ROBERT C. PLOWE
I am a career IT professional with experience in implementation of large multi-node enterprise networks to support customers in the domestic market. Specialized in project team efforts to maintain and deploy hardware and software configurations to meet current company and industry standards.
Global Knowledge: CISCO - CCNA, ICND1, ICND2, Nortel Magellan - Operations, ATM, Frame Relay, Tandem NonStop systems. World Wide TechServices: Dell, HP
World Wide TechServices June 2014-Present
Provide warranty field repair of Dell and HP laptop, desktop and printers for commercial and private customers.
Marshal Resources Inc. March 2013 – 2017
On contract Data Center support for HP (Tandem) Non-Stop S series Systems. Part Time
Provide on-call field support for data center clients to maintain and repair Non-Stop servers.
INSIGHT GLOBAL Feb 2012 – 2012(6 months)
• NAC 802.1x On contract to Hewlet Packard
- Provide configuration, verification, testing, trouble shooting, and reporting support for roll out of Network Access Control for the Bank of America enterprise and banking center networks.
INDEPENDENT IT CONSULTANT August 2006 – Present
• Desktop and network services to home and small office clients
- Installed network in home and small office environments including VPN and Wi-Fi
- Create and publish WEB sites for small business clients
BANK OF AMERICA, Concord, CA 1986 – 2006(20 years)
ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS/Network Engineer
LAN Refresh project
- Upgraded Cisco hardware, IOS, and configurations to meet current Bank of America Standards.
- Prepared Router /Switch configuration and implementation scripts
Heritage Decommission project
-Engineered decommission of large NET IDNX T1 100+ node enterprise network. Engineered migration of legacy token ring, serial connected users to routed network using STUN, DLSW, DLUS/DLUR
BANK OF AMERICA, Concord, CA
Consulting Systems Engineer (1996 – 2003)
1Engineered Changes to meet bandwidth requirements on large multi-node Nortel Passport Network. Ordered T1, DS3 and OC3 circuits as required.
Advisory Systems Engineer (1986 – 1996)
1System Engineer supporting Tandem NonStop midrange computers.