email@example.com Tanmay Bandi +1-662-***-****
Mechanical Engineer with hands-on experience in Controls and Quality. Looking for Full-time starting in June 2019. Education
• Michigan Technological University, MS GPA 3.40 Expected May 2019
• Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, BE GPA 3.75 August 2012 – April 2016 Engineering Project Management
Control System for Configurable Hybrid Electric Learning Module (CHELM)
• Developed and validated a control system for CHELM using model-based embedded control design approach.
• Designed an HEV controller with a high-level Mototron controller, an engine ECU and motor controller that determined the torque blending between the engine and motor based on the developed control strategy.
• Six sub-models were developed in the control module. It takes the input from the automotive sensors and processes them to actuate the stepper motor in the actuator module. Remote Electronic Throttle Control using Controller Area Network (CAN) and HiL (Hardware-in-Loop)
• Software development of a remote electronic throttle connection via CAN communication and built a CAN network using 2 ECUs, defined CAN communication between them and performed PID control logic.
• Used CANking to monitor the CAN bus, real time mask and filtering done through the CAN channel using CAN RAW SEND, CAN RAW RECEIVE module.
• A discrete controller based on PID was designed to optimize the error signal between accelerator pedal and engine throttle position.
Fuel Injector Control using MotoTron Rapid Prototyping and Model based design
• Designed a fuel Injector control model based on offline data available for a four-stroke diesel engine using start of injection, RPM counts and injection duration, and refined a relation among them.
• MotoTron Rapid Prototyping System was used to program the ECU. Sensors were calibrated using MotoTune.
• Designed and validated a temperature compensation system to control the injection system using exhaust gas temperature between an optimal range.
Formula SAE Baja All-Terrain vehicle
• Head designer for the hydraulic brake system of the ATV for the SAE Baja 2015 competition.
• Helped the powertrain team in designing the CVT transmission and did Arc welding for the chassis of the car. Modeled an Intelligent Cruise Control System in Simulink
• Designed an intelligent cruise controller that maintains the speed of the vehicle at the desired value when no lead vehicle is close enough and controls headway distance from the lead vehicle when the distance is less than the threshold value.
• Modified the headway control to maintain the trailing distance from the lead vehicle that is three times the desired velocity of the vehicle using integral LQR model.
• Maintain a bump less transfer by resetting the integral values to the proper value when switching between the controller. Used Stateflow to control the switch between the velocity and headway controller. Professional Work Experience
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
DiversiTech General Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Indore May 2016 – April 2017
• Performed root cause analysis to improve product quality and process using different quality methods such as Kaizen, 5 Why, Worst of Worst – Best of Best and six sigma tools.
• Conducted metrology study to improve system design and tolerance to limit levels of craftsmanship.
• Carried reliability study for wear and tear of the tools and gauges to validate design changes. Manufacturing Engineering Intern
MAN Trucks India Pvt. Ltd., Indore May 2014 – August 2014
• Successfully mapped the quality management processes and assisted the supplier consolidation project to leverage cost and minimize losses.
• Created technical documents to standardize the manufacturing procedures.
• Worked extensively with cross functional teams to solve chronic issues affecting the product quality. Skills
Controls tools: MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, MotoHawk, CANalyzer, MuPAD, HiL, SiL, MiL testing, Vehicle Battery. Six Sigma tools: FMEA, PFMEA, Corrective actions, Control Plans, Kaizen, 5S, Fishbone diagram. Software: AUTOCAD, ProE 3.0, ANSYS, AMESim, Creo, Solidworks, Microsoft Office, DFMA. Data Analysis tools: Minitab, SAS, ANOVA, MS Excel, Statistical Process Control.