M ICHELLE A. F LEMING
**** * **** * *****, C HICAGO, IL 60620
Seeking a Phlebotomist position utilizing extensive skills in blood sample collection in order to contribute to the smooth flow of lab or hospital operations. Key Qualifications
• Over ten years of experience working as a Phlebotomist/Receptionist
• Certificate in Phlebotomy
• Experienced in CPR
• Skillful and precise in performing venipuncture’s and capillary punctures, collecting, preparing and storing blood samples, and verifying patients and medical records.
• Possess excellent patient-relations skills, known for having a gentle touch and the ability to alleviate patient anxieties.
• Venipuncture & Capillary Puncture
• Blood Collection & Handling Safety
• Quality Assurance & Control
Phlebotomist/Receptionist, Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago, IL) Sept 2014-Feb. 2017
• Obtain blood samples by method of venipuncture and capillary puncture.
• Utilized all PPE training while collecting blood in the inpatient laboratory.
• Serviced a wide range of patients from all different age groups. Phlebotomist/Receptionist, Grifols Plasmacare Chicago, IL ) Jan 2014-August 2014
• Obtain plasma during the process of Plasmapheresis
• Utilized PPE training
Phlebotomist/Receptionist, Rush Oak Park Hospital (Oak Park, IL) Jan 2011-July 2013
• Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture.
• Follow infection-control safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions. Phlebotomist/Receptionist, Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) Mar 2007-Aug 2010
• Performed phlebotomy functions on inpatient floors.
• Eased patients stress and made the experience as comfortable as possible, which maximized work flow.
Phlebotomist /Receptionist, Rush Oak Park Hospital (Oak Park, IL) Oct 2003-Dec 2006
• Collected, labeled, and processed patient specimens for testing.
• Prepared blood samples for testing, disposal, and shipping
• Entered requisitions and registered patients.
Phlebotomist, St. Joseph Hospital (Joliet, IL) June 2000-Aug 2003
• Performed phlebotomy functions on inpatient and outpatient floors.
• Served a wide range of patients from all different age groups.