ADAM MELTZER, LEED ®AP BD+C, WELL AP, GRI, TRUE Advisor
C: 323-***-**** E: email@example.com
Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/meltzsearcher A versatile, efficient and reliable resource with over ten years of green building advocacy and sustainability experience. Known for analytical and creative thinking that yields innovative solutions to tough sustainability challenges. A proactive leader skilled in enlisting the support of all stakeholders aligning with project and organizational goals.
Ambient Energy April 2018-Present
Sustainability Consultant/Project Manager
● 3rd Party Sustainable Certifications project manager for various industries such as higher education, transportation, commercial and government.
● Some clients include: DEN airport, CU Boulder, Colorado State University, Colorado Department of Agriculture, City of Denver, Los Angeles Metro, United States Air Force and Army Green Building Services/RWDI 2015- 2017
Sustainability Consultant/Project Manager
● Developed the LEED Volume v4 projects for Nike Factory Stores, North America.
● Managed 70+ Nike and Converse North American retail store LEED v3 certifications. Additional clients included VF Brands (Vans) and lululemon.
● Added value to existing process by tracking sustainability metrics and conducting comprehensive analysis of baseline systems.
● Executed webinar presentations on topics including USGBC Sites certification and lighting for third party certifications.
Arts: Earth Partnership (AEP) 2011- 2015
Environmental Programs Director
● Oversaw all daily operations, including: assessor audits, creating policies and systems, member relations and outreach, marketing, website management, social networking, graphic design, event planning, grant writing, fundraising and public speaking.
● Conducted and coordinated on-site sustainability assessments for the City of Los Angeles and Santa Monica: metrics included: transportation, energy and water use, waste management, pollution prevention, general office practices, green building retrofits, local vendor education and public outreach.
● Successfully implemented and certified more than 50 arts organizations, including the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).
● Formulated local and national sustainability strategies with AEP management and board in conjunction with the Los Angeles DCA, City Council, Office of the Mayor, and the City of Santa Monica.
A Sustainable Production 2014- 2015
LEED Project Manager
● Certified multiple LEED v3 projects for various clients including LYFE Kitchen restaurants. Green Dinosaur, Inc. 2011-2011
Building Commissioning / LEED AP / Sustainability Consultant
● Consulted on LEED projects for municipalities in California. 2
● Assisted with Fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning of various commercial building types: colleges, fire stations, multi-residential and municipalities.
● Utilized T-24 Code, Cal Green, ASHRAE, as well as plan review and coordination to complete projects.
● Supported the development and review of OPR, BOD and Cx Plans. Creation of pre-functional checklists for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Shlemmer+Algaze+Associates (SAA) December 2010 - Ongoing LEED AP/Designer/Consultant
● Current project manager on LEED BD+C aviation projects.
● Project Manager on LEED O+M: Existing Buildings v3 certification and Energy Star.
● Created systems to streamline the LEED process in order to efficiently manage future clients. EDUCATION
Art Center College of Design Master Fine Arts
San Diego State University Bachelor of Science
● Everblue Course Certified Sustainability Manager
● CRRA Certification Resource & Recycling Management Certification
● BPI Training Level 1-4, included field training
● ISOS GROUP GRI Training (Global Reporting Initiative)
● University of Wisconsin Department of Engineering Professional Development - Commissioning AFFILIATIONS
● TRUE (TRUE Advisor – Zero Waste) ACCREDITED
● WELL AP (International WELL Building Standard) ACCREDITED
● LEED AP BD+C (US Green Building Council) ACCREDITED
● CSM (Certified Sustainability Manager) Everblue CERTIFIED
● BPI/BPA (Building Performance Institute) CERTIFIED
● GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) CERTIFIED TRAINEE
● CRRA (Certified Resource Management Professional) CERTIFIED PUBLISHED WORK AND PRESENTATIONS
● Rocky Mountain Green Panel, 2018 – Developed and Presented, “The Secret to Arriving to Work with a Smile: Bike Commuting”
● Presentation for Living Future UnConference, 2015 – “How LBC Plays with WELL: Creating Happiness in the Workplace.”
● USGBC Webinar, 2016 “Sites Certification Training”
● USGBC Webinar, 2017 “Lighting Redefined Through Certifications”
● Contributor to White Paper – Publisher: The American Alliance of Museums, Washington, D.C.
"Museums, Environmental Sustainability and Our Future” Author: Adrienne McGraw - 2013
● International Association of Museum Facilitator Magazine- Winter 2012
“Sustainability Certification for Cultural Institutions” VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
● Denver Mayor’s Office of Sustainability Advisory Council Policy Sub-Committee Member
● Bike Advocacy through Neighborhood Associations
● Green Schools AIA Panel
● Portland Collaborative (International Living Future Institute (ILFI)
● Richmond Neighborhood Association (RNA) Board Member
● Los Feliz Neighborhood Council Green Committee Chair
● Senator Carol Liu – Green 21 Committee