SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST-SDET
Phone: 682-***-**** Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* ***** ** ********** ** Software Testing, Software Release Management and Quality Improvement Processes with almost 2 years of experience as SDET Engineer. Expertise in developing Test Cases, Test Plan and writing Automation test scripts using Selenium, Cucumber BDD, API testing using SoapUI, Mobile testing using Appium, UI testing with Protractor, Continuous Integration using Jenkins & current QA methodologies serving various domains such as Insurance, Agriculture, E-commerce, HealthCare and Finance. Worked Closely with Dev Team, BA Teams in providing Quality Output.
• Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments. Experience in implementing different automation development efforts in Agile/Scrum & Waterfall development environments.
• Worked on various open source tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Server, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Cucumber, Protractor, JAVA, JSON, Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, SoapUI, Postman, Rest Assured, JIRA, and SQL.
• Acquainted in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Tests. Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, and GUI testing.
• Expertise in Point of Sale Testing (POS) in both Software Testing and Hardware Testing.
• Developed critical metrics for effectively measuring and managing test deliverables and processes.
• Proficient in complete testing process of a given software application for different software releases, includes creation of test plans, test cases/test scripts by maintaining Quality procedures and standards to meet client's requirements and expectations
• Used Appium for testing native, hybrid and web mobile applications. Tested Mobile Apps on Android and IOS.
• Experience in Requirement analysis, Project effort estimation, Resource planning, monitoring the progress of the activities and application reviewing.
• Strong expertise in Agile with SCRUM lifecycles.
• Well acquainted with Selenium Synchronization Techniques like Implicit, Explicit, and Fluid Waits in the WebDriver.
• Automated regression test cases using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, Jenkins and Maven. Performed functional testing of enterprise restful Web Services using SoapUI. Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS in creating automation scripts. Configured application framework using excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI.
• Expertise in using different Navigation Commands and managing web-based popups using Alerts.
• Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments by executing tests in parallel through Selenium Grid, for cloud testing used Sauce Labs and reported defects/results to the team.
• Possess qualitative experience in testing on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA Testing) and JUnit testing, along with providing technical support assistance to developers in troubleshooting.
• Possess the expert level of understanding of WSDL, WADL, XSD, Schema, DTD, and XML documents for Web Services Testing (API Testing) using SoapUI, Java JSON, Postman, Rest Assured.
• Actively involved in Designing, implementing testing frameworks Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)and BDD using Selenium.
• Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber. Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
• Established working rapport with business partners to take a more ATDD approach. 100% Automation of
Business scenarios-Decreasing testing time significantly.
• Involved in End to End Testing of Angular 2 application using Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai and Karma.
• Used Appium for testing native, hybrid and web mobile applications. Tested Mobile Apps on Android and IOS.
• Strong understanding of TestNG Data Provider annotation to configure multiple datasets to implement Data Driven Testing in WebDriver.
• Inculcated Apache POI API with Selenium WebDriver to read and write data from Microsoft Excel.
• Trained and mentored offshore team on automation best practices and methods to improve reusability for regression testing.
• Responsible for developing the scripts to support Jenkins (CI) of the scripts with the build server
• Produced Quality Center and Excel metrics/reports from scheduled execution test run.
• Utilized SQL for test setup and data validation on Oracle, SQL Server databases also handled the tasks of designing and managing SQL Queries, Stored Procedure's and cursors and performed Database testing.
• Interpreted and converted manual test cases into automation Smoke and Regression Suites in Selenium Web driver in Java.
• Maintained the Selenium JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like CVS, SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features and resolved conflicts while merging source code to trunk or with other branches in the same.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously with a limited timeframe release cycle.
• Proficient knowledge in various types of software Testing such as Usability Testing (UT), Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Data Driven Testing, Regression Testing, Unit Testing, black box testing, white box testing and Integrated Testing.
• Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness using TestNG and JUnit reporting.
• Proficient in Defect analysis, performing Verification using walkthroughs, reviews, inspections also performed Validation activities using smoke, regression, functional, systems and UAT testing.
• Reviewed and transformed Business and User Story requirement documentation and created wireframes for stakeholder approval.
BACHELORS IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING FROM JNTUH 2010.
Test Approaches SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum,
Testing Tools Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Server, Selenium Grid, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, Protractor, Jasmine, Appium, Mocha, Chai, Karma, SoapUI, Postman, Groovy, Rest Assured, QC,
Test Build& Integration Tools Maven, ANT,
Frameworks Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), BDD, TDD
Markup Languages HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Databases MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Operating Systems Windows 7/8/10, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX, CentOS, Macintosh
Defect Tracking Tools HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, Bugzilla.
MS Office Tools Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path, IntelliJ
Mobile testing tools Perfecto Mobile, Appium
WORK EXPERIENCE PROJECTS
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Zurich Insurance Chicago, IL
March 2017- Till present
Description: Insurance solution application consists of multiple modules with Policy, Claims, Bill Review and Vendor Management. It serves as a single solution for all insurance transactions, including Policy underwriting, Claims Management, Billing, and Bill Review
Roles and Responsibilities:
Primary duties include System, Integration, Regression and Data testing for D2L (Desire to Learn) application in an Agile development environment, to include execution, defect tracking, reporting and test team coordination.
