Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE, MTCE
Versatile, Top-Notch Network, Voice, Wireless and Systems Engineer
Blandon, PA 19510
Innovative, mission oriented Systems, Networking and Voice Professional with a penchant for driving rapid growth companies to the next level through cutting-edge technology solution implementation. Champion of disruptive, cost-effective, and state-of-the-art technologies leading to faster implementation and ROI. Customer focused, quality driven Engineer focused on Innovation. Powerful, cross-industry and cross-functional skills with a record of accomplishment of working individually and on teams whose projects drive organizational success and increased revenue streams. Proven abilities to transform, and think out of the box, customer desires to winning solutions. Delivers top-notch, cost-effective, technology-based, solution methodologies centered on the enhancement of operations in order to contribute to project completion and overall profitability. Specialties
• Customer Retention & Satisfaction
• Team Player
• Versatile Troubleshooter
• Technology Process Improvements
• Vendor Compliance
• Infrastructure & Managed Services
• On-Time Delivery and Project Fulfillment
• Cost Reductions & Budgets
• Cisco, Adtran, Mikrotik & Ubiquiti hardware
• Watchguard, Fortinet and Cisco firewalls
• Quality of Service (QoS)
• Virtual Private Network (VPN) Technologies
• Asterisk PBX & Voice over IP (VoIP)
• Fixed Wireless Broadband, FCC Licensing
• Network Design, Documentation, Administration
• Radio Mobile & other RF mapping tools
• Systems Design and Software Engineering
• Emergency Preparedness and Communications
WiFi Engineer/XfinityWifi Advanced Wireless Services NCS Technologies/Comcast October 2017 – August 2018 Tier 3 engineer providing support and trouble resolution for the Comcast Xfinity WiFi network. Act as facilitators when outages occur bringing all necessary groups in to resolve the issue(s). Come up with out of the box solutions to provide a good customer experience. Update documentation on group Wiki platform. Interface with multiple groups within Comcast regarding the XfinityWifi platform. Troubleshooting in the field using Netscout devices. Analyze tickets received to see If there are any trends that may need escalation/resolution. Part of a Tiger team resolving numerous issues regarding Opt-In/Out for public hotspots. Identified numerous issues with billing platforms & related databases; led group to resolve these issues. Tools Splunk, Scout, Kibana, Slack, Haystack. Technical Design Architect/Onsite Network Engineer Experis/Manpower-BT Americas February 2016 – March 2017 Onsite Contract Network Engineer for worldwide manufacturer of farm and industrial construction equipment. CISCO centric managed network including wireless, routers, switches, and firewalls. Maintain and support local network also including Siemens and Polycomm IP Phones. Worked closely with various Helpdesks in troubleshooting problems. Improved, maintained, and made consistent, documentation for local and remote sites. Resolved numerous Wi-Fi issues relating to phantom and rogue access points. Researched Fixed Wireless vendors for one location in Arizona that incumbent telco could not service so we could deploy service to them. Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE, MTCE Page 2
Versatile and Diverse Multi-Faceted Telecommunications Engineer Data Services Engr Tech I (Network Engr)-DataTAC / Network Analyst I-NOC Enterprise SOC PAETEC/Windstream October 2008 – September 2015
Versatile Tier 2 engineering technician in managed services groups (DataTAC and Enterprise Security Operations Center) in this CLEC.
• Member of the DataTAC escalation team, increasing customer satisfaction/retention with Windstream/PAETEC, while providing first-class and timely resolution of issues.
• Almost 100 Focused Recognitions from customers, & peers, for jobs performed. OWNed issues. Collaborated, took lead, with other peer groups getting customer issues resolved. Results were high customer satisfaction, retaining and converting many angry customers.
• Audited Watchguard CPE firewalls and relicensed them with Watchguard directly (saving company thousands on license renewals over each of last three years) while customers were migrated to Fortinet platform. Maintained operation of old management platform during retirement and migration.
• Published three documents, internally, for my peers from customer issues resolved: o Duplicated Networks with Fortinet firewalls and Remote VPN dialups o Social Networks and Fortigate Web Filters
o Fortigate Site-2-Site VPNs with Meraki Remote Peer
• Managed and supported Watchguard CPE, Fortinet CPE and Cloud firewalls, as well as Cisco network- based firewalls. Trained on Fortinet CPE and Cloud products and Watchguard products.
• Monitored and managed customer premise equipment (CPE) routers (Cisco, Adtran), CPE firewalls
(Watchguard), various servers & other network equipment remotely & located in our colocation facilities. Network, Voice, Wireless, Systems Engineer and Technical Consultant BackWoods Wireless November 2005 - Present
Hands-on, diverse, technical consultant providing cost-effective technologies and top-notch support.
• Spoke via Skype, to graduate class in Crisis Communications at the New York Institute of Technology, focusing on Community Involvement in Emergency Preparedness.
