VRAJKUMAR UMESH PATEL
College Station 979-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/vrajpatel2901/ email@example.com EDUCATION
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA Aug 2019 – May 2021 Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, GPA: 3.33/4.00 Courses: Lean Thinking and Manufacturing, Manufacturing Supply Chain Capability Management, Advanced Quality Control, Design Of Experiments, Industrial Case Analysis, Engineering Data Analysis Massachusetts Institute of Technology, edX Online Jan 2020 – March 2021 MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management
Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai, India Aug 2013 – May 2017 Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.62/4.00 Courses: Manufacturing Planning and Control, Industrial Engineering and Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Tableau, Power BI, Minitab, MATLAB, R, Python, My SQL, Microsoft Office, CATIA V5, Microsoft Visio RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
SNC Lavalin Engineering, Mumbai, India Aug 2017 – June 2019 Project Engineer - Piping Material Department
• Performed DMAIC analysis and utilized the Fishbone Diagram to identify root cause to lower man hours utilization of the Piping Material Department by 20%.
• Developed a dashboard in Tableau that was one of the most important deliverables for the client. This dashboard compared and summarized the department wise costs like mechanical equipment, piping components, civil structures, etc. involved in the project.
• Performed purchasing activities in an EPC project like preparing RFQ, RFP and evaluating the bids and selecting the best vendor for Pipes, Valves and Fittings worth $150,000.
• Used Microsoft Excel functions like VLOOKUP, Pivot, Power Pivot etc. to clean the Material Take Off data obtained from the 3D plant software, summarize the size and quantity of Pipes, Valves and Fittings required for the plant. Krishna Foils, Naroda, Gujarat, India May 2016 – Jan 2017 Supply Chain Intern – Flexible Packaging and Aluminum Foil Plant
• Devised Inventory Management System to enable automatic ordering and keep tracking of material by logging data that led to efficient communication and saved time by 25%.
• Conducted center of gravity analysis to narrow down location of $ 2 million warehouse keeping in mind the geographic distribution strategy and cost of shipping. SPCE RACING – Formula Student Racing Team, Mumbai, India Jan 2016 – July 2016 Team Manager (Feb 2016 – July 2016) – SUPRA SAE INDIA 2016
• Managed a team of 25 members to design and manufacture a race car in 7 months and won the Go Green Award for Best Fuel Economy among 170 teams.
• Coordinated with different departments and implemented 8D solving technique to reduce suspension incidents.
• Implemented 5S to transform workshop into cleaner and organized environment resulting in decreased overall tool searching time by 75%.
Design of Lean Kitchen Countertop Manufacturing Plant for VTI Texas Aug 2019 – Dec 2019
• Analyzed the laminated countertops production line using IDEF0 model and value stream map. Identified ways to eliminate the bottleneck in the laminate line using Root Cause Analysis via a Fish Bone diagram using Minitab and shortlisted the defect using Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
• Conducted the Analysis of Alternatives to choose between solutions and came up with the final solution using Cost Benefit Analysis. Used work measurement techniques to find the new process cycle time.
• Successfully eliminated the bottleneck by reducing the WIP inventory by 75%, increased the production rate by 22% and reduced the cycle time by 3.5 seconds.
Analysis of Manufacturing Dataset (Multivariate Regression Analysis) Aug 2019 – Dec 2019
• Reduced the dimension of the data using Principal Component Analysis, progressively eliminated the out of control points using m-EWMA and T2 Chart to get the statistically significant data and the in-control parameters and then performed regression and residual analysis. Design and Development of Automatic Torque Biasing Differential Aug 2016 – May 2017
• Developed parametric CAD model of differential in CATIA V5 and saved 30% of design time.
• Applied Project Network Analysis principles to determine the project timeline and the critical path that helped us to meet the project deadlines.