604-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org 115 William St. - 2, Kingston, ON K7L 2C7
– An enthusiastic professional who is charismatic, reliable, detail oriented, and has a standard of excellence for himself and his team.
– Energized to work in a high-achieving environment.
– Eager to continuously learn the best Human Resources practices from industry leaders.
– Expected to obtain CHRP by late 2019.
St. Lawrence College, Kingston, ON – Adv. Diploma, Human Resources 2018 - 2019
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON – B.A. (Hons), History/English 2014 - 2019
WORK AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
HR Analyst Intern, ESG Solutions January 2019 – Present
– Performed successful job analyses by interviewing company employees to learn about their positions in order to create new job descriptions for the company data base.
– Attentively assisted with the recruitment process by job shadowing hiring managers to expand personal recruitment skills and knowledge.
– Supported the Joint Health and Safety Committee by shadowing in JHSC meetings to provide employee insight to help improve company health and safety.
– Assisted HR professionals by interpreting company data into a presentable format using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to improve internal communication.
– Revamped ESG Solution’s Kingston guide to provide relevant and clear information to new employees relocating to Kingston, resulting in lower levels of new employee stress and higher job satisfaction.
– Created informative and attractive Health and Safety Monthly Newsletters on a variety of topics using Microsoft Publisher and Adobe PDF to promote a culture of ongoing health and safety at ESG.
Sales Associate, AOne Clothing January 2018 – January 2019
– Persuaded customers to buy outdoor athletic goods with a learned assortment of sales techniques that led to an increase in company sales.
– Served customers by providing products in an amicable manner that led to a high rate of customer satisfaction.
– Assisted colleagues during busy hours to teach product knowledge and company policy which improved overall company efficiency.
– Inventoried new product with precision by ensuring that order forms matched incoming shipments to maintain product organization.
Intramural Basketball Referee, Queen’s ARC September 2017 – April 2018
– Collaborated with a team of referees to officiate games and react to conflict in an utmost professional manner, which fostered a safe and enjoyable intramural environment for players of all skill levels.
– Supervised games in an efficient way to ensure that all scheduled games started and ended at appropriate times, improving player satisfaction and organizational effectiveness.
– Trained novice referees on league rules and professionalism through constructive criticism to produce better and more responsible referees.
– Recorded game statistics and injury reports with precision to ensure that accurate game information was sent to the department office, assisting administrative processes.
Archive Intern, Kingston Historical Society September 2017 – December 2017
– Inventoried archives with a team of interns to compartmentalize a collection of archives into specific compartments to create an organized archival room for the Kingston Historical Society and its users.
– Accurately identified a variety of archives and put them in their corresponding sections, ensuring that the archival organization was valid.
– Edited the archive spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel to make the archival search process more efficient, which made the archival room more user-friendly.
Tour Guide, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden May 2017 – August 2017
Vancouver, British Columbia
– Presented hour-long guided tours using strong public speaking skills and extensive knowledge of Chinese cultural history, which led to good public reviews on Trip Advisor.
– Applied general computer skills to work company POS system efficiently and improved overall customer satisfaction.
– Demonstrated high-quality interpersonal skills by consistently communicating with staff and customers regarding upcoming events, which maintained good organizational effectiveness.
Campus Outreach Executive, Queen’s for OOCH September 2016 – May 2018
– Recruited volunteers with enthusiasm to foster campus awareness, which expanded the club and raised additional funds for Camp Oochigeas and families struggling with childhood cancer.
– Contributed to the organization of multiple successful fundraising events by setting up event equipment, helping the team fundraise over $5000 for Camp Oochigeas.
– Advertised with a motivated executive team to promote multiple fundraising events through social media and community outreach with upmost enthusiasm, which led to club-high records for event participation and fundraising.