Apopka, FL 32712 firstname.lastname@example.org 407-***-**** SENIOR DISTRIBUTED OPERATOR PORTABLE STORAGE ANALYST - PROJECT MANAGER Project Manager with extensive IT experience. Demonstrated success in the areas of: computer networking, analytical thinking and creative problem solving. Proven ability to apply customer service concepts to IT to improve user experience for clients, employees and administration. PROFESSSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Portable Storage Analyst - Project Manager, Boulder, CO & Orlando, FL (2012-2018) Managed the security of physical data media at the IBM Boulder data center. This included both the commercial and IBM internal accounts which spanned more than 60 vendors and 3 peer IBM PSM Analyst.
• Served as both a project manager and duty manager by managing day to day activities and addressing any issues found within operations. Additionally, drove continual improvement projects to improve our quality and mitigate audit exposures.
• Reviewed contract requirements and Security documents for PSM related security requirements, monitoring storage requests for tape loads and unload requests, managing scratch counts.
• Ordered media on behalf of accounts, guaranteeing proper inventory and security controls, and ensuring accurate retention of all related communications for process and audit compliance.
• Certified PSM activities to ensure they were compliant to the highest of quality standards, and that any audit or disaster request could be responded to in an accurate and timely manner.
• Demonstrated personal accountability by identifying and escalating any PSM anomaly discovered through day to day interactions within PSM environments. This included all aspects of PSM, Delivery, Central Inventory Team, Vendors, Internal Audit Team, Vendor Management, across the entire portfolio of PSM accounts, in addition to the accounts assigned.
• Worked under the Lean manufacturing or lean production
• Successfully managed more than 30 customer accounts which improved customer satisfaction and increased revenue.
NetBackup Administrator, Boulder, CO (2011-2012)
• Supported Honeywell and Spirit AeroSystems as a GDF Rhythm Level Administrator.
• Communicated backup support failures daily to Senior Level NetBackup Administrators as well as troubleshot low level failures.
DSM OPS Computer Operator/Level 2 Cendant - Galileo (1999-2011) Denver Tech Center
• Successfully distributed operations supporting/monitoring Windows and Linux OS devices for many high-level companies like Raytheon, focusing on detail, applying strong analytical and problem solving skills and using a high level of technical experience in Operational Support.
• For the Cendant Accounts 2nd level Ops, used Unix based sudo commands on Linux servers to troubleshoot and or reboot if needed as well as cycling Galileo Efares applications that were used in the Airline Ticketing world.
• Ticketing/Change Applications used in Operations: ManageNow Maximo, Impact, Remedy, Orbit-Galileo
COMP USA, HQ, Addison, TX 1996 - 1999
Network Operations Center Analyst
• Diagnosed troubles identified by network monitoring and worked to resolve issues.
• Worked with various internal and external third parties (engineers, provisioners, infrastructure vendors, customers and developers) to narrow down problems and achieve resolution.
• Protected services around internal and external network maintenance events. The events were managed from testing through completion, coordinating closely with Store Manager's to verify status of a feed/verify status of a connection in the nodes.
• Logged into Unix RS/6000 servers to troubleshoot individual store connectivity issues ultimately either working with WAN or LAN putting on a dialer backup so the Store's POS system could continue ringing up Customers and obtaining sales/money.
• Worked as part of a team to deliver concise shift handovers, daily run down reports to ensure that all active tickets were processed.
• Initiated 24/7 operations, performing low level Unix support which cut down on the paging out of the Unix Team to troubleshoot backup issues for the local HQ Unix servers. TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Operating System Knowledge: Usage and some support on the following:
• Windows 3.1 - 10 Pro 1803
• Mac early System - macOS
• Sierra Linux Redhat Enterprise
• NetWare OS/2 Solaris
Business Applications Knowledge: End user knowledge in the following:
• Symantec NetBackup
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
• Trained yearly on ITAR and HIPPA
• IBM Internal courses on Agile methodologies
• Certified in Symantec Netbackup
• High School Diploma, Plano Senior High School, Plano, Texas