DR. NOOR FATHIMA
Alkharj, Saudi Arabia
Contact No: 009**-*********
Email Id: email@example.com
A talented, well organised and strong classroom performer, who has a proven track record of achieving excellent pupil attainment. She is passionate about raising standards across all age groups and subject areas. By using her natural air of authority to maintain discipline, she can foster and maintain a positive professional climate where pupils can reach their full potential. As an outstanding and inspirational teacher with very high personal standards, she is committed to the learning and development of her students. She has high expectations of both herself and her pupils, and shows an interest in every student as an individual. Right now, she is working for a reputable university that treats all employees fairly, consistently and provides equal career opportunities for all.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Major: Especially in Literature and Language teaching skills. Writing Skills, Reading Skills, Speaking and listening Skills, language Acquisition, Academic Writing, Vocabulary courses,
Conducted lectures each day for undergraduate and graduate – level courses on a variety of topics related to English Literature and Language.
Led a committee to create a student writing centre, and assist students struggling with the basics of academic writing.
Expert in various ages and periods of English Literature teaching, American Literature, Shakespeare age, Modern Contemporary Age, Novels, History of English Literature, Introduction to English Literature etc
Curriculum development, Classroom management, Student assessment. Behavioural management, preparing teaching material, Subject knowledge, Teaching skills, Grammar instructions, administering examinations, Elementary reading, Early childhood education Applying educational methodologies.
I feel that my greatest strengths are firstly my strong commitment to teaching to the highest possible standards. Secondly, my skills working efficiently as part of a team, and forming personal bonds with other staff members. Thirdly my desire to do everything possible to ensure that my pupils not only meet but indeed exceed all of the academic goals and targets set for them.
17 years of experience in teaching field
English Lecturer - working presently at Prince Sattam Bin Abdul Aziz University, Alkharj, Saudi Arabia
• BA (English Literature and Linguistics)
University of Madras, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India Year: 2001
• MA (English literature and Linguistics) University of Madras Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Year: 2003 (secured 1st in the batch at the final results)
• M.Phil. ( Eng Litt) Bharatiyaar University,
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
• Ph.D. Bharatiyaar University,
Coimbatore, India, 2019
Thesis titled: ‘Contemporary Indian Women Writing with reference to Shashi Deshpande and Anita Desai’s novels’ (Chosen 4 novels of each of the prescribed writers for study) Other Qualification:
PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application), Chennai, India As a teaching assistant
Responsible for ensuring that students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject being taught. Also, required to comply with any reasonable request from the university management.
• Working with other teaching staff to set goals, objectives and methods.
• Encouraging students to ask questions and to express their difficulties.
• Establishing effective classroom management practices.
• Giving feedback to pupils and counselling them for their academic growth and development.
• Identifying special needs pupils and those with learning disabilities. Taking students out on field trips.
• Participating in extra-curricular activities.
• Listening to students to understand their concerns and needs.
• Responding to misbehaviour in the effective but measured way.
• Teaching pupils who have experienced difficulty with mainstream education.
• Organising cultural activities, parties, competitions and field trips.
• Having the skills and confident to achieve the teaching and learning goal. With respect to language improving among students, have taken a managerial position to guide the different level of language learning students at English language Club to improvise their language at different walks of life.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Taught LSRW (listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) Skills to the University and specialised students
• Proficiency in Creative Writing
• Expertise in Academic writing
• Having an interest in writing poetry, have written anthology of poems. (can share on request) Details of workshops conducted
Being Professional, 2012
Effective Communication--- 2013
Secrets to Academic Success -Key skills ...that truly works, 2015 Research Interests
• Gender studies
• Comparative studies
• Feminists canons
• American Literature
• Contemporary Writing
In English and
Head, Student Activities Services
Member, College Graduation Project Committee
Member, New Study Plan Committee
Member, Department Scientific Research Committee
Research Criteria and publications
(Published various research papers in the Comparative Literature domain).
• Presented papers in the National and International conferences.
• Explored researches on different modern contemporary writers with the huge horizon of gender experiences and its related predicaments.
• Pored and pondered and worked with peer research scholars, also collaborated and published research papers under the supervision of experts in the research field.
• Supervised the Graduation projects to national and international students in the native country. RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTATIONS in the NATIONAL and
Voice of The Mute Binds the Threshold of Woman World as depicted in Shashi Deshpande’s novel The Binding Vine. [Feb,2014]
Rokheya Sakhawat’s ‘Sultana’s Dream’ under the banner of Feminism entrenched with Science fictitious world.@ The International Conference---Aurangabad, India
The Contemporary Indian Woman Writer, Shashi Deshpande- The Feminist Perspective@ The International Conference- Recent trends in Literature: A Global Perspective, Garden City College, Bangalore, India [27TH and 28th of Jan,2012]
New Directions on Language and Literature Studies
@One Day State Level Conference, Abbas Khan College for Women, Bangalore, India
[7th of Feb,2011]
Ethics of New Woman- Nativist Approach in The Narrations of Shashi Deshpande
@Three Day National Seminar on Nations and Narrations, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad [20-22 March, 2012]
Attended the First International Conference of Technology for Helping People With Special Needs @Al –Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University, Riyadh [18-20 Feb,2013]
Cry, the peacock, a novel of Anita Desai justifies the hollo of Feminine sensitivity and the hollowness of Masculine sensibility and vice versa. ISSN 2231-3249 New Voices, Multilingual International Refereed Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. Vol-III and Issue II Dec 2015 (Peer reviewed)
Anita Desai’s Cry, the peacock emanates the outcry of the female predicament. ISSN:2321-1164, The English Research Express, IJELL-International Journal of English Language and Literature, Chennai, India. Vol:4th& Issue 14th (April-June’2016) pp:152- 160 dt:25-06-2016, 2016-17 Journal Impact Factor:3.5(Peer Reviewed)
The English Research Express: International Journal of English Language and Literature
(IJELL), ISSN:2321-1164 (on line); 2347-2642 (print), with Vol. No.5, Issue:18 (April-Jun 2-17), on Page No 114-127