San Jose, CA firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative and innovative Mechanical Engineering/Thermo-fluids subfield professional SUMMARY
• US Citizen
• Experience in designing and running experimental and numerical projects such as combined battery, fuel cells, thermoelectric, microfluidic devices, high voltage generators devices, PCM heat exchanger, geothermal heat pump, generating electricity by p-n junction diode electrostatics and photovoltaic
• Excellent leadership skills in directing a team towards completion of a project
• Great interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate information with all levels of an organization, as well as with outside clients
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great team building skills, but work equally well independently
• Excellent oral and written communication and documentation skills
• Experience with MATLAB and COMSOL Multiphysics to model and solve complex engineering problems COMPUTER SKILLS
COMSOL MATLAB Mathematica SolidWorks GLD2010 Turbine Fortran Gambit Fluent AutoCAD Epanet Microsoft Office EDUCATION
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia GPA: 3.50, Dissertation-Microfluidic Kelvin water dropper for using electrowetting application
MSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia GPA: 3.71, Thesis- Generating electricity by Triboelectric Solar Cell: A New Paradigm For Solar Energy Conversion
BSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Azad University of Semnan Branch, Semnan GPA: 3.17, Thesis- Experimental investigation on a shell and tube heat exchanger for storing solar heat energy by Phase Change Material (PCM) 01/2011
MOMENTUS Space Inc. (Santa Clara, CA) 2018-2019
• Developed the two-phase feeding system capable of pumping up to 5Mg/s of water from the tank filled with mixture of the water and saturated water vapors for the temperature range between 20C and 80C for Vigoride spacecraft.
Old Dominion University
Research Assistantship 2013- 2018
• Modeling the linked battery and thermoelectric by COMSOL software and analyzing the thermal behavior and output power. (2018-present)
• Design and investigate about microfluidic Kelvin water dropper through experimental tests.
• Optimize microfluidic Kelvin water dropper analytically by MATLAB.
• Contact and contactless electrowetting to deform a water droplet using microfluidic Kelvin water dropper through experimental tests.
• Simulate a contact and contactless electrode with water droplet electrowetting by COMSOL.
• Investigate about generating electricity by Triboelectric Solar Cell: A New Paradigm for Solar Energy Conversion.
• Design and simulate (by COMSOL) the transient heat flux (various types of pulse frequencies) on the hot side of the thermoelectric generator with different geometries of thermoelectric legs.
• Simulate the effect of vibration on the void fraction and heat transfer in condoner by COMSOL.
• Produce hydrogen experimentally via water splitting Tio2 on Zr pellet.
• Investigate about Solid Oxide Fuel Cell.
Teaching Assistantship 2014-2018
• Heat and Mass Transfer course
• Engineering Mechanics course
Elias Yazdanshenas (Page 2)
• Thermodynamics (I) course
• Fluid Mechanics (I) course
• Mechanical Engineering Design (I) course
Lab Assistant 2014
• Assisted with establishing the Hydrogen Energy Laboratory in Old Dominion University. University of Maryland College Park
Research Assistantship 2013
• Conducted experimental investigation of different type of anode materials for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
(SOFC) under the supervision of the Director and Centennial Chair in the University of Maryland Energy Research Center.
Babol Noshirvani University of Technology
Research Assistantship 2011-2012
• Designed and conducted experimental investigation of a geothermal heat pump.
• Built the test rig and experimental investigations of a dehumidifier system with LiCl system.
• Designed portable air conditioning system.
• Designed and conducted experimental investigation of a solar cooling system (Solar Refrigerator)
Azad University of Semnan Branch
Research Assistantship (2009- 2010)
• Designed and conducted experimental investigation of the Phase Change Material (PCM) heat exchanger to store solar heat.
• Conducted experimental investigation of the combined sensible and latent heat storage systems by changing different volume flow rates and different DHW loads. Mechanical Engineer (Intern) (2010)
• Three month BSc internship for arranging and installation of the solar heating system with the PCM material.
• Elias Yazdanshenas, Tang Qiang, Xiaoyu Zhang, Electrowetting Using a Microfluidic Kelvin Water Dropper, Micromachines journal, 25 February 2018, 9(3), p.92.
• Elias Yazdanshenas, Alireza Rezaniakolaei, Meysam Karimi Rad, Lasse Rosendahl, Electrical Response of Thermoelectric Generator under Transient Thermal Boundary Condition, Journal of PowerSources, journal of renewable and sustainable energy-AIP, November 2018.
• Alireza Rezaniakolaei, Elias Yazdanshenas, Electrical Response of Thermoelectric Generator to Shape of Applied Heat Flux, Energy conversion and management. (Submitted)
• Elias Yazdanshenas, Xiaoyu Zhang, Contactless Electrowetting with the Use of microfluidic Kelvin Water Dropper, Journal of Electrostatic (Under the revision)
• Hongxia Meng, Elias Yazdanshenas (co 1st author), Xiaoyu Zhang, Controlling and optimization of microfluidic Kelvin Water Dropper, Micromachines journal (Under the revision)
• Elias Yazdanshenas, F. Asgari, Es. Yazdanshenas, Experimental investigation of a solar LiCl dryer system, 42nd Annual National Solar Conference – Solar 2013, Baltimore, Maryland, April 16-20, 2013
• Elias Yazdanshenas, A. Khalesi Doost, Energy saving of a solar heating system with Phase Change Material (PCM) heat exchanger, ISES Solar World Congress, Kassel University, Germany, 28 Aug-2 Sep 2011
• Elias Yazdanshenas, A. Khalesi Doost, Experimental investigation on a shell and tube heat exchanger for storing solar heat energy by Phase Change Material (PCM), Published in First Annual Clean Energy Conference on International Center for Science, High Technology & Environmental Sciences, Kerman, 2011
AWARD AND HONORS
• Recipient of the NSF Solar Engineering Academic Program (SoLEAP) Scholarship 2014-2015
• Patent for "PCM Heat Exchanger for storing Solar Energy" registered in Iran Invention Organization in 2010 with enrolment Number of 67297 Oct 2010
EXTRACURRICULAR PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
• Membership and Vice President of Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) at Old Dominion University 2014-2015
• Membership at the International Solar Energy Society, young ISES member 2012-2015
• Membership at America Solar Energy Society (ASES) member 2014-2015
• President of ODU-Persia (Persian International Student Association) 2015-2016