G. Mitchell Davis
Tampa, FL USA *****
DATA/DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Digital-platform focused with a strong passion for emerging technology. Extensive professional use of both Microsoft Windows and Apple products. Expertise in troubleshooting Hardware and Software issues. Responsible for product support, sales support, training, and demonstration. Understanding of Network Protocols and Services, Internet Protocols, File Transfer Protocols, TCP/IP, Telnet, and Wireless Networks. Unique blend of knowledge and experience with technology and multimedia operations, combined with a working understanding of hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals and networks allows me to articulate complex concepts in plain easy-to-understand terms. Core Competencies:
• Expertise across all Apple hardware product lines, IOS, OS X, Apple Watch OS, Apple TV and iPod devices.
• Proficient in implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows.
• Excellent knowledge of operating systems including Google Chrome OS.
• Identify hardware and software requirements to custom design a system that best serves the customer’s needs, assisting in implementation, customizing, and integrating with any existing programs and legacy data files.
• Set up hardware and peripherals, including printers, scanners, external drives, etc., and configure them onto the network with modems, routers and switches.
• Install software and operating system to specification of user, including firewalls, security, anti-virus, malware applications to secure and protect devices and networks.
• Designed, configured and installed a Cloud based application to facilitate file hosting, data storage and delivery of over 200,000 digital files, and time sensitive images.
• Set up of file backup system to ensure that user’s data is securely backed up.
• Provide new users with overview and orientation of system basics, articulating complex issues in a manner that is easily comprehended by non-tech-savvy users.
PC Hardware maintenance
New Horizons Computer Learning Center; Tampa, FL CYBER SECURITY PROFESSIONAL 2018
(Certifications in Pursuit*)
• CompTIA Network+ CE*
• CompTIA Security+ CE*
• CompTIA A+ CE*
• ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking
Google – Premium Retail Services – St. Petersburg, FL June 2016 – December 2017 Google Regional Sales Manager/ Market Specialist
• Responsible for all aspects of client product support including but not limited to training, sales support, merchandising and demonstration.
• Instructed Best Buy Staff and Geek Squad Agents in using and setting up the new Google Chrome Operating System for the Google Chromebooks.
• Educated Best Buy Staff on the “Google Home” voice-activated device, an artificial intelligence Digital Assistant. G. Mitchell Davis • Tampa, FL USA 33614 ● 813-***-**** • www.mitchelldavis.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Set up all software that is necessary for the Google Home to work seamlessly as a digital assistant.
• Google Chrome, Google Search, Google Translate, YouTube, Google Play Music, Streaming service Google Chromecast, Google VR, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Docs, Slides and Google Drive. Apple, Inc.
– St. Petersburg, FL
Mar 2015 – June 2016 Senior Technical Advisor at AppleCare
• Provided remote Technical troubleshooting and resource guidance & referral support to customers and Tier 1 Junior Advisors at AppleCare.
• Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes accounts to hardware product lines and multiple operating systems, including iOS, OS X, Apple Watch OS.
• Followed Apple Protocols to securely verify user’s iCloud and iTunes accounts.
• Apple Telephone Support AHA “At Home Advisor” for ISO Software 200 + calls per day.
• Troubleshot customer’s issues with Apple Phones, iPads and iPods.
• Cross platform support for Apple products such as iTunes, which operate on both Apple OS X and Microsoft’s Windows environments.
• Working knowledge of all Apple Software: iOS, OS X, Apple Watch OS, Apple Pages, iMovie and Numbers. The Home Depot
– St. Petersburg, FL
Apr 2013 – February 2015 Merchandising Execution Associate
• Provided in-depth Customer service and in-store merchandising
• Managed special merchandising projects, planogram maintenance, overhead organization of display/signage and maintenance designed to enhance the customer experience.
• Built & maintained strong relationships fostering associate team building to achieve superior customer service, both internal & external.
Best Buy – Geek Squad
– Tampa, FL Sept 2012 - Mar 2013 Operational Agent and Customer Service
• Provided Technical support for Apple & Windows computers.
• Troubleshot hardware & software related issues.
• Repaired Customer’s devices. Installed power supplies, hard drive, video, audio cards and peripherals.
• Set up and installed programs such as Trend Micro or Kaspersky for Virus Protection.
• Implemented network configurations, software install and established user accounts. Photography by G. Mitchell Davis
– Tampa, FL Oct 1990 – May 2016 Professional
• Developed a full turnkey operation as a professional photographer working closely with professional music artists, producing large scale shoots for magazines and advertising agencies.
• Established a cloud-based photo image bank of over 200,000 images, for a 25,000-seat arena to enable seamless transfer & easy download of images into multiple formats for clients in 2007.
• Have produced and/or collaborated on projects including commercial DVD’s, print ads, websites, and interactive presentations.
International Academy of Design & Technology
– Tampa, FL A.S., Interactive Media Design graduated cum laude, Overall Winner, Student Competition and Portfolio Review Brooks Institute of Photography
– Santa Barbara, CA Undergraduate work in photography
Brevard Community College
A.S., Commercial Photography