Cell Phone #: 760-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Veteran with over 24 years of leadership & managerial experience, specializing in healthcare administration & human resources management. Seeking the opportunity for new challenges & increased responsibility.
MA, Human Resources Management, National University, San Diego, CA -Graduated Oct 2015
MS, Healthcare Administration, National University, San Diego, CA – Graduated Oct 2011
BS, Healthcare Management, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL – Graduated Dec 2009
Licenses & Certifications:
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (California Dept. of Public Health) – NHA7992
Pharmacy Technician (California Board of Pharmacy) – TCH 8074
Certified Medical Assistant (American Registry) – Cert. No. 21047
Civilian Work Experience 2010 - present:
Assistant Administrator, San Mar Healthcare, Villa Rancho Bernardo 1/19 – present
-Responsible for the day to day operations of a 295 bed skilled nursing & rehab facility.
-I work under the supervision of a Regional VP, who works closely with me at the facility twice a week.
-Oversees a staff of 350 personnel & provides oversight of financial operations, HR, customer service,
business development & all facility projects, project compliance, procurement & resource funding.
- Instrumental in implementing a discharge follow up process, resulting in sustaining an average
Medicare census of 50 & an average overall census of 289/295. Achieved 60 Medicare in June.
- Reduced personnel call-ins by 50% by implementing a more accountable call in process.
Assistant Executive Director, Life Care Centers of America, Lake Forest 1/17 – 1/19
- Provided leadership & direction for the daily operations of a 175 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility.
- Worked under the supervision of a Senior E.D., who oversaw me at the facility M, W & day on F.
- Supervised a staff of 232 personnel & provided oversight to key areas including: financial operations,
human resources, customer service, business development & facilities/maintenance.
-Consistently met operational margins & ranked #1 facility (of 10) in earnings for 11 of 22 months.
-Oversaw all facility projects, major projects in which 8 were at a regional level & 3 were at a divisional
level. Responsible for overall compliance, procurement & resource funding for these projects.
-Reduced personnel overtime by half (17% to a consistent 8%). Reduced personnel call ins by 40%.
- Implemented a standby/reserve staff list for personnel call-ins, helping avoid staffing shortages.
Director of Business Operations, Sava Home Healthcare 1/15 – 1/16
- Oversaw the daily operations of two home health care facilities. Supervised a staff of 20.
- Consistently met operational margins & reduced overall operational costs by 20%.
- Analyzed financials & adjusted operational budget to stimulate year end profitability by 20%.
Administrator in Training (AIT), Covenant Care, Encinitas & La Jolla 1/14 – 1/15
- Trained as a Nursing Home Administrator for 2 facilities, a 95 and a 135 bed SNF & rehab center.
- In addition to AIT responsibilities, held the role of Admissions coordinator & HR Director, increased
admissions by 15% & streamlined staff credentialing, recruitment, selection & training process.
- Established an outpatient therapy contract with the VA, providing an added monthly revenue of $4K.
Healthcare Specialist, Veteran’s Health Administration Clinic 1/13 – 1/14
- Managed the anticoagulant program (Coumadin Clinic), caring for over 350 patients monthly.
- As a supply specialist, managed an annual supply budget of $2.75 million for 3 primary care clinics.
- Oversaw the maintenance contracts & inventory of all medical equipment valued at $8.5 million.
Director of Business Operations, Monarch Healthcare 2/10 – 12/12
- Planned & managed the daily operations of two facilities (6 beds each) & supervised a staff of 16.
- Consistently met operational margins 30 of 34 months & exceeded these margins 22 of 34 months.
- Accountable for long-range planning, administration, materials management & purchasing.
- Responsible for staff credentialing, recruitment, selection, training & performance appraisals.
Active Duty Military Experience from 1989 – 2009:
Director of Operations, Surface Warfare Medicine Institute 6/06 – 7/09
- Managed 5 programs (Operations, Budgets, Acquisitions, Training & Safety).
- Oversaw all Command contracts (purchases, services & maintenance) & coordinated all key projects.
- Member of the executive board, responsible for managing an annual operating budget of $12 million.
- Supervised a team of 30 instructors & operational support to 7 major commands in the Pacific Fleet.
- Managed the HR department & supported a staff of 50 personnel & over 300 students (annually).
Director of Operations,1st Marine Logistics, Readiness & Training Division 5/03 – 6/06
- Managed an annual operating budget of $3.5 million, to include contracts & field operations.
- Supervised 27 instructors, responsible for selection, training, credentialing & performance appraisals.
- Provided HR support, training, certification, counseling & record maintenance for 4,200 personnel.
- Responsible for training all deploying personnel with an outcome of 99% return & survival rate.
- Competitively selected for 3 consecutive years to be a member of the General’s Inspection Team.
Division Manager, Surgical Services, Naval Medical Center, San Diego 9/00 – 5/03
- Managed 4 Departments & led a staff of 194, responsible for staff credentialing, training & appraisals.
- Provided executive level management, developed & implemented department goals & policies.
- Conducted fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets & authorizing expenditures.
- Systematically distributed an annual operating budget of $5.2 million & $2.75 million in equipment.
- Oversaw clinical processes & made adjustments for cost effectiveness & process improvement.
- Received “Outstanding” on all JCAHO, Bureau of Medicine, Inspector General & OSHA inspections.
Department Manager, Pharmacy Dept., Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA 3/94 - 9/00
- Supervised 74 technicians in filling 1,500 outpatient, 650 inpatient & 4,200 refills prescriptions daily.
- Provided administrative & HR support to 54 military & 20 civilian pharmacy staff personnel.
- Responsible for managing an annual outpatient & inpatient pharmacy budget of $55 million.
- Streamlined the Outpatient & Refill process, resulting in an overall 15% increased efficiency & output.
- Consistently received a grade of “outstanding” on 6 annual command inspections & 4 JCAHO
Combat Medic,1st Marine Expeditionary Unit 3/89 – 2/94
- Participated in numerous combat tours in Far East Asia, South West Asia & the Middle East.
- Competitively selected as the only medical personnel to serve as a “Combat Skills” Instructor.
- Provided medical care, immunizations, physical exams & health inspections for 120 infantry Marines.
- Instructed personnel in advanced trauma life support, basic first aid, IV Therapy & suturing classes.
- Earned National Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician & Red Cross CPR Instructor.
-American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- San Diego Organization of Healthcare Leaders (SOHL)