Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/ameya-wadekar Contact no – 480-***-**** WORK EXPERIENCE
Product Engineer Nov 2017-March 2019
NXP semiconductors, NPI Motion sensor Business Line. Provided Engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product from concept to manufacturing to end of life 1. Product Validation
• Performed validation and debug of new and derivative products with emphasis on yield, reliability, and overall manufacturability.
• Hands on experience in working on SPI, I2C, DSI3, and PSI5 communication protocols for interfacing sensors with ECU(Microcontroller) in automotive industry.
• Defined and Conducted appropriate product testing and troubleshooting using multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers.
• Captured relevant data to assist in the development and validation of electronic product specifications 2. Statistical Analysis
• Utilized statistical analysis tools like JMP Pro and MS Excel and Exensio yield to establish performance baselines and identify focus areas for product performance enhancements and robustness improvements based on ATE test results.
• Frequently Monitored and debugged ATE tester operations.
• Based on the results of statistical analysis(such as correlation, process capability (CP/CPK) and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R)), performed bench validation of customer failures and rejects for detailed root cause analysis.
• Performed statistical analysis of ORM(Operational Risk management) data analysis as a criterion for clearance of lot for production. 3. Product Delivery management
• Supported product qualification, temperature characterization and release on ATE and customer complaint handling .
• Customer samples management – Exclusively responsible for complete product lifecycle management of delivering customized product samples to the customers. Comprising of dictating assembly of MEMS and ASIC probed wafers, trimming and testing parts on ATE and shipping them to customers.
4. Other Projects
• Conducted a “Burn In Elimination” study for removal of Burn In at the production line for overall cost reduction.
• Developed, maintained and executed design verification, reliability test plans, traceability matrices, procedures, equipment, results, and other related documents to ensure product consistently meet high quality standards and agency requirements
• Exhibited strong data management, scheduling and presentation skills using MS Office Suite
• Worked directly in collaboration with R&D, Product Design, Manufacturing, Verification and Validation, Test, Quality, Operation and Project Management teams. Thus, portraying strong interpersonal skills in cross-functional team structure.
• Worked on implementing Six Sigma methodologies and obtaining continuous improvement in manufacturing process, operations cycle time and quality.
Graduate services assistant Sept 2015 -Jan 2016
Arizona State University Tempe
• Assisted the course of CSE 250 (Microcomputer Architecture and Programming). ACADEMIC EDUCATION
MS in Engineering, Arizona State University August 2017 BTech in Electronics and Telecommunication, JNEC, India. June 2014 PATENT
Smart assistive device in walkers for patients with parkinsons disease December 2016 Developed a novel, attachable system that detects the percentage of weight a Parkinson's patient places on a walking aid and delivers said information for improved patient kinematic-awareness. (Under collaboration with Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix) Highlights: Project Planning, Scheduling, Technical reports and documents, developing a sensor system and its characterization using MATLAB, Sensor calibration, Designing parts using SolidWorks(CAD) and manufacturing by 3D printing them, Data collection using PLX -DAQ software and Arduino, Performed FEA analysis for collecting data to determine system parameters using Abaqus, U.S. Patent Application 62/428,890, Filed December 2016, Patent Pending.
COMPUTER SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
Programming Languages: C, C++, CUDA C++ and CUDA Fortran (Compute Unified Device Architecture), MIPS, x86, ARM, Python, FORTRAN 95, OpenCV, HTML, JAVA, Linux Shell.
IDE/Suites: Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Eagle PCB design, Linux OS(Ubuntu), Intel VTune Amplifier, GIT, Anaconda IDE, Microsoft Visio, MATLAB, Simulink, Intel Gallileo, Intel Edison, Simpower, PSpice PCB Design studio, ARDUINO IDE, Intel XDK, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cisco packet tracer, MS Project, JMPro, NVIDIA Visual Profiler and NVIDIA Nsight, Microchip chipkit platform. Certifications: Red Hat Certified System Administrator AWARDS
• Winner of ASU Microchip Hackathon for project of "MY POSTURE" -3 days A device meant to detect the wrong posture and give appropriate feedback.
• Won the “Best use of Sensors” title at 'hackster.io' hackathon for project of “MonYoCar” (Monitor Your Car) -3 days Cars monitoring system which will monitor the pressure, temperature, tilt, location and other features using sensors and sends data to cloud server using intel edison board and softlayer cloud server. MS THESIS
"Analysis of hardware usage of shuffle instruction-based performance optimization in the blinds-ii image quality assessment algorithm."
• Analysis of GPGPU implementation of the algorithm was carried out for its optimization by removing the bottlenecks in it by ensuring maximum memory and compute utilization.
PRESENTATIONS AND SYMPOSIUMS
“Smart Assistive Device For Walker”, TEDxASU symposium, Tempe, AZ. March 22nd, 2017. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Cache simulation and hit rate calculation (1 month) Analyzed cache hit rates with varying design parameters of cache block size and cache associativity using bubble sort and inputting random integer arrays of varying sizes. Documented and studied the results to design a cache with optimum block size and associativity.
• Sorting algorithms in MIPS assembly language (1month) Implementing different types sorting algorithms in PLP assembly language and optimizing it for minimizing the number of instructions and cycles.
• Color to greyscale conversion and image blurring in CUDA. (1month) Performed various operations like image blurring and color to grayscale conversion on original images using CUDA and OpenCV.
• Implement a game on intel galileo (1month)
Developed a game of controlling a point on led grid using accelero-gyro sensor module and SPI and I2C communication protocol.
• Accessing eeprom via I2C bus
Developed an I2C client driver to perform page read, page write and seek operations on EEPROM using ioctl calls.
• Linux device driver for shared message queues
Developed a linux device driver for shared message queues, performing enqueue and dequeue operations and calculation of accumulated queuing time using pthreads.
• Automotive back-up alert system (1 month)
Implemented an back-up alert system to help drivers of cars know when they are too close to an object using Ultrasonic sensors.
• Hybrid dual axis solar tracker (1 month)
Designing a solar tracker which tracked sun using a sun positioning algorithm and light sensors.