• Volunteered, designed, installed, and managed multi-vendor, mixed wired and wireless network including Asterisk IP PBX (Incredible PBX distro), VoipNOW (multi-tenant Asterisk) and 3CX, for local synagogue. Deployed PBX in cloud on Digital Ocean. Significantly cut all telecommunications costs over the last nine years. Devices were Mikrotik routers, Ubiquiti WiFi, Grandstream & Siemens IP Phones and soft phone clients on smartphones. Had to work around Comcast blocking of SIP traffic with alternate SIP and RTP ports to restore and maintain service. Setup VLANs, QoS & special traffic management rules in Watchguard firewall, to improve network and voice traffic. Setup VPNs for remote access to eliminate Logmein & Teamviewer.
• Sold & provided remote technical support for Watchguard firewalls for multinational company (U.S./India).
• Sold, designed, and installed multi-vendor, mixed wired and fixed wireless network for local Alpaca farm. Devices included Airlive pan-tilt-zoom IP cameras, networked digital video recorder, Mikrotik routers, Ubiquiti Wi-Fi access points and backhauls.
• Collaborated on design and testing of network infrastructure for new local startup: o VoIP and Data
Routing (Static, OSPF, BGP)
Quality of Service (QoS)
o Multiple VPN technologies (IPsec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, etc.) o User Access and Authentication: RADIUS
o Multi-vendor solutions including:
Mikrotik, Fortigate and Watchguard devices
• PBX in a Flash / Incredible PBX
• 3CX, Wazo/XiVO, VoIPNow, Elastix, VitalPBX/Ombutel, Issabel, FreePBX o Multiple vendors for IP phones/ATAs:
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE, MTCE Page 3
Versatile and Diverse Multi-Faceted Telecommunications Engineer
o Researched & tested VM Virtualizers:
o Fixed Wireless vendors
o Researched CALEA compliance and implementation.
o Wireshark packet capture and analysis
• Beta tester for new services for local cable provider.
• Beta tested new Grandstream Products
IBM and Lenovo Business Partners, Watchguard, 3CX, Grandstream and AVG Reseller. Systems Engineer
Bluemont Networks July 2006 - October 2008
Provided technical and customer support, from scheduling installations to troubleshooting problems, for Fixed Wireless Internet Service and Voice over IP provider, while working remotely from home office.
• Researched & negotiated with vendors; network administration & design in a mixed vendor network.
• Handled FCC Part 90 licensing, WLAN backhaul and last mile design and site surveys with Radio Mobile and other mapping tools.
• Supported Asterisk IP PBX, Mikrotik hardware and RouterOS, Alvarion and Trango hardware.
• Created marketing and sales brochures, as well as published content for our training courses.
• Tested and setup on-line (virtual) training (Moodle, GoToMeeting, elluminate Live).
• Traveled to home office to assist with installations, network maintenance, training and sales. Volunteer
New York Institute of Technology October 2015, January 2018 Spoke remotely, via Skype, to graduate class in Crisis Communications at the New York Institute of Technology, focusing on Community Involvement in Emergency Preparedness including how Amateur Radio Communications is paramount during emergencies. Explained relationships between various public safety and emergency management organizations. How those organizations interact with the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) and the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES). Discussed my first-hand involvement in RACES and ARES when I lived in South Florida in the 1990s. Discussed how amateur radio provided communications during the multiple events in 2017. Network, Voice and Telecommunications Management
Chabad Lubavitch of Berks County January 2008 - Present See BackWoods Wireless above.
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE, MTCE Page 4
Versatile and Diverse Multi-Faceted Telecommunications Engineer Certifications and Licenses
iNARTE Certified Master Telecommunications Engineer iNARTE License E1-00874
August 1985 to August 2019
Mikrotik Certified Engineer
Mikrotik License USBMT200708012007
FCC General Radiotelephone License
Federal Communications Commission License PG0218121 September 1971 FCC Advanced Class Amateur Radio License
Federal Communications Commission License WA4ZLW September 1971 Patents
Vending Machine with Self-Contained Limited Access Microwave United States Patent 5,209,373 Issued 1992
Inventors: Leon Zetekoff, et al
Antenna Selection for Wi-Fi Deployments
Webinar, July 2017
Mysteries of Wi-Fi Roaming Revealed
Webinar, June 2017
Florida Atlantic University
Bachelor of Applied Science, Computer Systems
Activities and Societies: Student Assistant for Data Center, President, Amateur Radio Club, Producer for weekly radio news program on FAU, Audio Director for Student Television Honors and Awards
Certificate for Hurricane Floyd Communications, Palm Beach Amateur Radio Council, West Palm Beach, Florida Certificate for Valuable Service in Support of Emergency Preparedness, Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management, West Palm Beach, Florida
Certificate of Appreciation for Valuable Service in support of Palm Beach County during 1997 Simulated Hurricane Drill, Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management, West Palm Beach, Florida Groups and Associations
• International Association of Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics
• Wireless Internet Service Providers Association
• Lehigh Valley Professionals Group
• Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
• Amateur Radio Emergency Service
• American Radio Relay League
• Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation
• Quarter Century Wireless Association
• Society of Broadcast Engineers