Hesham Alsayed Allam, PMP
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, (Willing to relocate).
E-mail : email@example.com, Skype: firstname.lastname@example.org Result-oriented Project Management Professional, years of experience with a proven record of achievement in implementing multi-billion Residential, Commercial, Educational, Hotel, Water Supply, Stormwater drainage networks & Infrastructural Projects, With reputable Contractor and Engineering management companies. Approved by MOI, MHE, MOE, MOH, and other Firms.
Dynamic, versatile, goal-oriented and results-driven, PMP Certified with versatile experience in the field of Project Management with reputed Contracting & Management Consulting Companies in KSA and Egypt. Well versed in all aspects of construction and project management, supervision, planning, contracting, cost estimation, agreements, claims, variation orders, continuous development, decision making and problem-solving...etc. Possess a long track record with large organizations of ensuring timely delivery of large multiple construction projects in multi-locations simultaneously from initialization, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling until closure, with large organizations. The ability to manage and influence stakeholder expectations successfully and to provide strategic leadership for managing high-end projects while meeting scope, schedule, resource and budget commitments, Good thorough understanding of critical path methodology, time impact analysis, and cost variance/control. Earned reputation by Directing a cross-functional & cultural team.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
A GLANCE OF SIGNIFICANT HIGHLIGHTS
Management of projects in the large-scale Managing consulting companies in KSA, for examples:
Italconsult SpA JV Proger International, Riyadh, KSA: o Managing of 4 projects valued more than 2 billion SAR, Includes Infrastructure works valued about 500 million SAR which Includes (4 Water networks, 4 Drainage networks, 4 Pump station, 3 Treatment station, 3 Tunnels, Roads, Storm water drainage networks, MV lines, and LV networks).
Otaishan Consulting Engineers Riyadh, KSA:
o Managing two 5 Stars hotels on the seashore in Khobar City. o Managing of a subprogram consisted of 26 projects in the Riyadh City, valued at about 600 million SAR.
Khatib & Alami, Riyadh, KSA:
o Managing of Sub-Program contains 59 projects simultaneously in Riyadh Area valued about 2.25 billion SAR.
Management the Construction in the large-scale Contracting & Rail state companies in Egypt and KSA:
The Specialized Contracting Company, Jeddah, KSA: o The implementation of 7 urgent Hotels simultaneously (3 basements + Mezzanine + 14 floors) in the central Area around Prophet Muhammad's Masjid, they joined the service in two consecutive seasons of Hajj seasons.
The Egyptian Company for Construction (EGYPCO), Cairo, Egypt: o Under my management, the EGYPCO Company classification is raised from level 4 to level 1 in only 5 years. o Successfully achieved the highest progress and highest quality among the other companies within the planned budgets and Time.
The Arab Contractors (Othman Ahmed Othman & Co.), Cairo, Egypt: o Implemented many of the vital and critical projects that were a direct assignment to the company from the government as due to their highest national importance. Program/Project Management Optimum Resource Allocation Construction Management Contract Claims and Variation Orders Quality Assurance and control Time/Material Management Communication & Interpersonal Skills Cost Control, Finance, & Budgeting Client & Contract Negotiation Contractor/Subcontractor Management Team Building & Leadership skills Crisis Management Conflict & Alternate Dispute Resolution Strategic Planning & Scheduling Change Management 2
Italconsult SpA, JV Proger International, Riyadh, KSA Area Manager (Senior Project Manager)- KAP4 Program: Mar 2015 – July 2018 Key Accomplishments:
Instrumental in commanding 4 projects simultaneously, valued more than 2 Billion Riyals owned by The Ministry of Interior, Security Planning, and Development Agency. o General Directorate of Passports Project valued 0.60+Billion SAR, includes 150 million Infrastructure works. o General Directorate of Prisons Project valued 0.60+Billion SAR, includes 150 million Infrastructure works. o G.D. of Special Security Force Project valued 0.6+Billion SAR, includes 150 million Infrastructure works. o Special Security Force Dormitories Project valued 0.230+Billion SAR, includes 50 million Infrastructure works.
(All Infrastructure work includes Stormwater drainage networks) Key Responsibilities:
• Leading a projects team and main contractors with the responsibility of executing and delivering the projects and ensuring that all project activities comply with contractual documents, specifications, projects milestones and client requirements.
• Developing, and simplify the project management tools & techniques, methodologies, procedures, and processes, to achieve project objectives, policies, performance standards.
• Comply with the client priorities and responding appropriately, through proactive communication with client representative on a day to day progress, issues and Risks if any.
• Reporting to the top management and the Client regarding Progress, Risks, issues, and the changes in stakeholder requirement about the projects on a regular basis to appraise project against the client targets.
• Conducting sites visits, sites meetings and periodical progress review meetings to understand and ensure work progress as per approved schedule and quality to give an advanced resolving for issues or Risks which may hamper the project.
