Ferdaus Al Amin
Plan, design, budget and rollout large scale project in:
• OSP(Outside Plant), Fibre to the Home. FTTH(10K+ clients)
• Data Centre (infrastructure, power systems, commissioning)
• GIS Software Development
• Remote surveillance Enterprise security system
• Long range, high speed smart electrical vehicles(cars, bikes, mass transports) Experience Summary:
More than 16 years of progressive & increasingly responsible and functional achievement.
Strategies, agreement in joint venture to plan, design, estimate, prepare rollout schedule for FTTH network in NGPON2; DWDM; DataCentre Infrastructure .
Software development related to Telecom Outside Plant Network incorporating all field entities, Inside Plant of Central Office with Fibre Cable Entry entities; SDH Tx equipment physical and logical details
Plan, schedule with drawings Telecom Network integration in Fibre, MW in backhaul, core, aggregate and client distribution level (with GPON fibre network)
Train OSP fibre network designers in the use of in-house GIS OSP software
Use of LINUX since 2006 with special emphasis on Ubuntu including Command Line Interface work and LINUX administration
Knowledgeable in the deployment of Cisco 37XX, 34XX, 29XX Series Switches & MPLS 7609 routers; Alcatel Lucent PSS-XX series for DWDM; SDH; IP based routing at Microwave links
Experienced in erecting 132KV towers, deploying, testing & commissioning of 132/33/11KV 40MVA power substations, 132KV Transmission Lines
Experienced in Tier III DataCentre design, plan, estimate, bidder negotiation
Read, interpret RCC Civil Engineering structural drawings and prepare estimates on steel and concrete mix requirement from these drawings.
Current: In sequence of familiarizing in AWS, Terraform and Ansible for trends in Cloud Computing Professional Experience and Works:
Lead Planning and Project Rollout, ADN Telecom, Dhaka, 09/2014 – 08/2019; www.adnsl.net
Technical consultant for Tower license AB Hightech Consortium(Jt venture) in Bangladesh
Prepare the “Requirements” document for in GIS based OSP Planning, drawings software for OSP Fibre Network Planning, Display in GIS maps, Geospatial Database record keeping; update “Requirements” in weekly meetings of the software update
Plan, design and implement “Tier 3 “, 350KW capacity(Electrical) Data Centre in Cold Aisle Containment area, DCIM(DataCentre Infrastructure Management), fire protection.
Prepare “Requirements” document for AON based DWDM systems procurement, test and CV-Ferdaus-Dec19.odt ; Page# 1 of 4
implementation in 11 nodes at 100G capacity.
Upgrade Metro Ring network of SDH, GigE/IP-MPLS to DWDM ASON 40G network with 8 λ initially;. Estimated cost US$ 1M
Consultant to GrameenPhone(www.grameenphone.net) for 2K MDU with GPON based FttH deployment in areas of Dhaka City. Plan for “Multi-Play GPON OLT (MA5600T of Huawei or equivalent)
o Estimated cost in phase 1 to be US$5M, phase 2 US$3M, Phase3 US$3M
Prepare estimate with ROI, Business plan of Fibre Cable, Hand hole / manholes, field “Fibre Cabinets” with splitters based ODF, fibre closets in building premises(i.e FttH OSP)
Supervise the use of “AutoCAD/”DraftSight” to prepare standard Central Office drawings. Lead Operations, Operations Deptt, ADN Telecom, Dhaka, 06/2013 – 09/2014; www.adnsl.net
• Supervise operation of ADN Telecom’s diverse and complex Network issues in Tx, Data & International leased circuits
• Negotiation Rental of optimum Long Haul Fibre Transmission BW.
