412-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/prathamesh-desai
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA Aug 2018 – Dec 2019 Master of Information Systems Management
Relevant Coursework: Database Management, Data Mining, Data Focused Python, NoSQL Database Management, Distributed Systems, Organizational Design and Implementation, Statistics for IT Managers University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India Aug 2013 – May 2016 Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication Relevant Coursework: Data Compression and Encryption, Object Oriented Programming with Java, Image Processing, Random Signal Analysis (Statistics), Computer Connection and Networks SKILLS
Programming Languages & Databases: Java, Python, R, SQL, MATLAB, Bash, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j Packages/Frameworks: Pandas, NumPy, BeautifulSoup, Matplotlib, Bokeh, ggplot2 Tools: Informatica Powercenter, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, Talend, Minitab Applications/OS: MS Office, Jupyter, RStudio, Eclipse, Netbeans, Windows, Linux WORK EXPERIENCE
Accenture Solutions, Data Engineer, India Nov 2016 – May 2018
• Successfully executed system builds and configurations for 15 systems of the client to employ ETL Tool Informatica and Reporting Tool SAP Business Objects which ensured timely Go-Live of the project.
• Performed ETL operations on multiple project environments using SQL and Informatica and executed large scale migration of records from legacy systems to newer interfaces which aided in data retrieval, while reducing the module timeline by 25%.
• Delivered regular support to client during monthly patching activities and utilized Data Reporting and Data Visualization Tools to provide crucial insights to the client which brought down the number of queries by 50%.
• Expedited the on-boarding process timeline by 30%, by training and mentoring subordinates on industry best practices, client data protection and documentation procedures for future reporting. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Sleep Quality Analysis using R Feb 2019 – Mar 2019
• Analyzed the factors that affect the sleep quality across the country using classification techniques and predicted the likelihood of an individual getting enough sleep based on the attributes that resulted in low sleep quality; utilized Tableau to visually demonstrate the impact of these factors on the sleep. Recipe Recommendation System using Python Jan 2019 – Feb 2019
• Developed an application to suggest cooking recipes to the user based on the ingredients in their shopping cart; performed web scraping using BeautifulSoup and conducted Market Basket Analysis to determine the correlation between the products with highest sales and executed Exploratory Data Analysis to visualize patterns in the shopping habits of the users. Wine Quality Prediction using R Jan 2019 – Feb 2019
• Predicted the quality of wine using Logistic Regression, Naive-Bayes and K-nearest-neighbour model and compared these models based on their performance metrics to choose the best one for implementation. Web Development using Java Jan 2019 – Feb 2019
• Developed a web application to display images to the user based on their search criteria using Java Servlets; performed web scraping to extract the data from existing websites using JSoup and HTML. Database Designing using Oracle SQL Plus Nov 2018 – Dec 2018
• Engineered a relational DBMS for a car rental company to capture operational information for their business growth by performing ER Modeling, Normalization, Data Manipulation and utilizing SQL Analytics and Advanced Grouping Functions. Nutrition Advisory System using Java Sep 2018 – Nov 2018
• Built a JavaFX GUI based system by utilizing the MVC pattern to provide information about consumption of specific products and nutrients to the user based on attributes like gender, height, weight and lifestyle. ACHIEVEMENTS & LEADERSHIP
• Led a team of 20 members to win 2nd Prize at the National-level cultural festival of IIM Bangalore.
• Awarded with ‘Sir J.R.D TATA Scholarship’, a merit-based scholarship for excellent academic performance in 2013-14.
• Co-ordinated with 15 members as a Team Leader to organize Technical and Robotics Events and was rewarded with a
‘Letter of Appreciation’ from the College Principal.