• Ensuring meeting Client and Projects objectives by updating the forecasting of requirements, Schedule, budget, risks, issues, and Stakeholder expectations, then analyzing the reasons for slippages and variances if any and initiating measures to overcome the delays and achieving targets as per projects planning by applying the protective and corrective actions.
• Building cohesive engineering teams able to accomplish large-scale projects. Effectively manage project team conflicts, fostering collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitating commitment and decision-making.
• Evaluated all project related documents/drawings and ensure their availability at work site, Encouraged Technical team personnel to review design drawings, all contractual documents, and packages early during projects to eliminate rework.
• Provided approvals regarding shop drawings and materials submitted by the contractors and reviewed by the technical team.
• Monitoring of the overall project Plans to ensure authorities approvals, all project constraints and deadlines are met concerning to rescheduling early start dates for the main construction activities to Establishing actual estimates, budgets and construction progress for the clients and developing construction strategy to complete the project. Otaishan Consulting Engineers, Riyadh, KSA
Projects Manager (Senior Project Manager): Jun 2011- Feb 2015 Key Accomplishments:
o Directed and managed two 5 Stars hotels simultaneously in Khobar City – Sawary Real Estate Company, one contains hotel rooms, and the other includes hotel suites.
o Housing Project for members of teaching Authority - Ministry of Higher Education - Hafr Al-Batin. o Tatweer Company for buildings Project (Riyadh): Managing and executing sub-program which consists of 26+projects Implemented simultaneously, in the Riyadh City. Key Responsibilities:
• As the overall in charge of the projects, oversaw the functioning of the project team for all projects, to ensure on-time delivery.
• Managed, Communicated and negotiated with all clients and stakeholders on behalf of the company and made sure that all projects comply with their expectations and contracts requirements.
• Managed significant, multiple, simultaneous projects to ensure that all contractual milestones requirements such as scope, budget, schedule, Quality, requirements comply with customer expectations by effective planning including logistics and execution
• Managed, developed and review planned time, cost, resources and all project parameters, to institute project execution recovery plan, monitored actual project progress against approved Plans, checked for variations, actual performance against performance baseline & prepare variance analysis report for schedule/cost and other project parameters' variances.
• Ensured project activities are well Controlled and coordinated with all contractors to meet stipulated requirements, and all necessary permits are ready.
• Reviewed the specification, drawings, shop drawings, as-built drawings are produced, submitted and duly approved and resolved any unclear issues, as well as ensured completion of punch list Items and projects Closeout & handover documentation.
• Exhibited expertise in claims/variation orders and involved in dispute resolution and arbitration as well as ensuring all variation Items are approved and confirmed for claiming.
• Submitted project reports progress, problems, solutions, implemented changes, interventions to achieve the project requirements.
The Specialized Contracting Company, Jeddah, KSA
Projects Manager - Madinah’s Area: Jul. 2008 - May 2011 Key Accomplishments:
Successfully Managed the implementation of 7 urgent Hotels simultaneously (3 basements + Mezzanine + 14 floors) in the central Area around Prophet Muhammad's Masjid, they joined the service in two consecutive seasons of Hajj seasons Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing the tools & techniques for projects, to achieve project objectives, and performance which greatly impacted time, budget, quality, and identified project milestones utilization to ensure corporate objectives and target profitability.
• Monitored subcontractor performance and reviewed their payments
• Acted as Strategic Change Agent; facilitated change to ensure that restructuring business objectives have attained.
• Managed projects to enable maximum financial flow and minimum cost expenditures without compromising.
• Rendering engineering and management advisory as well as managing the projects in the Organization,
• Established project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards. Undertook strategic decisions which greatly impacted the corporate relationship with the client and project profitability.
• Assisted with any legal, administrative, or contractual terms/queries as well as in the preparation of claims.
• Negotiated all relevant project contracts and variations, and authorized all payments to meet value-for-money criteria,
• Monitored selection and requisition of resources and ensure availability of material requirement of ongoing projects and ascertained optimal usage of all available resources to execute projects as per planned budget.
• Attained PM excellence and ensured the integrity of multiple projects concerning time, budget, scope, change, quality, and risk.
• Aided projects managers with any legal, administrative, or contractual items and assists in preparation of claims.
• Tracked project status, to analyze time and cost against targets, situation on invoicing, debtors, profitability and fee recovery rates, as well as the Clients objectives and client satisfaction of the overall project efficiency.
• Developed and executed structure for evaluation of change orders. Moreover, manage change control, risks, and issues.
• Headed a team of dynamic Project Managers, mentored them on all practical aspects of construction and conducted site visits to supervise the structure construction, inspections & quality control and assist them in all construction activities
• Discussed requirements with Contracts Administrator & Project Managers that might affect the project’s set-up in cost point
• Championed companywide projects, enabled maximum financial flow as well as mitigating cost expenditures
• Acted as Strategic Change Agent; facilitated change to ensure that restructuring business objectives have attained.