Secondary duties Process Integration/Interaction, JIRA project setup and maintenance (import test cases, create test cycles, execution, dashboard reporting) and interfacing directly with the end client
Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Development Engineer in Test(SDET), Defect life cycles(DLC) and Test Strategies from project definition to post-deployment.
Involved in developing of Data driven framework with Page Object Model to test the web application and used Maven build tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
Created Test Plan and wrote Test cases for each sprint.
Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG & Apache POI.
Used GIT-hub repository as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas and stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
Performed Cross Browser and parallel testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments using TestNG.
Implemented TestNG in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
Took the application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins, Maven and TestNG. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work.
Performed Integration and Regression Testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application and executed end-to-end testing.
Achieved Synchronization between test scripts execution and application using Implicit waits and Explicit waits.
Handled automation framework code re-factoring to support test suites reusable.
Actively participated in code reviews to increase test coverage.
Used JDBC to save and retrieve the policy pdf files using the policy database.
Performed Database testing, scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for the Test cases in different modules of the application.
Performed functional testing of SOAP and REST Web Services. Validated request and response XML, JSON. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and JSON in RESTFUL services.
Performed BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j using its components like loggers and appenders.
Involved in Weekly Status Meetings with development and management Teams.
Involved in Product Backlog, Sprint Planning, Sprint backlog, Daily Scrum Calls, Sprint demo, Retrospective Meetings.
Provided support to the client during UAT and regularly involved in client communication.
Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs using JIRA.
Worked closely with onsite team and worked on needed enhancements to the legacy platform.
Reported the test result using the output in excel files, TestNG reports, XSLT reports and Cucumber JVM reports.
Tested REST and SOAP Services by using SOAP UI tools and Rest Clients and validated the responses against the database.
Worked on web services testing using SOAPUI on SOAP Protocol, REST Protocol to check the communication between different web services and added assertions such XPath Query, Response SLA, Contains, not contains, Valid HTTP codes, Invalid HTTP Codes.
Experience in handling team and coordinating team with Offshore (Direct/manage).
Participated in concept and requirements definition meetings; provided feedback for functional and technical design documents.
Produced QA Level of Effort estimates and QA release schedules for projects.
Identified and documented product risks and project risks, and the severity and impact of those risks.
Well versed in Jira Agile - For Plan, Add User Stories, Add Task, Create Test Cases, Create Defects, and Iterations.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Server, Grid, Apache POI, Java, HTML, CSS, X-path, SQL, Maven, SOAPUI, Postman, Restful, JSON, Cucumber, Gherkin, Protractor, Mocha, Chai, TestNG, XML, Log 4j, Share point, Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Oracle.
Senior QA Automation Engineer at Kohl’s Milpitas, CA
August 2015 - February 2017
Description: Kohl's is a retail store specializing in apparel. The store has an ecommerce platform allowing customers to shop online using credit cards, gift cards and third-party gift cards. The main purpose of the project was to test Payment Gateway maintains smooth functionality and require POS mandates as put forth by major credit card companies such as VISA, Discover and MasterCard are implemented for compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver
Performed Manual Testing and then automated it by using Selenium. Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
Implemented Automated execution of tests using Maven and Jenkins.
Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Core Java using TestNG prior to agile release.
Experience in doing automation testing for Mobile application using Appium tool.
Located and Inspected Mobile App Elements using UI Android Automator on Android and Appium Desktop on IOS.
Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
Created test automation framework from scratch using Cucumber with Page Object Model (POM) using Java language. Developed User Stories using Java in Behavior Driven Development for User Acceptance Testing.
Identified the Elements using Appium Inspector. Configuring the Appium for the Mobile IOS using selenium
Configured Appium for the Mobile Android Native App using selenium.
Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
Extensively used Selenium locators like (XPath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
Tested request and response XML based Web Services interfaces using SOAPUI. Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAPUI.
Regression Test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver. Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in JIRA.
Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
REST API Automation using Java, Junit, TestNG, Jayway rest assured Maven dependencies, Junit, Maven, CI Jenkins (using BDD Gherkin Model) with JSON.
Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
Validated SOAP response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
Tested applications in distinct types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
QA Automation Engineer at Union Bank Atlanta, GA
November 2013 - May 2015
Description: Throughout the country, Union Bank is one of the Largest bank by market capitalization and by assets. I am part of QA team from Offshore and Worked in multiple areas of Testing such as Web Application Automation, Mobile Automation, and Cross Browser Automation. Develop regression suites for multiple applications based on requests from individual application teams
Roles and Responsibilities:
Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated Testing.
Review and analyze the application of Loan IQ strategic enhancements at Union Bank
Develop Use Cases for Trade scenarios including Loan processes and workflows
Perform testing and verification of Loan IQ data where complex mathematical Utilization and Availability calculations are performed
Prioritized Test Cases according to Sprints. Handled and Supported team in frameworks design and troubleshooting.
