Dana A. Hassan
Date of Birth: August 09, 1991
Place of Birth: Doha, Qatar
Marital status: Married
Qualified Nutritionist/Dietitian offering diverse experience leading healthy food initiatives and sustainability programs. Adept at assessing patients health and providing diets and follow ups for patients with health issues. Excellent communicator, fluent in English and Arabic. Work Experience
June 2016 to June
Advance Medical Clinic
• Analyze the body mass using ACCUNIQ BC360
• Ensure weight loss/ gain for patient need.
• With the help of the gynecologist in the center we provided females who are pregnant/ lactating or seeking to be pregnant with ideal diets to stay in a better health and achieve their goals.
Tadawi Medical Center
• Ensures a safe weight loss for clients under continuous supervision.
• Analyze body composition of patients and advise them accordingly
• Provide nutrition programs before and after weight loss surgery.
• Therapeutic diets for patients with cardiovascular disease, diabetes, kidney disease and food intolerance.
• Special diets for children, pregnant and lactating woman and vegetarians.
• Nutrition program for underweight clients.
• Advise pregnant women about the importance of breastfeeding, the strategy of introducing food to babies.
January 2015 to
• Educate patients with diabetes and renal failure to improve their health status by changing their lifestyle.
• Provided different diet programs for more than 100 students in Qatar University for the biggest loser challenge.
• Created new menus and recipes for patients with different diseases
• Responsible for cost control of all menu items.
• Helped the head chef in finding appropriate and healthier subsidies
• Evaluated the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed.
• Provided daily reports regarding meal boxes for patients. Seminars/ Projects:
• Presented seminar about “Myths and Facts of Dieting” for Ideal diet clients.
• Presented a seminar for mothers of kindergarten students about the “Importance of Child Nutrition”.
• Presented a seminar to kindergarten students about “Diabetes”.
• Presented seminars for kids on the composition ‘food plate’ and the types of macronutrients
• Created a booklet for junior dietitians about therapeutic nutrition using ‘Kraus’ as my reference.
Doha Clinic Hospital
• Analyzed body composition of clients using X-SCAN machine.
• Provided nutrition consultations for patients with different health-related issues.
• Responsible for monitoring and checking food production, processing and packaging for all inpatients.
Aug – Sep.2013
Arab Medical Center
Amman - Jordan
Amman - Jordan
Hebron Public Hospital
Hebron – Palestine
Hamad Medical Corporation
Doha – Qatar
Course of Sport Nutrition- Level 1, as an Assistant Adviser Sport Nutrition, organized by the Swedish Academy of Sports Training (SAST) cooperation with the Global Council of Sports Science in Sweden (GCSS). 2019 Course of Sports Nutrition Guide for Starters, organized by the Swedish Academy of Sports Training (SAST) cooperation with the Global Council of Sports Science in Sweden (GCSS). 2018 Course of Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregenancy. 2018 The Media
I have dedicated my time for various media outlets such as: Facebook page / اخصائي ةالتغذية دانا حسانDietitian Dana Hassan, Instagram account: dietitian_dana_hassan, snapchat accountant: dietitian.danah Appeared in an interview conducted by ‘Al Jazeera TV’ about the types and benefits of spices, and importance of using them on a daily basis
Was hosted on radio station: “Qatar radio” and discussed importance of eating breakfast and its effects on problem-solving skills
• Participated with a dietician team in a refugee camp and provided lectures/ diet plans for diabetic patients.
• Conducted a training session about the benefits of eating breakfast at Mohammad Ali AlJa'abari Secondary School – Hebron, Palestine.
• Conducted a training session about the importance of vitamins at Nosaybah AlMazeneyah Basic Girls School –Hebron, Palestine.
• Participated in assessing and advising students and professors about their health status at Palestine Polytechnic University of Hebron.
2010 – 2014
Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition and Food Technology Hebron University–Palestine
Graduate Research: Nutritional Deficiencies Associated to Bariatric Surgery Second Qatar Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Conference (QDEM-2) 2017 SOFTWARE SKILLS
• Excellent skills in body composition analyzer and nutrition labeling software such as X-scan, in body 770, and ESHA
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel Internet Browsing, different miscellaneous software.
• Rola Hallab, Head Dietician/ Food Safety Consultant at Tadawi Medical Center, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob: +974-********.
• Dr. Sabri Saghir, Nutrition and Food Technology Department Chair, Hebron University, Email: email@example.com, Mob. +970-*********.
• Zahieh Shawar, Dietitian at Hebron Public Hospital, Lecturer at Hebron University, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob. +970-*********.