Contact No. 009***********
Email Address: email@example.com
Nationality : Indian
Date of birth : 05/12/1972
Language : English.Hindi,Malayalam & Tamil
Family Status : Married
Driving Licence details:
Licence Number : TN31Y19910000107
Validity of LMV : 04/12/2022
Validity of HMV : 04/022016
Passport Number : J7712648
Date of expiry : 2021
Experienced safety personnel with comprehensive skills in strategic planning and HSE Standards implementation, seeking a position as a Safety officer where these skills will add value.
Professional Career Summary
Qualified Safety Officer with 3 years experience in Chemical Process plant / Construction Projects. Capable of supervising and guiding a multicultural workforce of expert and local labor towards safety compliance and commitment. Proven strong leadership in implementation of international HSE Standards and Regulations to various projects.
Education / Qualifications
Osha (30 hrs construction safety)
Medic first aid (U.S standard)
Computer literacy:- DCA & DOA
Trainings In Qatar
Confined space entry supervisor training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem)
HAZCOM training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem)
Lock out,Tag out and Try (LT&T)training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem.)
Blinding training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem.)
Permit to work training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem)
Respiratory protection program training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem)
Fire & hole watch training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem)
Heat stress training from Qatar chemical Ltd (Q-Chem)
QSAFE observation training from Qchem
Fire fighting training from venture gulf Qatar & in Qcon safety training school
• Site Inspection:-
Prepare and issue inspection reports / violation notices Of unsafe act and Unsafe Conditions on daily basis to responsible Area In charge / supervisors /foremen / and follow-up to ensure that appropriate corrective actions are properly carried out at reasonable time period By Implementing WATCH (Work Activity Targeting the Control of Hazards) program.
• Permit to work System:-
Ensuring the strict Compliance of work permit system in Live petrochemical in Construction Projects. (i.e. Confined Space work, working at height and depth, working on electrical system, Excavation work, Cold work and Hot work, LOTO, Energy Isolation, Road closer, Long/ Awkward load lifting / transportation, Heavy equipment lifting .Radiography)
• Plant and Equipment Inspection:-
Ensuring that only Inspected and Certified plants and Equipments (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic tools and Equipments) are in use at site.
• Periodic Audits of the subcontractors work activity, facility therein and evaluation.
• Incident Investigation:-
Investigate all incidents i.e. Near miss/Personnel injury/Property Damage /dangerous occurrences by root cause analysis and recommending corrective measures to prevent reoccurrence and developing action taking register for follow up & records
• Daily HSE Meeting:-
Conduct and participate in Daily safety coordination Meeting with Sub Contractors and Client safety representatives And Highlighting the Safety concerns at site, planning for new activities and Action taken on previous issues
• Review and monitors sub contractor’s safety program.
• Coordinate with various departments for safety related issues
• Safety Audit:-
Work Permits System, Emergency Procedure, Annual internal audits and general checklists.
• Safety inspection:-
Daily Plant safety visit, Equipments, plants and General Safety checklists.
Preparation and submitting weekly and monthly HSE reporting to higher authority and head office and Client.
• EHS Briefing/Tool Box Talks:-
Implementation of EHS briefing/Tool box talk system at work site and monitoring and preparing reference material
• Safety Reviews:-
Task Risk Assessment/Job Safety Analysis, Pre start up safety review, field change over and Process Modifications. Method statement for all critical activities from safety point of view
• Coordinating with other area in charge for planning and implementation safety activity
Induction and activity specific Safety training to employees.
• Updating of standards:-Keeping track of latest version of national and international safety standards. (i.e. OSHA
• Active participation in meeting and Preparing Minutes of meeting
a) HSE kick-off meeting.
b) Pre-start-up HSE audit
c) Construction kick-off meeting.
d) Weekly HSE & progress meeting.
e) Monthly & Weekly Company & contractor’s HSE meetings.
f) JSA meeting.
• Presentation:- Preparing and Presenting the HSE Presentation in meeting.
• Preparation: - prepare JSA for all activity.
• Monitoring:-Monitoring the sub contractors activity during the execution of the project starting from the concrete work to the end of the commissioning as per Client HSE Plan and the international HSE standard.
• Monitoring and Ensuring:-
All activities carried out as per Client HSE Standard Safe Operating Procedures/International Standard and documented.
• Electrical and Instrumentation work,
• Lifting and Rigging,
• Heavy and Awkward Lifting,
• Work in Confined Space,
• Working at height & Depth,
• Chemical handling and transportation.
• Civil works(i.e. Excavation,Back filling, Form work and Shuttering, Concreting, Asphalting)
• Mechanical and Piping Work(i.e. Structural, Vessels and Equipment Erection,Welding, Cutting, Grinding,Blasting and Painting, Insulation ),
• Scaffolding Erection and Modification,
• Radiography Monitoring,
• Pre Commissioning Activity For Chemical Processing Plant,
• Pressure Testing(Hydro and Pneumatic),
• Working in Live and hazardous Zone Classified Area. Uses of Excavator, Dump Truck, Bobcat, Forklift, Loader, JCB, Pick up, Crane, Man lift (Rapid Access)
• Emergency Preparedness:-
Active Participation in Preparation of Emergency Procedure based on Project Condition, Training to Employee, Arranging Emergency Exercise Drill and Reporting.
• Heat stress management Program implementation:-
Continuous monitoring the Temp/Humidity and displaying different colored Flag at work site based on Heat index (Humidex), Availability of Rest Shelters, Cold Water and rest Period, Special training and Toolbox talks.
Professional Experience in Project
State of Qatar
From June 2008 to June 2009 in Daewoo E & C at Qchem.
Safety coordinator:-Qatar Chemical Ltd (Q-Chem) (A joint venture petrochemical )
Complex of Qatar petroleum and Chevron Phillip chemical of USA, MIC, State
of Qatar .
From December 2011 to march 2015 in Trags at Qchem.
Safety officer : Qatar chemical led ( Qchem) ( A joint venture petrochemical)
Complex of Qatar petroleum and Chevron phillip chemical of USA,MIC,State of Qatar.
From February 2010 to December 2011 as a safety officer at road safety in
Terra infra road works (Road constructing project for National Highway in
Palakkad for Palakkad – Thrissur main road.).
From June 2003 to June 2008 as a Quarry supervisor cum coordinator in
S.D.N.Road builders and holding BHD.in Palakkad for Palakkad – Kulapully
Main road for State highway.
From December 2000 to April 2003 as a Field officer in Thrissur for a
Private firm named Bharat house loan, preparing all documents for
Borrowing loans from any Bank by witnessing the land of the customers.
From November 1992 to November 2000 as a lubrication mechanical
Supervisor for Bucket wheel excavators,Bulldozers,Poclains,Showell-wheel
Loaders & many other earth moving heavy equipments in Neyveli Lignite
From October 1989 to October 1992 as a Storekeeper (Mechanical,Electrical
& Civil) for Rajamanickam Engineering and Contractor in Neyveli Lignite