In Selenium automation, I worked closely with development team (Agile) to create Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit, Maven and TestNG.
Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
Developed automation scripts for Native Mobile applications (IOS, Android) using Java.
Developed Data driven test framework in Selenium WebDriver by reading test data from Excel file using Apache POI.
Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Java.
Developed Data Driven Framework, Page Object Model from scratch using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG and defined dependencies using Maven.
Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation.
Involved in GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
Worked in Agile development environment with frequently changing requirement and feature set and Participated in daily SCRUM meeting.
Performed web services Testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, Jsonwq files.
Assisted in writing Test Cases in JBehave, which is a framework for Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
Conducted end-to-end Testing on applications and technology, to ensure that business, technical, functional requirements met throughout the SDLC. Performed Regression Testing, GUI Testing, and Cross Browser Compatibility Testing during the releases and communicated with the developers to resolve any technical issues
Maintained code version using GIT version control.
Followed Sprint Burn Down Chart, Release Burn down Chart and attended Agile Sprint Meeting.
Implemented Test Driven Development(TDD) approach for Mobile Testing with Appium.
Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites
Logged and managed defects using JIRA defect management tool.
Involved in creating automation test scripts using selenium, cucumber built on Eclipse IDE
Closely worked with developers to troubleshoot defects using Splunk logs and tail the application logs (for any exceptions) while Testing
Performed Backend Testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the backend.
Performed Postman (Manually) and JMeter (automation) tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
QA Analyst at Cipla Hyderabad, India
December 2011 to October 2013
Description: Cipla pitches pharmaceutical drugs to different makers and individual care products. They are the world's biggest producer of antiretroviral drugs. I am part of the QA team for implementing Test Scenarios involving various Modules such as Billing, Claims and Finance. Developed Test Cases supporting EDI’s and performed Regression, Black Box, Smoke, Sanity in Java, SubVersion, Quality Center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Involved in developing a health care billing and patient data warehouse with data from heterogeneous sources.
Identified customer EDI claim needs, specifications, enrollment deadlines and testing of claim data prior to live claims transmission.
Performed end to end testing on Revenue Cycle Management System.
Expertise in working with market Prominence in compliance with CMS and HIPAA requirements.
Reviewed Vendor Audit Report summarizing the SDLC approach and methodologies.
Communicate risk and compliance issues regarding EDMS validation and vendor audits to Management.
Prepared Validation Plan after reviewing Functional Requirements of Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
Responsible for creating test cases to check the Installation, Operational and Performance Qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) for the application challenging the system to ensure it meets the approved changes to the new and regression functional requirement and generated report for the same.
Assisted in writing and analyzing Validation Registry for the system to check all activities have been completed in time line and deliverables are reviewed and approved.
Extensively used SQL queries to verify or extract the data from the database.
Good working knowledge of the entire Validation Life Cycle including development and execution of the entire QA process and responsible for developing and documentation of Test Cases and Test Scripts.
Create and implemented Test Plan, Test Scripts based on the Software Requirement Specification
Generated Test Scenarios, Test Case and Test Data and executed test scripts to test the functionality of the application and regression testing through Quality Control(QC)
Uploading the test cases from the Excel sheet to the test manager using Test Case Migration Tool
Involved in Smoke testing, Sanity testing, White box testing and Black box testing
Logging the defects, assigning the bugs to the developers and coordinated with developers in closing the bugs
Automated projects and maintained the logs and reports
Automated Regression Suite of Test cases using Eclipse, JAVA and designed a framework for easy maintenance of scripts
Logged the exceptions occurred with appropriate messages using log4j
Testing the SOAP Web services using SOAP UI tool which takes the WSDL file as input
Implemented unit test cases using JUnit to achieve white box testing
Implemented Data Driven Test using Test Data in Excel sheet
Using SQL, wrote complex queries to test the produced output
Used Sub Version, JIRA for version control and project management
Environment: Java, Quality Center, Jira, HTML, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, XML, Apache-Subversion, Excel, SQL, Windows XP.
Software Developer at Flipkart Hyderabad, India
June 2010 to November 2011
Roles and Responsibilities:
Involved in analysis and design of the application.
Prepared the detailed design document for the project.
Involved in developing the application using J2EE architecture.
Involved in API development using Core Java concepts and developed the code per functional requirement.
Developed code Using Eclipse for integrated development environment.
Created cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant CSS-based page layouts.
Designed and developed Servlets to communicate between presentation and business layer.
As a developer, coordinated with onsite team and client in understanding the business process and requirement understanding.
Used JMS in the project for sending and receiving the messages on the queue.
Developed the Servlets for processing the data on the server.
Used JDBC for database connectivity with MySQL Server and used the JDBC for data retrieval from the database for various inquiries.
Designed SQL queries and Stored Procedures for data accessing.
Involved in the team discussions regarding the Modeling, Architectural and Performance issues.
Maintained versions using CVS tool to merge code, check in and checkout the data.
Participated in Code Review and Quality Assurance.
Analyzed defects and fixed problems and Involved in peer review of test results.
Performed testing of the application (Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing).
Involved in writing and reviewing unit test cases using JUnit.