Ramon L. Mendoza
e-mail address: email@example.com
Objective: To work for any organization in Accounting and/or General Office Clerk positions and apply my past experiences in general office work, accounting, and proper recordkeeping in accordance with existing rules and regulations.
Experience: 2013 – June 2018 Rehabilitation Institute of Southern California Orange, CA Bookkeeper
● Prepares end-of-month financial reports for the Executive Director.
● Ensures accuracy of sick and leave accruals and available balances.
● Enters payroll information making sure all info made by provider are correct.
● Enters A/R, A/P, and daily cash deposits via SAGE software.
● Performs G/L entries in preparation for end-of-month closing in SAGE. 1997-2010 Carmichael International Service Los Angeles, CA Customs Import Broker Clerk
● Assessed tariff rates of imported merchandise especially wearing apparel, handbags, and other general goods for Customs clearance purposes.
● Initiated any Post Entry Amendments for Levi Strauss and submitted to Customs Administration Department for final review and preparation before filing with CBP.
● Drafted the SOP in accordance with CBP laws and coordinated with Levi Strauss during their re-organization and served as the point of contact on any questions from other branches & Levi’s Customs Department via formal written correspondence and verbal communication.
● Prepared billings (A/P & A/R) and researched any unresolved billing discrepancies.
● Resolved any unpaid invoices from carriers, forwarders, and consolidators.
● Followed up with responsible personnel making sure shipment pick-up and delivery are timely completed.
● Performed tasks accurately in a timely manner even under pressure.
● Worked in a customer-service oriented atmosphere. 1995-1997 USS Copeland (U.S. Navy Ship) San Diego, CA Division Supervisor (Leading Petty Officer)
● Managed subordinates by making sure that excellent service was provided to all ship’s personnel via vending machines, ship’s store, barbershop, and laundry.
● Maintained and accounted for all stores received, transferred, sales, and preparation for all types of inspections in accordance with all policies and regulations.
● Performed daily collections from the store, vending machines, dollar changers, and turned over the collections to the Disbursing Officer.
● Ensured store stock never ran out with proper inventory monitoring and planning with the application of first-in first-out inventory procedures in accordance with the Navy Resale policies and standards.
● Prepared financial statements and researched unresolved expenditures requested by the Navy Organization handling the revolving funds.
● Implemented weekly training programs on subjects pertaining to our line of work.
● Provided excellent customer service to the crew.
● Performed all Navy required security watches.
1992-1995 Defense Commissary Agency Barbers Pt., HI Accounting/Warehouse Supervisor
● Directly involved in the transition from a U.S. Navy Commissary into a unified military commissary.
● Primarily responsible for the application of the new computer software installed, which involved scanning merchandise and uploading into computer for purposes of ordering merchandise and posting accounting entries.
● Prepared reports pertaining to the sales and other numerical data to the Fleet Accounting and Disbursing Center.
● Instrumental in the proper compliance to all policies and procedures in the preparation for audit by the Inspector General.
● Calculated physical inventories for the Commissary Officer’s use in his reports.
● Assisted in off-loading merchandise received from vendors’ trucks.
● Always focused on service to the customers with proper pricing and a fully stocked store.
1985-1991 U.S. Navy Vessels Various
Seaman Recruit - Leading 2nd Class Petty Officer
● Maintained all records and accounted for all transactions in compliance with all rules and regulations.
● Performed daily collections from the store and vending machines.
● Ensured a fully stocked store with constant inventory monitoring and planning.
● Prepared financial statements and researched unresolved expenditures.
● Performed custodial and maintenance work for the ship.
● Provided excellent customer service to the crew. 1977-1981 Holy Angel University Angeles, Philippines
100 units in Management and Industrial Engineering 1999-2000 Citrus Community College Glendora, CA
Associate’s Degree with a GPA of 3.4 out of 4.0
2001-2005 Cal State Polytechnic University Pomona, CA
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0 Achievements and
● Awarded 4 Navy Achievement Medals and the “Sailor of the Quarter” for outstanding performance, exceptional skills, initiative, and resourcefulness as the Ship’s Store Bookkeeper and Supervisor.
● Awarded by Levi Strauss’ (client) Customs Compliance Department a Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding performance on 6/23/2008.
Above average knowledge in SAGE Business Solutions, Word, Excel, and Outlook Express. Basic knowledge in Access and Power Point.