support provided instructions in an accurate and timely manner, problems required on-site support for; software, hardware and/or configuration changes
• Escalated customer problems to Verizon ITHD management and/or support groups utilizing standard escalation model.
• Used Electronic Messaging (Exchange, Lotus Notes, SMTP, Blackberry) Mobile Iron, C2G as well as modified coding on the back of mobile applications resolve revolving issues using mobile apps
• Used Remote Control Technologies (such as VNC, MS Terminal Service, SMS, Marimba and DameWare) to assist remote users resolve technical issues
• Excellent workstation, Laptop, and Macintosh trouble-shooting skills in operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and Macintosh).
• Skilled in network concepts/protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP) Mainframe and distributed processing systems, database concepts.
• Network Configuration
• Perceptual and analytical thinking, excellent time management and follow-up skills.
On The BLVD Self Storage 02/2013-07/2015
IT Technician Nash, TX
Supervise, maintain and address software and hardware issues.
Trouble shooting PC’s, Laptops and mobile devices.
Install applications software on the computer and network system, maintain directory folders, licenses, security rights and printer configurations.
Log software failure or hardware issues and provide computer diagnostics, as well as utilized antivirus.
Udemy San Francisco, CA 07/2017
Network Security 07/2018
Texarkana College Texarkana, TX 12/2014
A.A.S. in Computer Networking
Cisco Network Academy Texarkana, TX 12/2013