University of California, Berkeley
Cognitive Science, B.A.
August 2016 - Fall 2019
design skills: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign,
Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite,
Sketch, Figma, UI/UX Design, Human-Centered De-
sign, Branding, Illustration
http://angelaliudesign.me email@example.com (925) 596 - 3759 linkedin.com/in/angelaliu317 experience
• Designed logos, graphics, illustrations and merchandise for on-campus clients.
• Taught 20+ students an introductory course on Adobe Illustrator at HEX, a design conference at UC Berkeley.
• Worked with a team of nine designers to create branded merchandise for internal use. Berkeley, CA
September 2019 - December 2019
Graphic Design Intern
• Researched key changes in B2B industries due to digitization.
• Collaborated with a team of researchers, writers, and project managers to create internal and external assets for production.
• Designed logos, white papers, infographics, product brochures, and other marketing materials for clients in a variety of industries.
May 2019 - August 2019
LifeGyde (now PlusPlus)
• Conducted market research on competing peer-learning, SaaS platforms for enterprises.
• Collaborated with the company’s product designer and product manager to conduct user research by interviewing UC Berkeley students to gain insights.
• Gathered research findings to ideate key features needed our platform. San Francisco, CA
September 2018 - May 2019
• Work with clients in the non-profit sector to design websites, illustrations, and graphical assets.
• Create wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, high-fidelity prototypes, and mockups of web pages.
• (Clients: HERO Philly Unlimited, Center for Reproductive Rights and Justice) Berkeley, CA
December 2019 - Current
Designed flock, a mobile app that allows for seamless, intuitive scheduling for social events, meetings, and more. I used human-centered design principles for this project and conducted market research, user research, created personas and user stories, thought critically about information architecture, conduct user testing, and created both low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes and mockups.
Center for Reproductive Rights and Justice (CRRJ) angelaliudesign.me/crrj Created graphics and illustrations for the center for reproductive rights justice, an organization at BerkeleyLaw that bridges the academic-legal divide. I collaborated with the organization to ideate and design visual assets to convey the organization’s mission, ideals, and projects.
Five Loaves, Two Fish - HERO Philly Unlimited angelaliudesign.me/hero Gave the organization’s original website a user experience and user accessibility audit. Restructured the organization’s information architecture and content for easier readability. Designed graphics and illustrations for the website. Created wireframes, low-fidelity mockups, and high-fidelity mockups before implementing live changes. brand storyteller &