(559) 408- 3832
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Outback Materials - Fresno, CA
December 2017 to Present
Brought on board for certified payroll expertise and payroll knowledge. Completed certified payroll audit within first month. Successfully closed out multiple public works jobs in addition to implement compliance documents. Performed employee file audit, located compliance issues within employee files. Found additional compliance issues with I-9 retention and off-boarding required paperwork. Implemented retention schedule and mandated paperwork. Key Results:
•Proficiently process bi-weekly payroll for 100+ employees.
• Bi-weekly reporting to the Department of Industrial Relations on all prevailing wage jobs.
• Monitor and track employee sick, vacation, holiday and deductions balances.
• Responsible for monitoring employee eligibility for benefits, process enrollment packets, change requests and cancellations.
• Singlehandedly organized open enrollment communications and elections process for 100+ employees, without no prior knowledge.
• Maintain and update vacation, sick pay balances, including record changes to pay rates, direct deposits, state and federal withholdings and employee status change.
• Responsible for employment verifications, Unemployment Insurance and State Disability claims, and garnishments in a timely manner.
• Administer onboarding and orientation for back office personnel. Payroll Specialist
Zumwalt Constructions - Fresno, CA
November 2016 to August 2017
Promoted from Executive Administrative Assistant to fulfill Payroll Specialist functions and a portion of HR functions. Initial task included auditing certified payroll aimed at sub-contractors and general contractor for seven multi-million projects, resulted in six months of non-compliant payroll updated and fully compliant with all Davis Bacon and Department of Industrial Relations guidelines. Revised certified payroll tracking system and implemented an efficient tracking checklist to be utilized by all departments. Took charge of all onboarding, drug screening and new hire set up, while department went without Human Resource Manager for a month.
• Effectively, accurately and singlehandedly processed payroll for 100+ employees.
• Familiar with California and Hawaii Unemployment reporting.
• Responsible for employee garnishments and online reporting for 401k match deposit, weekly.
• In charge of complete payroll migration from Pro-Contractor to Sage; where workman's compensation codes, payroll taxes, garnishments, union fringes, medical deductions, 401k and year to date totals were primary task.
• Update and process New hire packets and exit interview packets.
• Maintained and updated vacation, sick pay balances, including record changes to pay rates, direct deposits, state and federal withholdings and employee status change.
• Monitoring of prevailing wage hours and time card exceptions for all non-union employees.
• Assist employees with global cash card and direct deposit enrollment. Assistant Property Manager
Tutelian & co - Fresno, CA
March 2016 to November 2016
Challenged myself by effectively making a career change from 10+ years in retail management to an Assistant Property Manager. Established and maintained positive relationships with tenants and vendors. Effectively recorded all rent collection attempts for 40+ tenants, which resulted in decreasing late fee assessment for 20 total tenants.
• Preparation of New tenant packets; Welcome letter, move in checklist, tenant information form, Certificate of Insurance requirements and keys sign out sheet.
• Maintained weekly work order for maintenance department.
• Assisted in auditing bi-weekly timecards.
• Responsible for entering billing charges into Yardi Voyager and Quick books
• Invoice approval and budget implementation for all office and cleaning supplies.
• Filing and maintaining all accounting files Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivables and vendor files W9's/ Certificate of Insurance.
• Responsible for bank runs and accounts receivable deposits.
• Assist in rent collections and debt collection calls. Senior Site Supervisor
TCSE Inc - Clovis, CA
January 2013 to March 2016
Promoted to fulfill a broad range of Regional Management and compliance functions, including recruiting and training employees, overseeing disciplinary action and managing compliance records. Resolved conflicts between employees. Coordinated training for management, included customer service, loss prevention and recruiting. Performed onboarding for management and seasonal employees and exit interviews.
• Trained management team on interviewing techniques and best practices, conducting conference calls and coaching sessions that contributed to sound hiring decisions.
• Administered employee evaluations and employee performance corrections.
• Creative and cost-effective incentive and morale-boosting programs (Shining Star program: included management and peer recognition and High-Five award: included outstanding customer service acknowledgement) which increased employee satisfaction and productivity.
• Reworked new-hire orientation program to include HR information and company resources.
• Effectively managed five locations operations, established and maintained relationships with employees as well as mall management at all properties.
• Monitoring of employee time cards and payroll management. Education
Bachelors of Science in Business Management
University of Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
Associates of Arts
Reedley College - Reedley, CA
PAYROLL (4 years), ONBOARDING (4 years), EXCEL, MICROSOFT WORD, WORD, Human Resource, Medic, Fmla, 401K, ADP
Orientation & onboarding Payroll taxes Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, Onenote & Power point