Hazaribag, Jharkhand, India.
Pin code- 825301
Passport No: K6861945
I have been associated with Great Eastern Energy since 2012 to present. Adopting standard safe work practices and procedures in accordance with GEECL safety policies. Rresponsible for the day to day Geological & Reservoir related activities for Exploration and Production of Coal Bed Methane, manages production for a field and looks for ways of getting more hydrocarbons out of it. A total number of 16 exploratory wells and 150 production wells have been drilled till date to degasify the coal seams. During my tenure of GEECL, I have gathered knowledge about core well drilling, CBM/CSG gas measurement technique, log interpretation, Permeability testing, Perforation & Hydraulic fracturing design and execution at various well sites. Responsible for optimizing all the mechanical aspects of hydrocarbon production from the wellbore to the surface facilities. Related to Geological and reservoir activity, I have involved in reserve estimation of CBM basins, fault mapping, and production forecasting of CBM wells as well as full basin prospect evaluation. Managing all aspects of geological data storage and usage.
Sr. Geologist for Great Eastern Energy Corporation ltd. (GEECL) E&P . Asansol, West Bengal, INDIA. Placed in field at Raniganj CBM block, (W.B) for Coal Bed Methane Exploration and Production.
In this role I have been responsible for exploration project management and providing input to the geological and technical planning of exploration, appraisal and production wells and assisting with the long-term planning of drilling. In addition I was responsible for well site geological services including logging, sampling and mud logger supervision, Interpretation and analysis of sample and wire line results and the maintenance of geological databases.
Duties and Responsibilities
•Monitoring, Quality control and reporting all sub-surface Geological activity at the rig site and for the accurate and timely dissemination of the reports in accordance with accepted company standard formats and procedures; ensuring the geological objectives of the well are achieved; and document result of work; preparing reports, displays and communicate all activities to the operation team.
• Geological and supervision of development /production wells.
• Identifies lithology and picks formation tops, coring points, and TD criteria; perform lithological description of drill cuttings.
• Supervision and quality control of MWD (Sperry) and wire line Logging (Mitchel) of high angle development wells.
• Supervision of coring and core recovery operations and organize shipment of core to ensure all cores are properly recovered and stored.
• Establishes daily communication and gives timely recommendation to the operations teams on the well progress and incoming plan or programs.
• Involved in drilling several directional well drilling in the field Raniganj south block.
• Supervision of core hole drilling and core logging at drill site.
• Operational support: Well proposal, supervising mud logging, IFT, Perforation and Hydro fracking.
• Geophysical Well logging and formation evaluation; interpretation of Geophysical logging (open hole logging and cement bond logging).
• To interpret cased hole logs (CBL and VDL) to find formation to cement and cement to casing bond. From CBL to locate casing collar for depth correlation during perforation job.
• Stimulation ( Hydraulic fracturing, Acidizing and Perforation ) of Raniganj CBM block of GEECL India by Halliburton: To prepare hydraulic fracturing design of well. Well Acquainted with whole process of hydraulic fracturing for both vertical and directional well.
• Documentation of Geological reports and analysis.
Previously I am working as a Asst. Geologist at TOTAL CBM Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. Placed in the field/Drilling site at Sohagpur North CBM block, Shahdol (M.P) for Coal BedMethane exploration and potentiality Studies, sponsored by Reliance Natural Resources & Geopetrol Inc. and Satpura basin of Chindwara dist. (M.P) for DART Energy (previously ARROW Energy).
• Core logging and litho-log preparation.
• Detailed desorption study for in-situ gas content.
• Coal Sample preparation and analysis.
• Desorption of coal samples.
• Data gathering, formatting and interpretations and assistance in preparation final reports
• Assistance in preparation final reports
• Quality Assurance & Quality control
• IHS Petra: Geological modeling interactive suit
• Fast CBM: Coal Bed Methane reservoir simulator
• Rock ware: GIS and Earth science modeling
Training and Certification
Project :- Industrial training based on exploration, production, Mining of Uranium and Geology of Narwapahar and Uranium mineralization.
Company:- URANIUM CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED, (UCIL). Narwapahar, Singhbhum (East), Jharkhand, INDIA.
Workshop Attended: Sensitisation workshop on Metallogeny of Bihar and Jharkhand States sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST) Gov. of India conducted by Department of Geology, Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag.
• Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand, India-825301.
Master of Science (M.sc) with concentration on Geology.
• St. Columba’s College, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand, India-825301.
Bachlor of Science degree in Geology.(2009)
• Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi, Jharkhand Intermediate in Science.
• Matriculation from Kendriya Vidyalaya.