My name is Bushra Masood and I would like to place my candidature for teaching in your esteemed school.
I am a graduate in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed. English) and Bachelor of Arts (B.A. English) and carry a rich experience of more than seven years in the field of education. I started my career in 2002 with Al Amal Indian School, Kuwait and since then, I have had the opportunity of working with other schools of repute like Delhi Public School (Kuwait), Al Danah School (Kuwait) and Manarat School for Special Needs (Kuwait), which was my last assignment in Kuwait. I then moved to the State of Qatar and resumed my career in 2018. I’m currently working in Al Arqam Academy for Girls as a Class Teacher for grade III students. My expertise has been in teaching students of primary level. However, I have also taught older children from standard 7 to 12th briefly. My subjects have been English language, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and ICT. I also had the privilege to compile English Language and Mathematics Books for students in KG1 and KG2 in the year 2006 & 2007 for Al Danah School. During my work with the Manarat Special Needs School, I took the challenge to upgrade my knowledge and skills to suit that assignment - I actively participated in various Workshops and Seminars listed on my attached CV. I also successfully completed a course in Teaching Children with Dyslexia.
I’ve taught and well versed in teaching different curriculums such as British, American, Singapore and Indian curriculums.
I sincerely believe my passion to teach children coupled with rich work experience across various reputable schools in Kuwait and Qatar makes me a good candidate for your esteemed school. I look forward to your favorable reply.
Thanks and regards,
BUSHRA MASOOD Mobile: +974-****-**** / 7050 0648 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org WORK EXPERIENCE
Al Arqama Academy for Girls, Qatar
(Nov 2018 to present) – British Curriculum
Class teacher for grade III students
Compiles weekly lesson plan for grade III students and share with teacher for the Science subject.
Interactive White Board presentation (IWB) is also compiled for the same subject and shared with the teachers.
Manarat School - Special Needs School, Kuwait
(March 2011 – August 2014) – American Curriculum
Taught Social Studies to standard 7
Assistant Teacher to grade
The Electronic Smart School (Al Danah School), Kuwait
(Sep 2006 - Dec 2007) – Singapore/American Curriculum
English teacher for L.K.G & U.K.G.
I compiled English and Mathematics books in 2006-2007 for L.K.G & U.K.G. Delhi Public School (D.P.S)-Kuwait
(Oct 2004 - Jan 2005) – Indian Curriculum
Class teacher of L.K.G. was teaching English, Math and Science. The Kuwait Pakistan English School-Kuwait
(Dec 2003 - Sep 2004) - Pakistani Curriculum
Class teacher of 1
standard and taught English, Math, Science and Social Studies. Al Amal India School-Senior Section-Kuwait
(Dec 2002 - Oct 2003) - Indian Curriculum
Class teacher of 5
std. and taught English and Social Studies to 6
1. ADHD (Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) Primer: Dispelling myths and providing practical tools for education.
2. Brain Based Learning: 21st Century Teaching, for 21st Century Learners" 3. Emotional Rescue: Using Brain Science to inform our Pedagogy: How Neurological Science can help you Teaching”
4. Child Psychology: Psychoanalytic Theory, Defense Mechanisms, Psycho Sexual Development of Personality, Lifespan Development, Piaget’s Psychological Development and Interactive Activities. CONFERENCES
5. The 1
International Conference on Learning Disabilities & Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder – Hosted & Organized by KALD
6. 2011 PEAK Conference – Hosted by American Creativity Academy 7. 2010 PEAK Conference – Hosted by Al Bayan Bilingual School EDUCATION
1. B. Ed with English and Social Studies as subjects from Indira Gandhi National Open University, Kuwait - 2007.
2. B.A. with English as main subject from Aligarh Muslim University, India in 2002. 3. Senior Secondary School Certificate with Commerce- The Indian School, Kuwait in 1998 CERTIFICATION
4. Dyslexia Therapy for self-help or as a career – Udemy, 2018 5. Certificate in the Teaching of children with dyslexia - Kuwait Dyslexia Association, Kuwait in 2011.
Following courses from NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology), Aligarh, India 6. Programming: SQL, C++, Basic of HTML
7. MS Windows, MS Office
English – Speak, Read & Write
Hindi - Speak, Read & Write
Urdu – Speak & Read
Arabic – Read and Basic conversation
Date of Birth: May 22
Marital Status: Married
Visa: On husband’s sponsorship
Passport # & validity: K2094516 valid up to 3