firstname.lastname@example.org Garrett Cone
Frameworks/Libraries: iOS SDKs.
Over the past several months, I have been delving into the world of iOS development as a means to further my career in software engineering. Using my coding background in high school and currently with Udacity, I have easily been able to grasp a strong understanding of iOS development. I feel ready to apply these new skills in a hands-on, and product-focused way. I believe my focus, drive, and excitement for building apps will allow me to thrive in this career. Project Experience
EventSearch App - https://github.com/garrettcone1/SearchEvent.git January 2019
● This app allows users to explore the map to add and remove pins to find events that are nearby.
● The goal of this app was to familiarize myself with a new API: Yelp.
● When a pin has been placed, users are able to view the events nearby by tapping on the pin which will display the events in a tableview. To learn more details on an event, feel free to tap on the event in a tableview, and a nice layout of the event will display the date, address, description, and more. MemeMe App - https://github.com/garrettcone1/MemeMe.git December 2016
● This app enables a user to take a picture, either by camera or straight from your album, where the user then can add text at the top and bottom of the picture to form a meme. The user also has the ability to share the meme via Facebook, Twitter, SMS or email.
● The goal of this app was to get comfortable with multiple View Controllers, and Navigation Controllers.
● The sent memes will be saved to a tab view with two tabs: a table view and a collection view. On The Map App - https://github.com/garrettcone1/OnTheMap.git April 2017
● This app displays a map view that is populated with pins of other student locations from where they are studying.
● By tapping on the student pins, users can view a URL within Safari that the student finds interesting, or a link to their portfolio.
Virtual Tourist App - https://github.com/garrettcone1/VirtualTourist.git August 2018
● This app displays a map that allows you to place pins anywhere you want.
● By tapping the pins, the view will move to a collection view controller that collects images from the API: Flickr, and creates an album based off of the location of the pin.
● Using Core Data and Persistence, users are able to save certain images within the album from where you last left off. Work Experience
Apple Inc.- Sales Specialist West Des Moines, IA November 2017- Current
● As a Sales Specialist at Apple, having a deep understanding of all Apple devices is key to providing support and a great customer experience to the customers I meet with. I learn how to connect with each customer and understand how their passions and needs can be met in a unique way with each of Apple's products.
● Problem-solve software issues related to each customers’ devices.
● Give advice on how to resolve issues on their own and find certain resources in the future. Education
Udacity - Beginner iOS App Developer Nanodegree,
iOS App Developer Nanodegree
Grand View University- Graphic Design Coursework
● Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
May 2016- October 2016
November 2016- January 2019
January 2016- April 2016