• Involved during Pre-Construction stages in the development of a Project Budget
• Responsible for P&L on each project, projected costs, contingent liabilities and contingent savings/increased profits
• Served as a liaison between the office and field, while coordinating staffing and movement of field personnel
• Worked with Company Accounting and oversee the payment requests and change order management process. Khatib & Alami, Riyadh, KSA
Area Manager of Riyadh Province, (Senior Project Manager): May 2005 – Jun 2008 Key Accomplishments:
• Played a vital role to successfully execute 59 projects in Riyadh province simultaneously (Owner - The Ministry of Interior) valued at 2.25 Billion Saudi Riyals.
• Astutely Managed the activities of the project and led the Engineering, Procurement and construction teams involved in executing the project and ensured that the project progressed on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Develop synergistic client and key stakeholder’s relationship from start to finish to determined and implemented the exact needs and expectations of the client.
• Provided value engineering recommendations to manage risks & monitored performance against agreed plans and instigated corrective action to achieve budget objectives
• Developing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards and taking strategic decisions, methodologies. Reviewed, maintained and highlighted the changes in the project plan, and implemented an effective project communications plan for monitoring and adapting to address any needed corrective actions
• Involved in negotiating with main contractor and client representatives regarding changes to the design, construction work scope, and schedules to Monitor claims proposed ways to mitigate impacts and develops workarounds.
• Ensuring that all implementing activities are under the highest quality assurance and control in all
• Contributed to implementing the company HSE procedures and ensuring regulations relating to health; safety is being met.
• Ensured all variation items are immediately acknowledged, and intentions are confirmed.
• Monitored main contractors’ work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and the contract documents.
• Provided leadership to the multi-national team in the development and execution of large-scale projects, each with a unique set of requirements, commercial terms, and technical parameters, managed project team conflicts, foster collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitated decision-making 4
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE HISTORY IN EGYPT
Nile Group for Engineering & Integrated Development (Real State), Egypt Projects General Manager (Company Projects Director): May 2000 – May 2005 Key Accomplishments:
• Residential Buildings Project in Badr City - Cairo
• Water Supply Network for New Reservoir & Renovation of the Station for Water Pumping in Tour Sinai City.
• Sewage Water Tank for the City of Tour Sinai and Completion of Sewage Networks of the City.
• Managing of the construction of Internal Roads Network of the City of Tour Sinai.
• Administrative & Hotel Building for Municipality Sports Club for Al-Mahallah Alkubra.
• Water Supply Network in Al-Rowaisat – Sharm Alshikh & Ras Kennedy Sharm Alshikh.
• Offices & Locker Rooms Building in Samanoud Sports Club.
• Secondary School in Osim City, Giza Province
The Egyptian Company for Construction (EGYPCO), Egypt Projects General Manager (Company Projects Director): May 1995 - April 2000 Key Accomplishments:
• 17 schools of different sizes simultaneously • 240 housing units (youth housing) • 320 housing units (youth housing).
• Court Complex Building, Al- Monnofeyia province • Jubail village drainage systems • Misr Bank (Basyoun City Branch) The Arab Contractors (Othman Ahmed Othman & Co.), Egypt Project Manager (Senior Project Manager): April 1984 - April 1995
(One of the leading construction companies in the Middle East and Africa. Employs about 77,000 employees, working in more than 29 countries.) Key Accomplishments:
• Egyptian Federation, long-distance swimming club.
• Administrative buildings and villas for the draft fish farms
• Pumping station to the draft fish farms
• Retaining walls and the interior walls of a SIDI_BESHR tunnel, Alexandria
• Implementing the renovation of the Liberation square and the entrances of the new opera. Urgent project
• Renovated club of the sports Police Federation. (Urgent project)
• Administrative housing compound of the Middle East- Company for Real Estate Investment, Pyramid Street
• 1500 housing units in Sheikh Zayed City.
• Tourist Chalet in the village of Karawan’s tourist of the northern coast.
The Egyptian Army
Officer, (First Lieutenant): Oct. 1982 - Mar 1984
• The construction and maintenance of railway lines from the Marsa Matrouh city to the Salloum city. About 300 Km in length.
• Implemented 35 Km railway lines from the Marsa Matrouh city to Al-Mahalfa city. CREDENTIALS
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering - Al-Mansoura University, Egypt - May 1982 Professional Development
• Project Management Professional Certificate PMP - Project Management Institute (PMI), USA - April 2016
• PMP Course - Italconsult SpA, - 2015
• Primavera Project Planner course - Arab Contractor Company - 1993
• Projects management software Course - Arab Contractors Company - 1992
• The Project Management course - Arab Contractors Company – 1990 Computer Skill
o MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint o Aconex o PCM o Autocad o Project Management Software o Internet o MS Project, Primavera P6 o Familiar with Sap & Etabs PERSONAL PARTICULARS
Date of Birth: 26/04/1959 / Languages Known: Arabic, English / Nationality: Egyptian Passport No.: A15941681 valid till 27/07/2022 / Visa Status: Transferable / Marital Status: Married Location Preference: Saudi Arabia / Gulf
References: Available on request