DAVID J. ANDERSEN
• Dynamic project and facility management professional with 26 years of significant and progressive experience and proven leadership skills.
• Proven track record of successfully steering projects from conception to completion timely and within budget, demonstrated expertise in contract negotiations and management, and proven ability to assume primary role in delivering desired results, a true team leader.
• Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills to foster performance from clients and personnel, ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously and streamline complex work processes for improved performance opportunities.
• Motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and problem solving abilities, and strong work ethic.
Level 5- Superintendent December 2019 to present
Taylor Enterprises - Project Manager/ General Superintendent May - November 2019 MAPP Construction- QA Manager, 2011-12, 2016-2017
QA Manager/ Superintendent –-$28 million expansion at DOW Chemical Plant, Freeport, Texas. $50 million Baton Rouge Magnet High School. $35 million expansion at Cameron CLNG plant in Sulphur, Louisiana,
• Developed, implemented and maintained PTI and QC Programs.
• Developed and maintain owner relationships.
• Trained and managed QC staff.
• Managed punch list for major projects, from development to completion. St. Margaret’s Assisted Living- Consultant and Maintenance contract, 2015-2016 Team leader, responsible for the maintenance of the elevators, Generator, HVAC, Sprinkler and Fire Alarm systems in the buildings
Woodward Design Build- Service Operations Manager, 2012-2015 Operations Manager- Manager of the Service Division of Woodward Design Build Company, this division had up to 3 PMs and 5 Superintendents and 15 laborers.
• Developed and maintain owner, designer, and client relationships.
• Estimate projects, evaluated and managed from initial stages to turnover.
• Scheduling work force, including hiring, staff evaluation and training of staff.
• Manage office staff.
Jacobs- Project Manager, 2008 to 2011
QC/ Project manager for national Program Management Company rebuilding public schools in New Orleans Quality Control Inspector for the VA Hospital/ UMC Projects in New Orleans.
• Developed and maintain owner, designer, and client relationships.
• Effectively manage the change order process so that change orders to the owner and contractor are processed timely.
• Effectively manage the closeout of the assigned projects.
• Collaborated with owners, architects, construction consultants and regulatory agencies for complex, multi- layered private and public construction projects.
• Provide claims resolution with an excellent track record of customer satisfaction
• Effectively manage the correspondence and communication process for assigned projects utilizing memos, pending items, logs and other management tools as necessary. Robins & Morton- Project Manager, 2007-2008
Project manager and superintendent for a national health care facility construction firm with $1 billion annual revenues.
• Achieve all profit, time, quality, and customer satisfaction objectives on assigned projects. Establish profit/ time objectives.
• Create final estimates and budgets for assigned projects.
• Develop subcontractor/vendor agreements. Effectively negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors in a timely manner.
• Manage all key risk management documents including subcontractor bonds and insurance.
• Effectively manage the correspondence and communication process for assigned projects utilizing memos, pending items, logs and other management tools as necessary.
• Effectively manage all material procurement for projects.
• Effectively evaluate and interpret all contract documents.
• Manage subcontractors to effectively complete their contractual obligations.
• Effectively manage the cost reporting and tracking system, and accurately forecast contractor/owner billing process.
• Maintained project quality control.
ACADEMY OF THE SACRED HEART - Director of Facilities, 2001-2007 Serve as facility manager of century-old campus, encompassing over 300,000 square feet of historic buildings and grounds.
• Determine critical needs of facilities and work within established budget to meet stated goals.
• Contribute to facility planning and construction specifications for $13 million campus expansion, consisting of adaptive use of existing buildings on an adjacent site. Oversee all major decisions for ongoing projects.
• Interface with school administration and faculty on a daily basis.
• Account to Board of Trustees for developing buildings and grounds priorities, budget and expenditures.
• Manage engineering, janitorial and maintenance staff, and supervise all contract labor, to include hiring, staff evaluation and training. Evaluate/renegotiate contracts for all out-source contracts on annual basis.
• Maintain all mechanical systems, to include boiler systems, water cooled chiller system, split a/c units, pneumatic air compressor and controls, and arrange for necessary maintenance and repairs.
• Establish standards for, and implement long-term planning for equipment and facilities.
• Develop and manage vehicular fleet and coordinate transportation policies and procedures.
• Evaluate security needs and implement emergency preparedness and crisis management plans. ANDERSEN AND ASSOCIATES, INC. – Senior Project Manager, 1987-2001; 2016-2019 Established and operated a successful commercial construction firm for 14 years with annual revenues of $7 million. Supervised and administered multi-million-dollar construction projects, estimates, estimating, quality control, cost control, safety, progress evaluations, budgets, expenditures, payroll, policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and all project documentation.
• Hospital projects from surgical suites to patient rooms
• Created and initiated marketing efforts to acquire new construction clients and projects, developed competitive bid packages.
• Screened, hired, trained and managed support staff to include project superintendents, subcontractors, suppliers, and administrative staff.
• Negotiated all labor and material contracts to conform within budgetary constraints.
• Responsible for labor and material sequencing to meet target project completion dates, and risk management planning and implementation
• Troubleshooting and resolution of unforeseen labor and material problems. RELATED LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
State of Louisiana - Licensed commercial and residential contractor Parish of Jefferson – Electrical License
LEED Green Associate certification
Past Vice-Chair of the Green School Committee of Southeast Louisiana Past Board Member of the CMAA of the Gulf Coast
Post Tension Inspector Certificate- 2011
Louisiana State University/ UNO - Baton Rouge/ New Orleans, LA Major: Architecture/Business Administration
1976 – 1979