• Attend Meetings for IPLC circuits, International MPLS leased lines, Banks' branches, ATM's data communications solutions; Corporate level data communication solutions all over Bangladesh with Radio & Fibre
GM, Technology Deptt, Fiber@Home, Dhaka, Bangladesh 06/2009 –05/2012
(Fiber @ Home is the first Private sector NTTN Telecom company in Bangladesh. Website: www.fiberathome.net)
• Lead Telecom activities on fibre based SDH project, Data com projects with MPLS & FttX implementing GPON ensuring compliance. Review project's Design Control Check List
• Presented for the Management on setting up SOP(Standard Operating Procedures) use in OSP & Network Management Centre
• Setup a 24x7 Client Care Centre with TT(Trouble Ticket) software system
• Prepared the model for RDBMS software to track and implement client links and monitor passive fiber core links(Dark Core).
• Optimized Long Haul SDH optical transmission system from 40km to 80+ km saving on Tx equipment
• Held discussion with vendors, clients and stakeholders to seek business solutions for 3GPP, LTE backbone services of country's cell phone operators. Lead, Curricula Development, Council for Access to the Profession of Engineering
(CAPE), http://www.capeinfo.ca, Toronto, ON, Canada 12/2008 – 05/2009
• Prepared Engineering Tutorials for Presentation and then to online video.
• Conducted research for web based curricula developments on various Engineering fields for Canadian Immigrant Engineers.
Design and Project Engineer(OSP), AT&T Engineering (mainly fibre optics in MetroEthernet, Bakersfield), CA, USA 11/2007 – 05/2008
Performed field visits for project work assigned. Prepared AutoCAD drawings as needed from field notes for OSP Civil works. Prepared fibre route diagrams on Micro-station including multiple splicing(Heat Up) design drawings.
Planned & designed overhead, buried and underground conduit fibre optics loop make up for CSME(Custom Switched Metro Ethernet) with the aid of ARES (Automatic Records and Engineering systems ) using intelligent symbols in Micro-station drawing software & AutoCAD.
Generate project costs using JAM(Job Administration Management software). JAM is linked to Oracle for costs evaluation from Micro-station project drawings. CV-Ferdaus-Dec19.odt ; Page# 2 of 4
Performed applications for RoW permits to local Authorities with AutoCAD drawings. Coordinated project work with the Bakersfield Electrical Utility. Held conference calls with utility personnel to make decisions for projects.
Coordinated planned project work with the 3rd party contractor of AT&T Engineering. Completed several Fibre based OSP project planning & designing to cost around US$3M Business Analyst, E O Business Systems, Toronto, Canada 2006 – 2007
Completed gathering Business Requirements, writing Business Specification, Use Case, Process Flow mapping for Golf Score Reporting system “GOLFTRAK”.
Works included determining Business Requirements; Writing test Business Specifications
/Project Proposals for Financial Institution. Use of Crystal Reports to generate Business Intelligence (Bis). Developed VoIP rate analysis for creating seller agents with subscriber/client creation/deletion and client management. Production Associate, MDS Sciex, ON, Canada, www.sciex.com 12/04~ 05/06
• Assembled different modules of “Electronic Mass Spectrometer” with vacuum testing of the modules.
• Ensured Quality Assurance of Assembling of the different modules “Electronic Mass Spectrometer” as per standard and specification. Initiated “Non-conformity” in designs of vacuum valve control system in testing procedures
Production Associate, Celestica (Electronic Manufacturing Service ), Toronto,ON, Canada; www.celestica.com 12/2002 – 11/2003
• Worked at production floors of SunMicrosystems, Juniper, Cummins
• Used SAP system software for production floor MM(Material Management) in MDC; Material Distribution Centre (RTS; Return to Store)
Chief Tech, Access Networks, Emirates Telecom Corpn, Dubai, http://www.etisalat.ae 12/1998 – 05/2002
• Roll out, test, configure and commission GSM transmission backbones on STM1, E1, PRI level, HDSL and Fibre optic circuits.
• Commissioned several ROADM SDH Transmission system in fibre networks.
