Contact Address: UK-London
Highly capable and reliable Operations Geologist (Well-Site and Office based), with more than 14 years’ experience in Middle East / North Africa onshore drilling operations. Fluent in English and Arabic. Key career achievements to date have been a central Operational role in building Gulfsands Petroleum’s Syrian operated oil production from zero to 25,000 bopd in just four years, and in operations support for Gulfsand’s three gas discoveries onshore Morocco.
2017-presnt Operation Geologist consultant (Self Employee) o Advise the well site geology teams and mud loggers at the rigs in North Africa and Middle East. 2015-2017 Operations Geologist: GULFSANDS Petroleum PLC GULFSANDS operations geologist at Head Office in London for three gas discoveries wells at LALLA YETOU UPDIP-1, DARDARA SOUTHEAST-1 and DOURA OULED BALKHAIR-1, and three dry wells Al KRIMA-1, BENI FDAL-2, OULAD ZID-1, in onshore Northern Morocco.
2006-2015 Wellsite Geology Supervisor: Gulfsands Petroleum Syria (GPSL) GULFSANDS Wellsite geologist supervisor in onshore Block 26 oil fields (KHURBET EAST, YOUSEFIEH), and also for drilled exploration wells: (Al KHIERAT-1, Al ZAHRAA-1, and WARDIEH 1) in north east of Syria.
2005 – 2006 Field Geologist: GPSL
o Supervisor for 2D Seismic Acquisition, 1500km NE Of Syria o Witnessing 2D Seismic Data Processing
Night Shift Wellsite Geologist in Block 26 north east of Syria. 2001 – 2003 MWD Engineer (Positive Tool)
Summer part-time job BECFIELD, Directional Drilling Service Company, Syria o Set up & Configuration MWD Tools, LWD Logging.
o Prepare and compile the well geological program. o Operations liaison between COO, VP Exploration, Drilling team and wellsite geologists. o Supervise and advise the wellsite geology teams at rigs (CROSCO 401 1500 horse power, CROSCO 501 2500 horse power, and MB3 3000 horse power).
o Provide geological support to decisions around TD and casing points. o Interface with the Drilling Engineer, Rig OCR, and coring contractor for coring operations. o Full wellsite geological formation evaluation
- Full Samples description.
- Oil and gas shows description and evaluation.
- Stratigraphic logs interpretation.
- Preparing and sending daily geological reports.
- Writing and compile the final well site geological report.
- Final mud logs.
- Final composite logs.
- Final drilling parameters logs and D-exponent log.
- Final gas ratio log and its interpretation.
- End of well report.
EDUCATION: 2001 – 2005 Bachelor in Geology & Geophysics, Damascus University, Syria (four year program).
o Supervision and control of the Mud Logging Unit.
- Gas system QC and calibrations (Total gas + Chromatograph).
- Calcimeter calibration.
- Sample description and interpretation (cuttings, sidewall cores and conventionalcores).
- Description and interpretation of both chromatography and fluorescenceshows.
- Sampling for non-programmed geochemical targets, when the cuttings exhibit source rock potential.
- Analysis of the drilling parameters and interpretation of the changes in the weight on bit vs rate of penetration, SPP vs flow rate, RPM vs torque.
- Daily correlation between prognoses and actual results, including the overall interpretation of all previous data.
- Monitor and QC the on line and off line data.
o Witnessing the Wireline Logging
- Perform quality and efficiency controls of the Wireline Logging Operators.
- Quick-look, evaluation and recommendation for the well logs.
- Supervised running of SP, GR, Resistivity, Sonic, Neutron, Density, PEFZ, MDT, VSP, CMR, FMI andothers. o Supervised horizontal, deviated and multilateral wells.
- Witnessing the MWD surveys and Directional Drilling
- Witnessing and make sure that the actual data (Azimuth, X, Y, inclination) is compatible with the plan
- QC and evaluate LWD data (GR, Resistivity)
- Generate TVD LWD data (GR, Resistivity) curves and correlated withwireline. o Coring
- Identify the core point.
- Receive and cut the core chips.
- Core chips description and evaluation.
- Packing the core.
- Preparation of the core report.
Nov.2009 Operation & Well site Geologist: STAG GEOLOGICAL SERVICES LTD, READING, UK Feb.2009 Petrel Reservoir Engineering: Schlumberger, Training Center, Syria Oct.2008 IP (Interactive Petrophysics): Schlumberger, Training Center, Syria Sept.2006 Basic Logging Methods and Formation Evaluation: Schlumberger, Training Center, Pau-France
o Wireline Tools (SP, GR, Resistivity, Sonic, Neutron, Density,MDT) o Geological Interpretation of WL Logs
2001 – 2003 MWD Engineer Training BECFIELD, Directional Drilling Service, Syria Engineering and Geological Software Applications: - QLOG (Wellsite Geological)/ Surfer (Geological Mapping Software)/ Operating System: Windows/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)/ Acrobat, ACDSEE.
o Ian Conway Executive Director, Upstream Research & Consulting IHS Markit firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob: 00-44-788*-*** 504
o Nenad Milosevic Senior Wellsite Geologist