Maureen Marquez, Surgical Technologist Objective: Provide a safe, efficient environment for the patient as a Surgical Technologist. Develop and improve skills in assisting the surgeon and the organization of work.
Amn @ Nassau University Medical Center
Long Island, NY 8/2017-11/2018
●Provided safe and adequate care for the patient
●Performed scrub duties under the supervision of registered nurse
●Assisted in specialties of general, gynecology, urologist, and orthopedic
●Performed as a preceptor for staff and new hires
●Assisted in creating vascular trays and team
Rx Nurses @ New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 02/2017-05/2017 Surgical Technologist
• Prepared the OR for a variety of Ambulatory surgeries. • Assisted with transporting, positioning, and draping the patient appropriately. • Provide safe and adequate care for the patient. • Responsible for instruments, sponges, and needle counts before, during, and after the surgery. • Maintained the surgical field in a clean and sterile manner to protect patient health and prevent infection.
Cross Country @ New York-Presbyterian-Queens, Queens, NY 07/2016-02/2017 Surgical Technologist
• Assisted in OR with Robotic, General, Urology, Thoracic, Colorectal, OBGYN and Vascular surgeries. • Sterilized instruments prior to surgery. • Provided Pre and post-op assistance. • Attended surgical planning and preparation meetings. • Prepared the Operating Room for surgery.
White Glove @ Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 04/2016-07/2016 Surgical Technologist
• Assisted in OR with Thoracic, General, Urology, and Vascular surgeries. • Planned and implemented complex procedures and collaboration with surgical team • Provided support for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures. • Handled instruments, supplies, and equipment during surgical procedures.
Rn Network @ Mount Sinai Beth Israel, New York, NY 03/2015-12/2016 Surgical Technologist
• Assisted in the OR with Orthopedic, General, Urology, and Podiatry surgeries. • Provided patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. • Performed scrub duties, which facilitated the work of the surgeon.
Orlando Regional HealthCare, Orlando, FL 06/2007-03/2015
Surgical Technologist • Assisted in specialties of Thoracic, Vascular, Trauma, Burns, General, Colorectal, Urology, Orthopedic, Endo Stents and Robotic surgeries. • Provided patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. • Maintained and set up patient rooms. • Functioned as a member of the surgical team. • Performed scrub duties, which facilitated the work of the surgeon. • Anticipated the needs of the surgical team. • Performed as a preceptor for new hires and students.
Exempla Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO 02/2004-06/2007 Surgical Technologist
• Assisted the OR with Vascular, General, Colorectal, and Urology surgeries. • Assisted with surgical planning and preparation meetings. • Prepared Operating Room for Surgery. • Decontaminated instruments and tracked inventory. Education: Concorde Career Institute, Aurora, CO 2002-2003 Certified Surgical Technologist (Exp. 10/2020)