• Performed “Quality” test of long haul dark fibre cable network. Divisional Engineer, Frequency & Wireless, Ministry of Posts & Telecommunications, Dhaka, Bangladesh; http://www.mopt.gov.bd 06/1996 – 12/1998
Planned, analyzed new project specifications for new Frequency management in VHF, UHF, MW, Planned Frequency Assignment in UHF, MW to new Cell Phone Operators for their fast deployment
Held monthly meetings for Frequency Assignments to resolve on Policy, Rules & Guidelines the use distribution of “Spectrum Resources”
Prepared a comprehensive Spectrum Tariff chart for charges of Radio equipment, electro- magnetic power emission, omni/uni-directional features, frequency emission for the Government
Divisional Engineer, C&W, B T & T B (Telco)Dhaka, Bangladesh; www.btcl.gov.bd; 01/1996 ~ 05/1996
Divisional Engineer, Computer & Data Network Project, B T & T B (Telco), Dhaka, Bangladesh; www.btcl.gov.bd 06/1995 ~ 12/1995
• Floated Tenders for In-house computer Network(LAN); Floated tender with detailed specs for Country's first ever ISP
Divisional Engineer, C&W, B T & T B (Telco)Bogra, Bangladesh; www.btcl.gov.bd; 01/1993 – 05/1995
CV-Ferdaus-Dec19.odt ; Page# 3 of 4
• Supervised O&M of Long-Distance M/W, UHF transmission of Northern Bangladesh
• Planned M/W path profile planning for radio links using DOS / “Path Loss
• Performed Financial Management of Assets, installations, HR Administration of 200+ ; UAT(User Acceptance Test) for 140Mb digital M/W of Alcatel Education (University only); Professional Body Association: B.Sc. in Engg. (Electrical & Electronic) from B.U.E.T
“Life Fellow”, Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh Professional Developments
Huawei “Active Intelligence” show in Shanghai, October, 2018
Attended “Industrial Automation” show in Shenzhen, China on 30th June, 2017
Attended Nokia's AON(Agile Optical Networking) APAC Summit in Bangkok, Thailand from 24th & 26th May, 2016; Participated in sessions on OMS 1350 rel 11 & 12 from Nokia
Certificate in SAP(S&D) from “Solutions One” Training Centre in Chicago, IL, USA; June, 2008
Certificate, OSP Engineering from VersacomLLC: October, 2007, San Antonio,Texas for AT&T Engineering
Certificate, “IT Business Analyst” & ”Software Quality Testing” Institute for Software Engineering, ON; 2007 (included Data Modeling for RDBMS design and implementation)
Certificate, Centennial College; Toronto, ON, 12/2004; Qualified the "Voice and Video over IP" course at Centennial College.
Certificate, CQT(Certified Quality Technician) of American Society for Quality(ASQ), 2004
Dubai 1998 and 2001, completed MCSE and CCNA course
Certificate, Spectrum Management and Radio Frequency Planning, Bail brook College, Bristol, U.K. 02/1994;
Digital Radio Transmission Training using SEL at Telekom Malaysia, Kualalumpur, Malaysia, 08/1994
Certificate, "Radiocommunications Seminar on Spectrum Management", Geneva, Switzerland, 11/1996
Unix, Oracle & C Training at Bangladesh Computer Council, 07/1990 Certificate, Application Software Training on NEAX61E Digital Exchange, NEC, Tokyo, Japan, from 03/1989 to 08/1989
Languages Proficiency Level
• Bengali: Fluent - Mother tongue;
• English: Fluent -Full Knowledge;
• French: Speak – Ltd; Reading – Adv Hindi: Speak -Adv;
• Urdu: Speak -Adv; Reading – Avg; Arabic: Speak – Ltd; Reading – Adv;
• Japanese: Conversation – Average
Driving License: Category “G” from Ontario, Canada (Issue: 2005); UAE 1999 CV-Ferdaus-Dec19.odt ; Page# 4 of 4